“The Ritz Never Disappoints” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #21 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“The Ritz Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Located on Peachtree, a retail and restaurant strip, so it was very conveniently located. Walking distance to World of Coca Cola, Centennial Park, CNN Tour, and Aquarium. The room was spotless, as always. The bathroom was not as luxurious as some Ritz's I have stayed at. The bed was super comfy. The staff was friendly although I will say the concierge was not very knowledgeable about sight-seeing locations. The bellmen were awesome and made some wonderful recommendations of places to go and things to do - they even drove me and picked me up again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Christine, thank you for your compliments and recommendation. In addition to the attractions you have listed, the Museum for Civil & Human Rights just opened and the College Football Hall of Fame will welcome its first visitors on August 23. When you return - most likely the new Streetcar will be operational and all the destinations are along the route. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

What can I say? It's the Ritz-Carlton! Great service, beautiful room, the bed was soooo comfortable. The bartender at the lumen on Friday night was awesome. The details everywhere make it worth the price. It's close to Olympic park and the Ferris wheel.

Stayed July 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very nice...rooms are average but the staff is wonderful..Sunday breakfast is very good...champagne on check in was a good touch...very close to centennial park and downtown sights...Ask for a high room

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Valdosta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The service was amazing from the moment we drove up to the hotel. The valet staff did an amazing job both with check-in and check-out. The room had everything we needed, and the friendliness and helpfulness of the entire staff made our stay perfect. The room was comfortable, and we had a great night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KC262
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you very much for complimenting our staff and their service delivery - in particular the valet team.
Bennington, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Picked the Ritz for an upscale experience. The thing lacking was the room service. Just could not get items refreshed. I'm surprised we had to keep asking. Especially for the price we paid. Otherwise, stay was good. Pretty average experience for a the Ritz. Definitely not a cut above. Rooms are definitely small. Not my usual southern experience which is why I got on here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. I certainly would like to apologize for your experience and I will follow up with our Housekeeping Team in regards to keeping guest room supplies/amenities well stocked and replenished.
Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel was fine for the conference I was attending but it the rooms are not worth the full price. Small and no key pad in room safe made me a little annoyed. I also disliked the way turn down service was hit miss. Sometimes you have it and sometimes you don't. I waited until 8:30 one night and still no sign of anyone. I was also mad when I returned to the room at 2:30 in the afternoon and it was not cleaned. I had to go down to the lobby and wait. All I wanted was to go to the room and rest.

The room was quite and clean but so is the local Hampton Inn and Suites. I have stayed in many beautiful places but this hotel nothing more than a little bit classier Hampton Inn. I will not return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the inconsistent timing of your housekeeping services. We certainly did not mean to disrupt your well deserved rest when returning from a busy conference day. Your suggestion of upgrading to a larger key pad safe when renovating is well taken.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We booked an executive suite over the Memorial Day weekend. We like luxury accommodations and like to splurge for upper classes of service, but we aren't snobs and also like a nice clean, centrally located boutique hotel with friendly staff. This hotel is more on the luxury side. We've booked suites before and this was nice but a few things took the polish off the apple. Here's the pros and cons:

Pros:
Centrally located to downtown
Warm welcome with "champagne style" beverage (Spanish Cava)
Friendly doormen
Good room service - especially desserts - they give a time and stick to it
Excellent cocktail lounge (Lumen)
Peach jellybeans
Great view of parade from our window

Cons:
Lack of restaurant facilities in hotel
Watermarks on some furniture
Fruit plate taken before we finished
Call from kitchen woke me up to check on how I liked my meal
$12/day wireless
Lumen's (bar) closest restroom in the basement

I'll comment on my favorite pro and my least favorite con. Lumen the cocktail lounge was great. We did not expect to stay 4+ hours but the bartender was great. I totally forgot her name but she was Chinese-American and had studied Engineering in college and in her early 40's. She worked the Saturday evening of the Memorial Day weekend. She chatted easily with all the guest and made the greatest suggestions. I love classic cocktails and innovative new concoctions and she was great at both. She created such a friendly experience that we switched between chatting with her and a cool couple seated next to us. After four hours a $400 bar (for two) tab I was still clear headed and had an enjoyable evening, had met some nice folks and got some cocktail mixing tips. I'd gladly go back any evening.

Con, I refused to pay for the $12/day wireless. All I needed it for was to check for work, I had nothing else to do with my laptop. I put my foot down and stubbornly refused to pay for it. I'm not cheap, I spent way too much in the bar but loved every minute, I grazed the snacks in the mini bar and enjoyed it but I will not pay for something that should be free. Especially when you are paying more that a fare price. Paying for internet just felt chintzy.

Green Features: They used LED light bulbs. I liked the warm glow they gave and felt less guilty about keeping the lights on. Good work RC!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your thorough review and fair assessments. I am glad that your overall experience was an enjoyable one hi lighted by Yuen at the Lumen Bar. Most definitely I will share your compliments with her. Our Atlanta Grill is an excellent restaurant located on the second floor overlooking Peachtree Street and one of the few restaurants offering outside dining in the downtown area. I will follow up on your furniture and fruit amenity observations and correct those. The free internet service debate is certainly a live one and your comments are appreciated.