Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area
GreenLeadersGold level
Georgia
“Superb!”
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I stayed in this hotel recently for three nights Thurs.-Sun. at an AAA rate of $69 per night. What a deal! The renovations of the lobby area give the hotel a new hip look with large flat screen televisions and a waterfall type display that screens the elevators. I had dinner in the hotel one evening and had two breakfasts in the room. The food was exactly as described. It was served at the right temperature and delivered as promised. No complaints. I left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and each time I asked for something (a blanket once and food several times) the hotel desk would call and say that a staff member was outside the door. They never knocked on my door when I had the sign posted. The staff here are friendly and asked me upon arrival if I needed directions, etc. They greeted me upon arrival and as I departed. There were very few people in the hotel when I was there. It is very easy to get to Buckhead withoiut ever having to get on the interstate simply by driving down Clairmont until it ends on Peachtree Street. I do not live in Atlanta, but I know Atlanta well and I find this hotel a true jewel in the city. Most places located just a short disatnce away cost more and charge for parking. This property which caters to weekday business travelers is usually a quiet haven on the weekends. I highly recommend it for anyone traveling with a car. If I were here without a car I think I woudl likely choose another location despite the bargain deals that can be had here.. It is inside what basically is an office park so there are no regular line-up of cabs at the door. You are at the mercy of the hotel to get to the closest MARTA station. Atlanta's public transportation system doesn't always go where you want to go so it can be a difficult city to maneuver by public transportation unless your needs fall within parameters. All in all, I have had multiple good stays at this property and I am happy to say that they really seem to be getting all the details right these days. In my time visiting this property I have seen improvements.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank BeingGreen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Proctorville, Ohio
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We travel to ATL a few times during football season and decided to try out the Marriott at Century Center this time due to it location and ease to the MARTA, the FREE parking and because it is a Marriott of course! We were very pleased with how easily we found it, was able to get back and forth to Buckhead and downtown and the staff throughout the hotel!! Don't get me wrong but I was less than thrilled with our stay but they are very minute reasons :)
We are Marriott platinum members but much of our points come from business traveling so we use our points for extra perks throughout the year! I was somewhat let down with the fact that there was no indoor pool (which for some reason I neglected to notice prior to?), our room was not cleaned completely on our 2nd day and we bought out of date drinks & snacks from the pantry. The snacks were outdated by nearly two months and the Soda by a little over a month. The front desk was more than helpful and gave us no problems with letting us exchange our items for different things.
When I say our room was not cleaned I don't mean walls washed, carpets cleaned I mean just a general clean. The shower was not touched and all that was done to the bed was the sleeping pillows set up and the sheet & cover pulled 3/4 up. Our decorative pillows that we placed in our side chair were still sitting there. There were 2 of us in our room, my husband and I and on our first night we were left with 2 wash cloths and 2 towels. I walked down and the staff was more than helpful to bring us 2 additional towels. The next day I gave no thought to only 2 more towels but yet again that is all we were left with. Also another thing that alarmed me was the fact that on our check out day at two different times house keeping knocked on our door to see if we had yet checked out? Check out was at noon and the first knock came at 10:15ish and the next at 10:55.
I don't think we will going back anytime soon to the Century Center. The staff was very friendly and conscious of guests needs but the entire episode of events somewhat turned me off to the hotel :(

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Nashville
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and was very happy with my stay. It's just undergone a makeover so there are still places that are not finished, but they are really making a nice transformation into a sleek yet comfortable new hotel. The pool area looked cute, with a poolside bar and it seemed to be a happening place on the weekend - there was even live music! The fitness room looked nice as well. We really were just there to sleep, though, and our room was very nice and it included a mini fridge.

The downside is the location - it's not really close to anything so you wouldn't want to stay here if you didn't have a car but I heard they had a shuttle to the closest Marta station. BUT it is right off the highway so it's a convenient spot if you are planning on visiting different places around Atlanta and it only took us about 10 minutes to get to downtown Atlanta, even in traffic (but we used the HOV lane). Also, parking is free and plentiful! The area felt safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank BethSpark
Pocono Mtn's
Reviewed 30 March 2009

I've stayed at Century Center a few times and each time I return because of the staff and cleanliness of the rooms. Great attention to detail. Great location as it is close to most anything in Atlanta. Great food. Restaurant and bar are being renovated and once it is done it is the best deal in Atlanta.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank conorman
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 February 2009

We stayed here because it offered the best deal for the King Tut exhibit in Atlanta (combining it with the First Emporer exhibit tickets for the price most hotels were charging for the King Tut Tickets alone). It's a relatively nice but plain hotel on the outskirts of Atlanta, you need to drive to get everywhere but it's close to the highway (without any highway noise) and friendly and clean. They have a breakfast buffet ($15 for hot buffet for adults, $10 for cold) but we would not have gone unless it was included in our package (it was fine)--dinner was deserted even though there were a lot of business clients there--we went out to dinner at Marriaciano's Little Italy (?sp) at the Perimeter Mall and that was very nice. Overall very comfortable rooms (nice photographs on the wall) but I really noticed the lack of fans in the bathrooms, probably because others have mentioned it (or because the bathroom got so steamy during showers). Pool was unusable because it was outdoors, cafe was OK but had nothing we wanted. Had a nice atrium and staff and comfortable rooms but was not memorable--I would stay there again if the price was right again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Madison
Reviewed 9 August 2008

Here for a week, on business. Very beautiful inside, outside looks old.

Pool is nice, great for sunning.

The longer I stayed here, the more I got annoyed with the place.

The first night, I was awakened by very loud yelling, lauging, etc at about 4am. These people were put into the room right next to me, and continued their yelling. I called the desk, in amazement that in such a larger vacant hotel (Sunday Night), they had to put them next to me. Front desk said they would take care of it. At about 4:30 am, they were still going, I called, and said, either they had to be moved, or they were going to move me. They then fixed the problem somehow, and it was quiet.

When I needed to print my PDF plane ticket out, they charge a 6.00 fee to use their computer for 20 minutes. This is a first for me.

Housekeeping kept forgetting to replace the breakfast door hanger, so had to keep calling down for more.

The air conditioning is noisey.

The rooms are interconnected, so when you have a neighbor, their noise comes through the doorways.

Later in the day, I have noticed the hot water is gone, or nearly gone.

Room service is very good, but very expensive. Hotel is very expensive as well.

Room cleaning was excellent. People were alway very courteous, with Southern Charm.

Their Digital TV is terrible. It always pixelates, or simply will not load channels. Slow to repond, etc.

There is a fee for internet, so I used my broadband card.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank ClickTheGeek
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed 10 June 2008

Hotel in middle of office park, driving necessary for any restaurant off the property. Nice hotel though. Because you really have no choice other than stay on property if you don't have a car, I think that the restaurants are overpriced. I.E. $14.95 for a standard breakfast buffet, very expensive hotel bar, etc. Property itself was immaculate, and very spacious grounds to be in such an urban setting. Hotel a bit difficult to get to because of access roads, even though it located directly on the intestate. I would stay here again and would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area? Share your experiences!