“Nice stay, wonderful staff, but not as fancy as I expected. ”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #21 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice stay, wonderful staff, but not as fancy as I expected. ”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I have never stayed at a Ritz, so when we were given a free Bed & Breakfast package as a gift, I was very excited. This is a very old property and not as nice as some of the W hotels I've stayed in. The staff was wonderful though. Had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant on site. Both were very pricey, and the breakfast was better than the dinner. Bathroom was very small, bed slept nice, and room was a nice size. Cocktail is the lobby lounge are $16 each. Ouch! Overall good stay, but I probably wouldn't stay here again if I had other options or it wasn't a gift.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We decided to leave the mountains a day early so I searched for decent hotels in Atlanta as we were due to fly out on Saturday and it would give us a day to explore another part of Georgia.
What a great price we got AND what a fabulous hotel. We travel a lot and think this is one of the best hotels EVER!!!!! The welcome was personnal, the room fab. The breakfast was outstanding!! On departure we had someone get the car; another bell boy grabbed the luggage, another gave us directions to the airport...everyone was only too pleased to help.
Don't stay anywhere else.

Green Features: I agree with using towels more than once. Totally support anything done to save the environment
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie O
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Debbie, thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. We are thrilled that you had such a great experience while staying with us. Best wishes from one of the best hotels ever across "the pond".
nc
Reviewed 2 August 2014

So nice to stay in a clean hotel. Really enjoyed my stay at the Ritz. Was there on business. Convenient location. Friendly staff. If all hotels would just try to mimic the cleanliness of this hotel it sure would be wonderful.

Thanks for another great stay

2 Thank honestNc
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here on business and was glad to see that the things I loved about the hotel a year ago are still true. The room was very comfortable with top notch bathroom amenities. The robe was there, but no slippers and when I called house keeping they said they would send some up, but hours later left a voice message that they were out of them. The shower curtain liner in my bathroom was too long for the tub and about two inches of it was actually in the bottom of the tub during my showers which made me wonder how they clean it between guests. The Atlanta Grill is a wonderful, but pricey restaurant. I was on a floor that gave me access to the Club Lounge where beverages and light snacks are available all day long, which was a big plus. One afternoon I opted to get out of my room and work in the Club Lounge in a high-backed leather chair which was fabulous. In the morning, they have grab 'n go breakfast selections available in the lobby bar which was nice. I liked that you needed to use your key to access the sleeping room floors. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room that gives you access to the Private Lounge on the 23rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your detailed review, feedback and compliments. I appreciate your recommendation and recognition for consistency. Hopefully it will not take another year before your return visit to Atlanta. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Waldorf, MD
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful stay! Excellent service, convenient location. Easy walk to downtown attractions and restaurants. Convenient to catch a cab to Turner Field. Good in-room dining options with efficient service. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor for better city views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dzjenn
Chicago
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm in Atlanta often for work, and have had the opportunity to stay at the Ritz downtown. It is without a doubt one of the most professional, yet warm experiences you will ever have. The club lounge is extensive in hours and in offerings, and even has a nice lunch. The staff there are impeccable. The rooms are lovely, the view is nice and they will do anything at all to make your stay perfect. You can't go wrong here!

1 Thank JKit
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton -Atlanta for our anniversary. From the minute we pulled up to the valet area we were treated like a million bucks. Everyone made us welcomed and always called us by
Mr and Mrs..., they were very respectful and attentive to all our needs and requests. Love it!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Jackie K
Dear Jackie, Happy Anniversary! Thank you for celebrating your special occasion with us.