The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
US$139
US$135
Travelocity
1,667 results
All reviewsjelly beansclub levelcandy barturn down serviceroom servicebuckhead locationvalet staffheart of downtowngeorgia aquariumluxury hotelfitness centerpeachtree streetvalet parkingsouthern hospitalityhigh floorhotel restaurantcentennial park
FilterAll languages
999 - 1,004 of 1,667 reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2014

As a mothers day treat my husband surprised me with an over night stay downtown at the Ritz. He booked a suite for us, we arrived at 3:00 to check in but the room wasn't ready. We were told it would only take about 30 minutes and we actually spent over 2 hours wasting money at the bar in the hotel lobby. I understand that some people check out late, but I was very disappointed they didn't even offer a discount towards our next stay. The hotel is beautiful, the staff was amazing but next time we will stick with the hotels that have more concern about guest being inconvenienced. We wasn't even offered a later check out time or anything to make up for our room not being ready. I really did expect better service than what we received.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Connie T
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Connie, I am very sorry about the check in delay spoiling your surprise get away. I have sent you a private message with my contact information hopeful that I may be able to follow up with you personally. Kind regards.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We chose this hotel because they offered a special that included valet parking and a $50 breakfast credit for each day of our stay (note: the credit only applies to breakfast). The room was very clean, food was delicious. The Atlanta grill offers nice outdoor seating, and the lounge is nice place for an afternoon drink/snack. Very accommodating staff - an overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KLynn616
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton, downtown (on Peachtree, of course) during the Memorial Day weekend. While the Ritz is everything you would expect for the price, I found the annoyance level of staying there such that it will not warrant a return visit from me.

The people there are wonderful. They are dotting, friendly, and are great at anticipating your needs. I mean everyone from the valet parking attendants, registration, bellmen, room service are awesome.

The room amenities are terrific. They have firm beds with pillow tops and multi thread cotton sheets. Nice décor. I am disabled and their walk-in shower design was perfect and worked without splashing water (or flooding) all over the floor. Unfortunately, their version of a disabled toilet is to use the usual lowboy toilet and then surround it with rails. My disability makes getting up from low places extremely difficult. They need to discover the higher toilets that are more accommodating for the disabled.

Prices are high for everything (like old JP Morgan said, “If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it”): drinks in the bar, 5 drinks without tip, $72.00; and room service, fruit plate, large coffee, cheddar biscuits, $48.00. For the $220 price for dinner, the food was superb. Their chef creates imaginative dishes cooked perfectly. The coffee, which appears to come from a Bunn Coffeemaker, is horrid. They need to discover a French press or learn to make good coffee on demand (this goes for room service too). The Atlanta Grill environment is beautiful with multi-color wood paneling and old black and white photos of Atlanta.

Ok, now here is why I will never go back. The street next to the hotel seems to attract multiple groups of folks on Harleys, people who really, really like to share their music with you, and a loud and boisterous crowd at Sweet Georgia’s across the street. This general racket goes on until 2 am. For the cost of the rooms, I got less sleep than I would at a cheaper motel. Yes, I know this is something the Ritz can’t control (not like they can just move the whole dang hotel). Unfortunately, where I considered making this my go-to hotel for weekends in Atlanta, I am afraid it was a deal breaker.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Peachtree Street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlday1256
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Mr. Day, thank you very much for your wonderful feedback reagarding our staff and the hotel in general. Your recommendations regarding the handicap accessible toilet and coffee are well taken. I apologize for the street noise due to the Memorial Day parade and the festivities associated with special events like these. We have noted your preference for a higher floor. Kind regards.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Perfect downtown location. Tons to do in walking distance. From the valet parking forward the costumer service was spot on at every turn. Made our three year old son feel incredibly welcomed and well cared for as well.

Ate at on sight restaurant Atlanta Grill for three meals. Food was well executed and cooked to perfection. Menu was somewhat generic but not overly so..

Room was nice but a bit dated. Bed was extremely comfortable. As some others have noted bathrooms seem disproportionately small. Over all room was clean and inviting. (Had some wonky issues with electricity - lights kept turning on and off on their own at night and the sink didn't drain so well. Called housekeeping to fix it but it never was repaired.)

All in all the costumer service and location dramatically outweighed the negatives with the room. Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank josh w
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Spent a weekend in the Ritz with our two boys (4 and 6). We purchased the aquarium package which is an absolutely fantastic deal. The aquarium is an easy ten minute walk from the hotel through Centennial Park. Get to the hotel early so you can grab your tickets and be first to the aquarium. (It is extremely crowded on the weekends.) Rooms are comfortable, but nothing special. There is no pool at the Ritz -- bad for kids -- but you are allowed to use the Marriott Marquis pool which is large and only three blocks away. There are plenty of kid-friendly restaurants within walking distance. We enjoyed the Hard Rock and Meehan's, both having good kids menus and having enough chaos to keep the kids entertained. Again, each are less than a block from the hotel. We had breakfast in The Atlanta Grill which was part of the package. The Grill has great food but the service is remarkably slow if you order off of the menu -- VERY BAD FOR KIDS. Save yourself some pain and go with the buffet. Request a high floor (22 or higher) so when you leave in the morning you can catch the elevator empty on the way down. There are long waits for an empty spot as people departing for the day fill the elevators. Have fun!

Room Tip: Pick a high floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family