“Great staff”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #22 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very nice...rooms are average but the staff is wonderful..Sunday breakfast is very good...champagne on check in was a good touch...very close to centennial park and downtown sights...Ask for a high room

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The service was amazing from the moment we drove up to the hotel. The valet staff did an amazing job both with check-in and check-out. The room had everything we needed, and the friendliness and helpfulness of the entire staff made our stay perfect. The room was comfortable, and we had a great night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KC262
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you very much for complimenting our staff and their service delivery - in particular the valet team.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Picked the Ritz for an upscale experience. The thing lacking was the room service. Just could not get items refreshed. I'm surprised we had to keep asking. Especially for the price we paid. Otherwise, stay was good. Pretty average experience for a the Ritz. Definitely not a cut above. Rooms are definitely small. Not my usual southern experience which is why I got on here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I certainly would like to apologize for your experience and I will follow up with our Housekeeping Team in regards to keeping guest room supplies/amenities well stocked and replenished.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel was fine for the conference I was attending but it the rooms are not worth the full price. Small and no key pad in room safe made me a little annoyed. I also disliked the way turn down service was hit miss. Sometimes you have it and sometimes you don't. I waited until 8:30 one night and still no sign of anyone. I was also mad when I returned to the room at 2:30 in the afternoon and it was not cleaned. I had to go down to the lobby and wait. All I wanted was to go to the room and rest.

The room was quite and clean but so is the local Hampton Inn and Suites. I have stayed in many beautiful places but this hotel nothing more than a little bit classier Hampton Inn. I will not return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the inconsistent timing of your housekeeping services. We certainly did not mean to disrupt your well deserved rest when returning from a busy conference day. Your suggestion of upgrading to a larger key pad safe when renovating is well taken.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We booked an executive suite over the Memorial Day weekend. We like luxury accommodations and like to splurge for upper classes of service, but we aren't snobs and also like a nice clean, centrally located boutique hotel with friendly staff. This hotel is more on the luxury side. We've booked suites before and this was nice but a few things took the polish off the apple. Here's the pros and cons:

Pros:
Centrally located to downtown
Warm welcome with "champagne style" beverage (Spanish Cava)
Friendly doormen
Good room service - especially desserts - they give a time and stick to it
Excellent cocktail lounge (Lumen)
Peach jellybeans
Great view of parade from our window

Cons:
Lack of restaurant facilities in hotel
Watermarks on some furniture
Fruit plate taken before we finished
Call from kitchen woke me up to check on how I liked my meal
$12/day wireless
Lumen's (bar) closest restroom in the basement

I'll comment on my favorite pro and my least favorite con. Lumen the cocktail lounge was great. We did not expect to stay 4+ hours but the bartender was great. I totally forgot her name but she was Chinese-American and had studied Engineering in college and in her early 40's. She worked the Saturday evening of the Memorial Day weekend. She chatted easily with all the guest and made the greatest suggestions. I love classic cocktails and innovative new concoctions and she was great at both. She created such a friendly experience that we switched between chatting with her and a cool couple seated next to us. After four hours a $400 bar (for two) tab I was still clear headed and had an enjoyable evening, had met some nice folks and got some cocktail mixing tips. I'd gladly go back any evening.

Con, I refused to pay for the $12/day wireless. All I needed it for was to check for work, I had nothing else to do with my laptop. I put my foot down and stubbornly refused to pay for it. I'm not cheap, I spent way too much in the bar but loved every minute, I grazed the snacks in the mini bar and enjoyed it but I will not pay for something that should be free. Especially when you are paying more that a fare price. Paying for internet just felt chintzy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your thorough review and fair assessments. I am glad that your overall experience was an enjoyable one hi lighted by Yuen at the Lumen Bar. Most definitely I will share your compliments with her. Our Atlanta Grill is an excellent restaurant located on the second floor overlooking Peachtree Street and one of the few restaurants offering outside dining in the downtown area. I will follow up on your furniture and fruit amenity observations and correct those. The free internet service debate is certainly a live one and your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

A simply stunning and elegant hotel of the finest quality. Rooms are traditionally exceptional, roomy and comfortable. Perfectly located for both business and pleasure. Expensive bit then it's The Ritz!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Alan for your great review.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife, 5 year old, and my self stayed here for 2 nights on June 15th thru the 17th. I booked online the Aquarium family package. The room was clean and comfortable. The tickets to the Aquarium were given to us at check in. The staff was excellent. They even offered us pick up and drop off service to the Aquarium (with tip). We did not have any complaints with our stay other than the Hotel does not have a pool which was a little issue for our 5 year old. If you are looking for a hotel in downtown, clean, with great staff, this is the Hotel to stay at in Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family