“An Older Property, But Still a Great Experience (Especially the Club)”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #25 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 22 April 2014

While many reviewers have noted that the rooms are a bit outdated, I also found the rates to be very reasonable and thus was not surprised and was quite happy and comfortable. We upgraded to club room access and I was glad we did. Micah Dean, who worked in the evenings, was just exceptional and went out of his way to make it a pleasant experience for my family (I was juggling two kids, and he was just so helpful and understanding). We also loved the cook in the lounge, who was so friendly and accommodating. The rest of the lounge staff was not up to par with those two.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We drove to the Ritz Carlton for a quick weekend getaway in downtown Atlanta. The property is easy to find and in good location. Checking in was a breeze and the accommodations are what we expect of a Ritz Carlton. The staff was courteous and helpful although we didn't have to many interactions with them. Housecleaning and turn-down services were done daily. The room was clean and nice. Very comfortable beds and room for a standard room. We very much enjoyed our stay at this particular location, and we will be doing it again soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in a great location. Walking distance to the Georgia aquarium. Great service, treated very well by all employees we encountered. My only complaint is the hotel rooms are a little worn. Some dust on the bathroom lights. Wallpaper a little tattered. But overall nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed here on our weekend away in atlanta. We wanted something walking distance to the aquarium, Olympic park, etc and the ritz fit the bill.

Hotel is nice, but agree with the other reviewers....it's not the same. It's an older hotel. My recommendation to the hotel is to pay attention to the details...for example, does the shower drain, is there enough towels, etc. we had some minor problems like that, but the service took care of all of them with a smile.

The staff is among the top for the ritz. Everyone (and I mean everyone!) was friendly and helpful. This is why we would stay at the ritz again.

Related to the service, I was disappointed that the ritz didn't offer options for transportation. One lesson learned to share is to be careful with taking cabs...they will take you (figuratively and literally). We learned the hard way. For example, I used uberx for the ride home and it was half of the way going. I was disappointed that the ritz advised 'cab' was the way to go and didn't point me in other transportation options, but live and learn. Hope this helps someone.

The accommodations are nice, but not fantastic. The service throws it over the edge to the ritz standards.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My first stay was Veterans Day weekend (November 2013).

CON: I woke up with bug bites on my arm, neck and hands and had to be moved to a new room. The ipod dock in the new room didnt work and the bathrobe was stained...... It took more than 10 hours to have both replaced. The hotel gave me a complimentary fruit plate a bottle of Fiji water and comped 1 night of my weekend stay. They also mailed me a 1 free night voucher to return for a "2nd try". VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!

PRO: Valet and front desk staff were extremely courteous.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Melissa D
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Melissa, thank you very much for sharing your concerns. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. I have sent you a private message with my contact information to hopefully have further dialogue. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The team stayed here for a conference.
Valet team represented the Ritz Atlanta well. Greeted and unloaded for us.
Not once was I pressured for tip, as I didnt always have change.
Car was always on time when I requested (usually called night before).
Small issue about traffic info, I asked about HOV to NW suburb (off I75), was told with moning traffic, would take 2 hrs. It took me an hour, basically i was too early for appointment. I would expect to be within 15-30mins, not 1hr early.

Check in was courteous and quick.

Room is typical upscale hotel room, bed was extremely comfortable. Each room seemed to have mixed nuts and 2 mini bottles of coke offered (oh, this is coke town...). i didnt get the coke relation till now... turn down included the usual milk and dark chocolate square. However no one noticed i only ate dark and left all the milk. detail, but this is a review on the Ritz...

Bath soaps get replenished daily. Not expecting that nowadays, but i guess nice to have extras to bring for next non-Ritz hotel stay.

Breakfast was wonderful, good selection of healthy and normal items. Fast, good service. Overall best value. I had yogurt fruit and granola with coffee and juice for $15, full breakfast for about $22. Room service coffee and 2 eggs (nothing else was darn near $30). So worth while to go down for breakfast.

Otherwise, very accommodating team.

Very convenient to children's museum, coke, GA world congress, GA aquarium.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had friend visiting from Germany and, to give them a night away from their kid, I booked them in the downtown Atlanta Ritz for 24-hours of carefree, childless adult-time. I could not have made a better choice! From check-in to departure, the entire experience was exceptional.

The staff immediately took these weary travelers under their wing, promptly checked them and whisked them to their room - where they had been upgraded! - before my girlfriend and I joined them for dinner that evening at the Atlantic Grill. Now, I'm not normally a great fan of in-hotel dining, but our experience at the Ritz's Atlantic Grill was truly exceptional. The service was prompt, attentive (without being over-bearing, one of my pet peeves) and all-around remarkable. The waiter even provided some helpful guidance to southern cuisine, taking the time to explain fried green tomatoes, grits and other local items on the menu. My friend and I enjoyed a nice Filet Oskar (that evening's special), while my girlfriend had the beef short ribs, and my friend's wife had the salmon. All were cooked to perfection and on-par or better than any steakhouse, including the local Bones, Ruth's Chris or Morton's.

When I saw my friends the next day when I dropped of their son to join them to visit the GA Aquarium, they both had big grins on their faces and couldn't stop gushing about how great the entire experience was. Notable mentions by these experienced travelers included quality of the bedding, the cleanliness of the rooms and how exceptional the breakfast had been.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends