“Business and Pleasure”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #21 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
“Business and Pleasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

I've stayed here plenty times traveling on business and the stay has always been excellent. After we moved to Atlanta I surprised my husband with a birthday night out here and he thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel and staff are always warm and inviting, the flowers beautiful and the lounge and restaurant have great service and food. It's also easy to get to and from the airport or other areas with the Marta station directly across the street.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you Sonja for your continued support and endorsement. I am glad that you enjoyed your last visit celebrating your husband's birthday as much as your frequent business trips.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is by far one of my favorite hotels while I'm on business travel. From check-in to check-out, I thoroughly enjoy the staff's attention to detail, the food is good, and the rooms are always consistently cleaned. I also like the fact that their gym is 24 hours (the Ritz in Buckhead does not have a 24-hour gym, which is unfortunate!) I have stayed at this property at least 15-20 times in the past 7 months and enjoy the reliability and consistency of the quality and customer service. The Lumen lounge area is also great for business meetings with colleagues or clients. I've never stayed at the property for leisure, but I give it a 5 stars for business travelers.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christie00617
Dear Christie, first and foremost we truly appreciate your loyalty and continued support. Thank you for your positive feedback commenting on our service reliability and consistency. Please let me know when your next business trip brings you back to Atlanta. I would welcome the opportunity to personally meet and thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Just a one night trip to Downtown Atlanta to celebrate a Birthday. Thought we would try the Ritz Carlton because they have a special package running right now. It includes Valet and Breakfast for 2 the next morning. Once reservation was made the staff started making sure we would enjoy our trip. .how you may ask....
Shay sent us an email stating if there was anything that we needed just let her know. Well Shay didn't disappoint us...plans for round trip transfers to various spots etc. Also a surprise for the Birthday girl was took care of by her. The room decorated awesomely and gifts waiting! Two glasses of Champagne were brought to us in lobby as we waited to check in! Every Employee and I mean EVER employee went out of their way to ask and make sure our stay was going well. This was even the maids and also a Engineer that we met on the elevator. Valet crew was amazing as well. Yes the Ritz cost a bit more....but I can definitely say that this staff has earned future stays from us! Thank you Ritz Carlton Staff for an Amazing Birthday memory!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cer1229
Happy belated Birthday!!! I am so happy to read that we not only met but exceeded your expectations. Shay in our Guest Relations Department truly is one of the best. Thank you.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here the weekend of August 15th for a wedding we were in town for. If your staying here on a weekend look at the different packages the offer because its such a better deal. We booked two nights using a package for $189 each night which gave us a $50 breakfast credit and free valet parking ($35) each day which was a really good deal, a room alone is $169.

It's located in the heart of downtown a couple blocks walk from Centennial Park. From the moment we pulled up to the moment we pulled away the service was phenomenal. Out of all the places we've stayed this may be one of the best. When you check in they offer you Champagne or a refreshing beverage, the staff caters to your every need. You can't walk by a staff member without them saying hello and recognizing you no matter what their doing. The hotel has a nice vibe to it and the bar downstairs has live music and good drinks and food to relax in. The Atlanta Grill is which where you'll get the breakfast credit from is OK. Not the greatest Ritz restaurant but it does the job. The rooms are nice and spacious, bed was very comfortable and bathrooms had plenty of room for what you need. I would defiantly stay at this hotel if were back in Atlanta for anything.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GoBlueFL
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed this week and will return for another two weeks beginning on 8/25/14.

This is an old building, a bit worn but otherwise stately. My arrival was wonderful. Front desk staff were eager to get me in to my room and made me feel welcome. Lobby bar is very pricey. Room service staff were wonderful. Food was fresh and a reasonable portion. Only valet parking available here. Wish there was another option. Housekeeping didn't respond to my requests for additional amenities, so I went down to the front desk for what I needed. My room was very spacious. Maid service was excellent! Bedding was comfortable and clean.

I'll be back next week for another stay here. Stay tuned...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tim, thank you for your recognition and compliments for the ladies and gentlemen. I certainly welcome any additional feedback you might have and look forward to hopefully meet you next week. Safe travels in the meantime!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I have never stayed at a Ritz, so when we were given a free Bed & Breakfast package as a gift, I was very excited. This is a very old property and not as nice as some of the W hotels I've stayed in. The staff was wonderful though. Had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant on site. Both were very pricey, and the breakfast was better than the dinner. Bathroom was very small, bed slept nice, and room was a nice size. Cocktail is the lobby lounge are $16 each. Ouch! Overall good stay, but I probably wouldn't stay here again if I had other options or it wasn't a gift.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Oakham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We decided to leave the mountains a day early so I searched for decent hotels in Atlanta as we were due to fly out on Saturday and it would give us a day to explore another part of Georgia.
What a great price we got AND what a fabulous hotel. We travel a lot and think this is one of the best hotels EVER!!!!! The welcome was personnal, the room fab. The breakfast was outstanding!! On departure we had someone get the car; another bell boy grabbed the luggage, another gave us directions to the airport...everyone was only too pleased to help.
Don't stay anywhere else.

Green Features: I agree with using towels more than once. Totally support anything done to save the environment
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie O
Dear Debbie, thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. We are thrilled that you had such a great experience while staying with us. Best wishes from one of the best hotels ever across "the pond".