“A place to return to.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlottesville, VA
“A place to return to.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

This is my third time at this property and first visit since their remodel from two years ago. I had booked two rooms--a club level room and a suite with Maria Rodriguez from Whatahotel.com--with a request for early checking. An early check-in was honoured as well as expedited. Due to the hotel being sold out this weekend, I was unable to receive a Presidential suite upgrade, as requested by Ms. Rodriguez. However, a bountiful display of fruits, cheeses, crackers, and waters where found in my room at check-in. William, Ms. Paula, Veronica, Micah, and Manuela where exceptional in the club, remembering me from my previous visits. Visiting with Camilla, who previously was at the club lounge but now serves as the hotel concierge, was like catching up with an old friend. Had dinner at The Atlanta one evening. The maitre d', Ama, who upon knowing we were celebrating my mother's birthday, prepared a special table with rose petals and orchids in the Cheater's Booth.
I look forward to returning to this great city of the South, Atlanta, again next year, if not sooner. Without hesitation, I would certainly stay here again with the assistance of Ms. Rodriguez from Whatahotel.com!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

My husband and I spent two nights at the Ritz while attending a convention. The club level room was fine. No real complaints about the room. It was nice but kind of unremarkable. My two minor issues: the shower head gave a pretty lame water stream and the vessel sink in the bathroom is kind of high and awkward in the way it was placed. Also, the club lounge was kind of snall.
Our initial dealings with the hotel were bumpy. I made reservations in January and received a call two days before our arrival indicating that they were, in effect, overbooked because of contruction and that we did not have a room. I was really unhappy with the attitude I got from some management, but eventually managed to get the room I booked.
Overall, we really loved the hotel. All of our expectations were met once we arrived. In addition, the staff on the club level was amazing. I would stay at the hotel again, for that reason alone.

Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Easley, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

Ritz is my ultimate luxury hotel! We usually only stay for a night a two if opportunity allows for concerts in Atlanta.

Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2010

What a wonderful trip! Recently in Atlanta for a getaway week-end for the sole purpose of escaping the daily grind for a little Southern Hospitality and pampering.

Mr. Tod Morrow and the staff at the Ritz Carlton Atlanta were pivotal in making my Atlanta experience memorable!! A very warm greeting at check in and the BEST CONCIERGE in Atlanta --William, Club Concierge( I see Les Clefs d'Or in your future!) set the tone for a great stay.

From breakfast, to hors d'oeuvres, to beverages, and the most delicious cookies in the South, the culinary offerings in the club lounge were par excellence!

The only negative was the inability to watch the movie that I wanted to watch and inability to check out from my room. But the complimentary high speed internet on the club level made up for that glitch.

A big TWO THUMBS UP to the Ritz Carlton Atlanta. Subtle Elegance in the middle of the city! BRAVO!!! I will return!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MarylandNurseExec
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

This is exactly what you expect from a Ritz Carlton- great service all around- everybody in the hotel goes out of their way to help you out no matter what their job is- very nice rooms with nice views and comfortable beds. The location is right in the heart of downtown Atlanta and the bar in the hotel gets a strong crowd everyday.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Bittco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

STAYED HERE BACK IN OCT.09 FOR 6 NIGHTS. ON MY 2ND NIGHT I KILLED A BUG NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS. AFTER LEAVING ATLANTA ABOUT 8 DAYS I START NOTICING BUG BITES IN TRAILS,STARTING FROM MY SHOULDER TO MY FINGER TIP. AFTER SHOWING THE BUGS BITES TO COUPLE OF MY FRIENDS THEY TOLD ME IT COULD BE BED BUGS. I FREAKED OUT AND GOOGLED BED BUGS AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE THE BUG I KILLED ON MY 2ND NIGHT WAS A BED BUG. PLEASE UNDERSTAND IM NOT MAKING THIS UP. I WILL NEVER SLEEP AT ANY HOTELS UNLESS I FLIP N CHECK UNDER THE BEDS.

• Stayed December 2009
2 Thank CY205
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

Love the hotel. Great Staff. We had an excellent room/suite. The beds are wonderful!

Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends