“Great service. Wonderful stay. Could be more detail oriented”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #22 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The team stayed here for a conference.
Valet team represented the Ritz Atlanta well. Greeted and unloaded for us.
Not once was I pressured for tip, as I didnt always have change.
Car was always on time when I requested (usually called night before).
Small issue about traffic info, I asked about HOV to NW suburb (off I75), was told with moning traffic, would take 2 hrs. It took me an hour, basically i was too early for appointment. I would expect to be within 15-30mins, not 1hr early.

Check in was courteous and quick.

Room is typical upscale hotel room, bed was extremely comfortable. Each room seemed to have mixed nuts and 2 mini bottles of coke offered (oh, this is coke town...). i didnt get the coke relation till now... turn down included the usual milk and dark chocolate square. However no one noticed i only ate dark and left all the milk. detail, but this is a review on the Ritz...

Bath soaps get replenished daily. Not expecting that nowadays, but i guess nice to have extras to bring for next non-Ritz hotel stay.

Breakfast was wonderful, good selection of healthy and normal items. Fast, good service. Overall best value. I had yogurt fruit and granola with coffee and juice for $15, full breakfast for about $22. Room service coffee and 2 eggs (nothing else was darn near $30). So worth while to go down for breakfast.

Otherwise, very accommodating team.

Very convenient to children's museum, coke, GA world congress, GA aquarium.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had friend visiting from Germany and, to give them a night away from their kid, I booked them in the downtown Atlanta Ritz for 24-hours of carefree, childless adult-time. I could not have made a better choice! From check-in to departure, the entire experience was exceptional.

The staff immediately took these weary travelers under their wing, promptly checked them and whisked them to their room - where they had been upgraded! - before my girlfriend and I joined them for dinner that evening at the Atlantic Grill. Now, I'm not normally a great fan of in-hotel dining, but our experience at the Ritz's Atlantic Grill was truly exceptional. The service was prompt, attentive (without being over-bearing, one of my pet peeves) and all-around remarkable. The waiter even provided some helpful guidance to southern cuisine, taking the time to explain fried green tomatoes, grits and other local items on the menu. My friend and I enjoyed a nice Filet Oskar (that evening's special), while my girlfriend had the beef short ribs, and my friend's wife had the salmon. All were cooked to perfection and on-par or better than any steakhouse, including the local Bones, Ruth's Chris or Morton's.

When I saw my friends the next day when I dropped of their son to join them to visit the GA Aquarium, they both had big grins on their faces and couldn't stop gushing about how great the entire experience was. Notable mentions by these experienced travelers included quality of the bedding, the cleanliness of the rooms and how exceptional the breakfast had been.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were greeted by valet. We walked into the lobby and had a quick and easy check-in experience. Our room was ready on time, which is always a plus! We didn't need help with our bags, but were offered. We were given a nice corner room on the 18th floor with a king bed. Everything was clean and smelled nice. We went downstairs to have a few drinks at Lumen before dinner. I found peach and vanilla jelly beans in the lobby. They were delicious and I thought it was a cute nod to the south. The bartender at Lumen, Martin, was very nice and attentive. He had many suggestions for bourbon for my husband. He did not know how to make the drink I requested, but had no problem looking it up for me and made it perfectly. Turn down serve at any hotel is always a nice touch, so I loved that. The noise level was very low. The bathroom was nice with lovely amenities and plush towels. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the downtown Atlanta area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The price and location were very attractive for our weekend getaway prior to a Monday meeting in Atlanta. That said, the hotel's structure and the service did not compare well with a genuine Ritz-Carlton stay (e.g. Laguna Niguel); this seems like a hotel with a pleasant Ritz-Carlton veneer rather than a property that really lives up to the name.

The staff are very pleasant but not exceptional. The room was very clean and had a truly wonderful, comfortable bed with great linens, but the tub in the cramped bathroom was Holiday Inn quality (small and narrow, with only adequate fixtures). The location was very good - a few short blocks to the Centennial Olympic Park including the fabulous aquarium, and multiple good restaurants are close by including a fun evening at a well-run participatory dinner theater called "Agatha's - A Taste of Mystery".

Overall, we were happy for what we paid, but I would suggest that they call this "Ritz Carlton Style" to avoid diluting the brand. At a higher price this would have been disappointing.

Room Tip: Street noise would have been a problem if we'd faced Peachtree on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We unfortunately were only able to spend one night at the Ritz as we were on our way to Mexico. From the moment we entered the property, we were shown impeccable customer service from every single Ritz employee. Everyone tried to be as helpful as possible to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Kalynn and Ashley at the front desk were fantastic, answering all questions, giving us as much information as possible. We were shown the Club Lounge, and the employees in that section were absolutely the best - Micah rocks! They wanted to make sure you had everything you needed at all times. Our room was the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. We slept like a rock on the Ritz bed. Words just cannot do justice for this hotel, it's employees, and it's ammenities. I only wish I had more opportunities to visit Atlanta. I would definitely stay here again!!!! I wish I could give more than 5 stars for their Service!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you so much for your praise in particular Kalynn, Ashley and Micah. Enjoy your vacation in Mexico!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Very typical Ritz. Great service and knowledgeable staff. Great location. Beds were comfortable. Did not get a chance to try restaurant or bar but they were hopping and looked fun. Hotel has a good feel to it and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The service at this hotel was impeccable, almost too much from the valet service at times. However, they really went out of their way to get our group to our meeting on time. Hotel bar is very lively and staff are very attentive. The rooms were not at the same Ritz level I would expect with the standard layout and a bathroom with a tub/shower combo that was mediocre at best and more on par with the Marriott chains. The walls were a bit thin as well as I could hear too much in adjacent rooms and in the hallway. The views from the 5th floor room were of mechanicals.
The location is great for downtown work but there's not a lot of nightlife downtown (much better midtown). Carries the Ritz name well but the property could use some updating to be more on par with the Four seasons in Atlanta. Overall great stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business