“The Ritz gets the details right and was an excellent wedding weekend stay.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #21 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
New York, NY
“The Ritz gets the details right and was an excellent wedding weekend stay.”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The fitness center at the Ritz had headphones in case you forgot them, room temperature controls, fruits, and waters. Thats just an example of the details they get right. Everyone was very helpful (they filled the bucket of ice for us without asking and even cleaned our room at 8pm). Just a very nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I stayed for 6 nights for a recent trade show. My stay was perfect, there is nothing I can think of that the staff could have improved (and I am picky!). The room was lovely, excellent bed and bedding, good work area, great water pressure in the shower, good amenities, quiet rooms. I was consistently greeted by name by hotel personnel. This Ritz gets all of the details right. Easy access to wireless, a clock that is just a clock, not complicated with 12 functions that are difficult to figure out. Wake up calls are personal, not a recording. Turndown service with a chocolate. Best hotel in Atlanta, and I have stayed at many. I highly recommend the downtown Atlanta Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Downtown Atlanta is not a great spot to stay but I was there for five days on business and the Ritz was very nice

Terrific staff and most importantly very quiet rooms!

The Atlanta Grill was great for dinner

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 23 June 2010

This is the BEST customer service I have seen at a hotel in the past 10 years!!!!

I attended a business meeting June 21-22 at The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta (Downtown) and was blown away by the top notch level of customer service. From the event planner (Mona Austin), valet attendants, front desk attendants, chambermaids .......the list goes on and on........ the service was impeccable. The rooms, meeting rooms, meals, incidentals were beyond expectations.

As I plan future business gatherings in Atlanta, The Ritz-Carlton is my choice.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for business.

Thank you for making our stay in Atlanta GREAT.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Alabama
Reviewed 14 June 2010

My family recently stayed at the Ritz Cartlon Atlanta on a Friday night so that we could visit the GA aquarium. It was a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived. I highly recommend Club level access. Since we paid with Amex we were upgrade to Club level without charge. The aquarium was an easy walk from the hotel. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Allandrover
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I stayed two nights at the Ritz-Carlton over Memorial Day weekend with my parents and boyfriend. We had a great experience! It was our first Ritz experience and it certainly won't be our last. The hotel staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, always greeting us with a "good morning/afternoon/evening" and smile. Valet parking was very prompt. A guest services rep spent about 15 minutes on the phone with my boyfriend, trying to help us navigate through traffic because a parade had shut down access to the hotel.

The room was clean, fresh, and comfortable. We were disturbed by a loud party next door but after calling the front desk, security took care of the matter. We did have to ask both nights for sheets/bedding for the couch mattress but it wasn't that big of a deal. The bathrooms were great and really spacious.

The value was wonderful because we had a package deal that had free valet parking, tickets to the Diana exhibit, and breakfast at the hotel restaurant (which is fantastic, by the way).

I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meplant
South Carolina
Reviewed 17 May 2010

A person may question a rating whose title includes both the words "Ritz" and "Worst;" let me list the reasons why I came to this conclusion.

1. Parking Fee $30/Night + $10 Internet = $40/night of charges that shouldn't even be CONSIDERED at a hotel of this caliber.

2. The staff is superficially, and exhaustingly tip-happy. Every time I turned around, someone practically had their hands out. And don't assume that just because you tip every single person every single time, that your issues will be resolved.

3. The "manager" was called (at my persistent requests), because our reservation requests were not honored. Eight weeks prior, we had reserved a high floor at the end of the hall to avoid the elevator noise, and a king-size bed. We got a room on the 5th floor (out of 30ish) right across from the elevator, with queen beds. Oh, and when we opened our window, all we could see was a brick wall. The staff moved us THREE times, each room revealing a new issue; mildew, queen beds … etc. Finally, the manager, in a rude and condescending manner, told us that they simply did not have any king rooms left, and that we would have to move the following day if we wanted the king bed. I was livid. We did end up moving the following day, and on our 4th try, we got a room on the 20th floor, midway down the hall, with a king bed.

4. The manager NEVER offered to compensate us for all of the moving around, ridiculous room swaps, or the fact that we had to have a queen room for a night.

5. Don’t bother ordering the overpriced room service food either; I paid $30 for a breakfast that wasn’t even prepared properly.

6. They offered a complimentary shoe shine, and after having my shoes picked up from my room, they were returned in the morning looking exactly the same as the night before. The shoes didn’t have even one accidental smudge of shoe polish or even the faintest smell of polish – they were never shined, just wrapped back up and returned.

7. The hotel is deceptively attractive from the lobby, but once you’re inside the rooms, the “Ritz” feeling has left you. The bedding was not high end, and the bed was rather uncomfortable; not to mention the tiny bathroom which was home to several Super 8-style scratchy towels from several years back. The décor is nothing special, and certainly did not have any air of luxury or sophistication.

I overlooked the reviews on this trip, and I certainly regret it. I should have listened to the people who warned in their reviews about the poor service and lack of quality. Don’t make the same mistake!! Book a DIFFERENT hotel!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business