“Nice location”

Ranked #21 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Nice location”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A great hotel, with staff who were attentive and genuinely helpful.
Stayed 4 nights for work and found everything I needed.
More TV channels than I could work my way through, a decent sized desk. Only gripe was the expensive WiFi, which I expect to be free or cheaper these days.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I booked a package that included breakfast and parking. The rates are about half the cost of the Ritz in Chicago, but that is probably tied to the location. Downtown Atlanta is a fine place to stay on business, but for leisure I would head toward the Buckhead area. There is no real shopping nearby and limited options for dinner.

The rooms were comparable to other a Ritz-Carlton properties and the front desk, bell men and valets were outstanding. They were friendly, went out of their way to offer assistance and were most pleasant.

Only negative was the dining. We ordered breakfast in the room the first morning and it sucked. The order was missing coffee, so the attendant agreed to get it, but assured me it would be added to my bill. Meanwhile, the rock hard muffins that had clearly been microwaved too long, grew rubbery while the coffee was fetched. When the attendant brought the coffee, she reiterated that it would be added to the bill. Thanks

The next day we opted for breakfast at the Atlanta Grill. The ambiance was pleasant and the restaurant was all but empty. My twelve-year-old was given orange juice that was riddled with pulp. When I inquired with the server if pulp-filled was the only juice available, she vaguely said "Yeah" and sauntered off, never to return until I advised the hostess I hadn't seen our server in eons and wished to leave since we were done eating. The waitress was sent over and asked what I wanted, but did furnish the bill. The food was much better quality than room service and the prices are less ($14 for bacon in the room; $5 for bacon at the Grill).

Overall, this is a nice, secure place to stay. The gym offered complimentary headphones, water, powerade and newspapers. Nice touches throughout the property.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Julia B
Brentwood, TN
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Was here for a quick stay for some business meetings and, again, had a terrific experience. The service from the moment you drop off your car with the valet, the check in process, and getting the bags to the room were all seamless, professional, courteous, and polished. Just enough attention to know they care about your comfort, but not too much where it is awkward. I had a bit of room service and it was terrific. If you re going to stay in downtown Atlanta, the Ritz is a terrific option and really not that much more expensive than the other similar venues in the area. Worth every cent.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The lobby of this hotel is so elegant and sexy its a great spot to have a drink before you head out. Our room was spacious with beautiful linens and a super soft bed. Bathroom was a little tight but shower pressure was great. We were traveling with our 1 year old son which is always an adventure. We had called ahead for a crib and were instructed it would be there when we checked in, it wasn't so I called they said they would send it up. We left for dinner, came back, crib was still no where to be found. Had also requested at the front desk when we came home from dinner for a glass of milk for my son to be sent up because there was no milk at the bar. After 30 mins no milk, I called said it was on its way, 45 mins no milk, called again milk was lost apparently. Finally after 1 hour a glass of milk and the crib showed up. It wasn't a huge issue but surprising since Ritz are known for their service. On a high note hotels is in a great location just a few blocks from Centennial Park, everyone was very kind and sweet to our super busy toddler, service elsewhere was impeccable. I think in this price range there are so many luxury hotels in ATL I would try somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jtraveler44
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the service delays. As a parent myself I can truly empathize with your experience. I have sent you a private message with my contact information hopeful that we can connect. On the flipside thank you very much for sharing your positive comments and observations as well.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We loved the the food service and the staff was unbelievable. They catered to our every need. I will always come back if I am in Atlanta. The hotel is right in the middle of everything. It is super close to Americasmart and the marta.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Emily H
charlotte
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a Hotel that you know you are at the right place when you drive up. It is NICE. Not as nice as St Regis Osaka, but....totally different world. It is as good as, if not better than Four Seasons Atlanta. The personel are all exceptional. The facility has a few maintenance items that need repairs, but, overall it is great. So much better than most of the hotels that people rate as 4 and 5 diamond in Atlanta. The Ritz here is first class.

Room Tip: Club level, Club level, Club level. Makes a world of difference.
1 Thank TeufelHundenguy
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Perry, thank you very much for your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Atlanta.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am a snob for art and I absolutely loved the artistic pieces throughout this hotel.
The decor is edgy and modern yet sophisicated classic luxury at the same time.
My friends and I had lunch in the Atlanta Grill and I was particularly impressed with the dessert selection. I ended up choosing the red velvet cheesecake and it was delicious.
We also decided to pay extra for Club Access during our stay and it was definitely worth it.
The level of service and the presentation of the food in the club lounge was amazing. I also loved the way the lounge was very elegantly decorated.
We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Treat yourself to club lounge. It's worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends