“Last minute choice worth every penny”

Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area
Ranked #94 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Pennsylvania
“Last minute choice worth every penny”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was a last minute choice hotel. I stay in alot of Marriotts and some are good and some are bad but this location lived up to the good name of Marriott. I got it a reasonable price of $87 a night with taxes included it came to $100 PERFECT. Coming from a 10 hour long drive from Pennsylvania to Atlanta during the night, we touched down in Georgia around 10am. Situtated ourselves with the family we were in town to see and decided to head to the hotel to rest. About 1pm we made it to the hotel and received the fastest check in ever with no problems at all. Was given room 1109 (which I may say has a pretty view of Atlanta looking out of the window). Entering the room it was clean, smelled good and the beds were wonderful. Nothing out of place and I wanted to take the bed and pillows home with me:) The staff are amazing. Everytime I walked in and out I was greeted with smiles (which up north we don't get too often) and even on our late night in around 3am, still greeted with smiles. That means alot. My sister utilized the gym and she said it was wonderful. At night while going out we seen the bonfire lit which was pretty near the pool and the elevators are an amazing ride alone. The restaurant downstairs must be popular because every night and morning it was filled with laughter and people. One thing I would recommend would be purchasing the buffet package with your stay. It is $18 alone without it in your package. That was kind of steep but it is a hotel so it really is reasonable but I would say purchase it with your stay which is alot cheaper. Overall, I give this hotel a 5 star. I appreciate everything and the stay. I'm glad I chose this location.

Room Tip: Room 1109 (higher floor) has a nice view of Atlanta. A little distant but you can see the beautiful...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Jim M, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for these fantastic comments. I will make sure I pass on your comments to my team. Hope your travels bring you back to the Marriott Century Center.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
wilmington
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Worst experience ever!!! Party in lobby all night. Unable to sleeep due to all the noise.Security useless! Reservation for 2 queens - did not accomadate. Gave us King room instead for 2adults and 3kids. Horrible experience. Do not stay here!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer B, Director of Operation at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
I'm so sorry your stay with us was negative. We do continually strive to provide excellent service and a great product. I hope you give us another chance in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Spent a night at this hotel last week while in town for business. The staff is wonderful! Everyone went above and beyond...and seemed to like doing it! Examples: there was a glitch with my reservation and the woman who checked me in took care of it, no problem and with pleasure; lunch had already been cleared by the time I arrived and one of the managers allowed me to order from the restaurant menu; I arrived late for breakfast and the staff waited to clear the food, until I had something to eat; finally, the airport shuttle was 40 minutes late and the front desk offered me a more comfortable place to wait, to call me a cab, and water. Very impressive!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thanks for the great comments regarding your recent stay. My team strives to Host Brilliantly. Hope you get a chance to stay with us again in the near future.
Pasay, Philippines
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Went to Atlanta Marriott Century Center. It was nice and had a shuttle to the MARTA station which was convenient for me to get to and from the airport. Rooms are nice and clean. Didn't go to any nearby restaurants though as it was a rainy weekend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Jennifer B, Director of Operations at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting you again...with better weather too!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip for a night. I arrived late and was quickly checked in. The room was neat and clean and the bed was wonderful. I had the quietest of sleeps in any hotel i have stayed in till now. The only draw back: there was no free wifi in the room and you got to purchase it, i did not as i only stayed there for less then 8 hrs. Wifi in the lobby is free.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Faj2010
Jim M, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve.
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here on NYE this past weekend with my family and throughout the stay there were problems after problems. The room was unsanitary and not ready, it was completely messy. I waited for an hour and then went back to my room only to find a dead roach in the bathroom. Disgusting. When i went to check out the following morning I found out that room service was additionally charged to the card holder (me) when I never even ordered room service. They shouldve checekd who the room was booked to, anyone could come in and eat and tell the waiter any room number and get away with it? this is completely wrong!!! we resolved it and i left the hotel. After i left and got back home and checked my credit card statement, i saw an extra $250 was charged for smoking. So now I'm obviously pissed because my stay was terrible and now i had to fight for my money back. they didn't even call me, before they charged my credit card. what kind of hotel is this?! i called the hotel and the the guy at the front desk was rude and hung up on me. can somebody in management email me yrowzani@gmail.com

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Yaseen R
I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. I appreciate your feedback, we'll learn from it.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here for NYE for 3days. Very beautiful hotel. Our room was on the 11th floor with a nice view. Fast check in and friendly staff. Not far from downtown and atlantic station. They have an exterior elevator with lights around and a mini waterfall in the lobby. Elegant-looking. Will stay here in the future.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the great observations during your recent stay. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area? Share your experiences!