“Just okay, food way overpriced”

Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area
Ranked #90 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
sonny1212
“Just okay, food way overpriced”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights for a conference. While it would've been more convenient to eat here because my conference was here, I was unwilling to pay $18 for breakfast.. wifi was free, but not mentioned to us until the end of the conference. Normally there is a $12.95 fee to use it. The rooms were nice, but honestly a Days Inn would've been just as nice. I wasn't overly impressed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your observations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel is staff friendly and very attractive lobby. The pool area is outstanding and looks like a beach resort.Great work out area with updated equipment
The rooms are noisy from room to room The hallway and rooms near our room appeared to have more occupants than allotted
Parking was free which was a plus for an high end Atlanta area hotel

Room Tip: Request non connecting room as doors between rooms allow alot of noise to travel from room to room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great. My family and I visited the Atlanta area for a quick getaway, and wanted a hotel that was reasonably priced, but not a dump. Upon approaching the hotel, we were very impressed by the front entrance. Clean, neat and very inviting. The front desk is conveniently located as soon as you enter the lobby. The lobby is beautifully situated with couches and oversized chairs where you can watch television or order food from the hotel restaurant.
The pool area, although outdoor, is private, and has a nice sitting area, with an outdoor kitchen.
The room, although small, was just fine, since we did not spend all of our time in the room.
I must mention that the hotel is located right off of I-85, and can be seen from your hotel room, if you are on that side of the building. But, it is soundproofed really well because we did not hear the highway from our room.
The restaurant food was good. It is pricey compared to the McDonalds and Waffle House that is around the corner, but you get what you pay for.
Since this hotel is not in the downtown area, do not stay here unless you have a car. If you have a car, it is convenient to many area attractions.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I would definitely consider staying here again when I return to Atlanta.
I have one suggestion for the management of the property, you should perhaps a consider a poolside manager's reception, when weather permits. It would be a shame to see that beautiful pool area go to waste.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Dallasmom316
Jim M, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for the great observations. I apprecaite the suggestion regarding the pool area. Hope to see you again in the near future at Atlanta Marriott Century Center.
Dallas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Held a meeting for 40+ team members recently. This hotel is a great place to meet and stay. the folks here are very well trained from front desk to the audio visual team. Rooms are larger than most Marriott hotels, clean and well appointed. Food was great, Darryl at the bar was awesome and remembered my name after our first meeting. This is my new favorite hotel in the Atlanta area. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a great meeting place with a great staff and rooms. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your postive observations regarding your recent stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. I Hope we get a chane in the near future to host you again.
Kershaw, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I visited Atlanta for our 20th anniversary and choose to stay here. It was a truly wonderful visit. When we arrived we mentioned it was our anniversary and Eric at the front desk took great care of us and upgraded our room and sent a little gift to the room from the hotel. Everything was very nicely decorated and the hotel was maintained to high standards. All the amenities were very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chad D
Thank you for taking time to recognize Eric. I am really gald you enjoyed your stay. Happy Anniversary.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel, and loved every minute of it. We traveled from Pittsburgh for a relative's wedding, in which the reception was held in a banquet facility right in the hotel. Very convenient. Got great rates for the rooms through the wedding arrangements. The rooms were very clean, the beds were extremely comfortable. We had no complaints. The atrium was spacious & beautiful, and gave us all a place to congregate since there were over 20 of us out-of-towners in several different rooms. We had nightly cocktails at the on-site Stackhouse Grill/Lounge. The bartender Rahel was wonderful, and she made us feel very, very welcome. We made a couple trips to Buckhead & Decatur for lunch and shopping, which both were quite easy to get to from the hotel. Easy access on/off of I-85. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your observations on what a great hotel.
GO STEELERS
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014

From the moment we walked in, we had nothing but an excellent experience at this hotel. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful and quickly checked us in well before it was time...which was nice because I thought our stuff was going to have to stay locked up in our car all day while we went to do things. Breakfast both mornings was delicious...I highly recommend adding it to your package...fresh made to order omelets and waffles or blueberry pancakes and a whole assortment of fresh delicious fruits....YUM :) The room was clean, the beds were cozy, the shower was hot...and my son loved the pool. I loved the overall design of the place...just very nice, inside and out. We visited both downtown Atlanta and Stone Mtn this trip and were very pleased with the location as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Laine629
Thank you for the great comments regarding the hotel. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area? Share your experiences!