“Well-appointed and always meets my needs for this annual family affair.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #21 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
“Well-appointed and always meets my needs for this annual family affair.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I love the fact that this hotel is located in the heart of downtown. Although we only stay here once or twice a year, a couple of the staff members have become acquainted with us and its quite nice to be recognized and to receive a warm welcome from familiar faces. Truly the property is well-maintained but its the little things like this keep us coming back.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Welcome Back! Thank you for allowing us to be part of your annual family traditions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Newburgh, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Whenever I come down to Atlanta, I had been staying at the Buckhead property. There was an issue or two up there with slow internet so I decided to try the downtown Ritz for a change.

Unfortunately, I keep comparing it to Buckhead and it does fall a bit short in my expectations. I upgraded to the Club floor and although everyone is super nice and accommodating, it just isn't the same as many of the other Ritz properties that I have stayed at. The offerings in the Club Lounge are somewhat sparse; I have yet to experience that level of sparseness and I've stayed in many Club's. They must have a cheapskate for a manager.

It is a less expensive stay than Buckhead, though, so that factor should enter into any decision that you make. Downtown is kind of dicey as well; you have to be prepared for that if you venture out. It gets wild out there.

The hotel is well within walking distance to many of Atlanta's attractions such as the acquarium and Coca Cola World, among others.

I had a late lunch at the Atlanta Grill (their restaurant) and although the food was good and the atmosphere was good (ate on the terrace) the service was terrible, but that was strictly limited to my luck of the draw that day. I'm sure that is a rare occurrence.

On the plus side, you are much closer to the airport than Buckhead and those few measly miles can add up to some horrendous traffic jams.

The customer service at the hotel is top notch and there is no criticism there.

The internet speed is much faster than Buckhead's, which is one of my main criticisms there. When you need to remote connect, you need speed. Downtown's is not super fast, either, but it is usable; Buckheads was not.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Club Floor if you can; try to use Amex if you have one
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights at end of golf trip in Nov. Staff very friendly and helpful, restaraunt excellent, very fine mojitos!! Everything you'd expect from a Ritz Carlton,will definately use again and would certainly recommend if ever in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Couldn't really help as we were allocated room on arrival, which was fine.
Green Features: Was only there a couple of night so apart from towel exchange couldn't really comment.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GazBet
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Ritz customer service is the best they really cater to customer needs

Stayed at this property for one night Also ate at Atlanta grill breakfast and lunch

Pros:-
-walking distance to coca cola and aquarium.
- nice and clean property.
- gym open 24 hrs which has steam and sauna room.
-breakfast was good
- people were friendly.

Cons:-

- lunch was not as great.
- parking is valet only I like to park myself so I parked next door $30 one night
-no pool on property

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Gary D
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Came down for a quick one night get away with my husband. Fabulous on line deal included valet parking and breakfast.

The staff was the usual amazing wonderful, all about customer service , which we have come to expect at any Ritz.

The interior was just kind if weird. Seemed like a bit of a late 80s throw back with black paneling super glitzy light fixtures and really ugly hallway carpeting ...our bed sheets had holes in them which was super surprising

We had a room facing Peachtree and it was LOUD!! People hooting and hollering in the street and rooms around us with doors banging and people yelling as they passed by our room at one am

Breakfast in the grill room the next morning was fantastic. Great food awesome staff.

We have stayed at the Buckhead location and Lake Oconee , this Ritz just didn't seem to be on the same level in terms of decor But the staff was all top notch

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Alicia67
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

As a mothers day treat my husband surprised me with an over night stay downtown at the Ritz. He booked a suite for us, we arrived at 3:00 to check in but the room wasn't ready. We were told it would only take about 30 minutes and we actually spent over 2 hours wasting money at the bar in the hotel lobby. I understand that some people check out late, but I was very disappointed they didn't even offer a discount towards our next stay. The hotel is beautiful, the staff was amazing but next time we will stick with the hotels that have more concern about guest being inconvenienced. We wasn't even offered a later check out time or anything to make up for our room not being ready. I really did expect better service than what we received.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Connie T
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Connie, I am very sorry about the check in delay spoiling your surprise get away. I have sent you a private message with my contact information hopeful that I may be able to follow up with you personally. Kind regards.
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We chose this hotel because they offered a special that included valet parking and a $50 breakfast credit for each day of our stay (note: the credit only applies to breakfast). The room was very clean, food was delicious. The Atlanta grill offers nice outdoor seating, and the lounge is nice place for an afternoon drink/snack. Very accommodating staff - an overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family