“atlanta” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Seattle, Washington
“atlanta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

good location, next to mall,
friendly and professional front desk staff,
food and beverage personnel were excellent,
rooms are comfortable and quite environment,
would come back and recommend highly,
good value

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nyla M, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear JMarquez1940,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel . We really appreciate your comments and are glad you had a great stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Nyla M.
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was supposed to stay at this property for 4 nights and 5 days last week and I had my new company change my hotel after one night at this property. The parking lot seemed abandoned, and unsafe and perhaps that should have been my first sign, the second sign would have been visible bellman carts but no one available to help or offer to help with my bags. The third and most disconcerting sign would have definitely been the smell in the hallway on the way to my room. The fourth sign would be the stained carpet near the bed in my room as well as the overall odd and unclean smell in the room. I am not kidding or exaggerating when I say the odor smelled like urine. I had my room changed. The front desk supervisor worked on this for 30+ minutes although he promised 5. The better room was on a lower floor and the hallway smelled. The only improvement was no stains/marks on the carpet and the houseman left extra towels on the bed as well as some extra toiletry items, he remarked to me that this is discouraged but something he likes to do to help with unhappy guests. He also shared with me (after I remarked on the bad odors in the hallways and guestrooms) that he carries a can of industrial air freshener with him to spray- in efforts to mask the bad smells that linger throughout the hotel. If I had to describe the hallway smell it would be mildew or a wet carpet smell. In regards to people that have reviewed this hotel recently and didn't notice it....I would be concerned about eating or using the restroom at their home. Also before I checked out I went down to the lobby bar while waiting on the room change and the bartender treated myself and my guest as if we were doing her a favor she kept her arms folded and didn't even greet us, I had to ask for a wine list. I was moved the next day to the Renaissance Waverly and it was like a whole new world. On the positive there were two front desk supervisors at the Sheraton who were kind and apologetic but really it's out of their hands when it comes to discerning guests like me, I believe the complaints will continue until well after the renovations are complete and I was told they are slated to begin in November.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nyla M, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Kin J S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback.
We are disappointed and sorry that your overall experience wasn't what you expected. The hotel is under new ownership and as you know will be undergoing extensive renovations later this year.
We would love to have you back sometime in the near future - we are sure you are going to like the changes we are making. Safe travels in the meantime.
Kind regards,
Nyla M
Front Office Manager
Brecksville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed at the property on a Thursday night for a Friday meeting and other half joined me for the weekend. The rooms were surprisingly large and the bed was very comfy. I also had dinner the first night by myself and the service was good. We particularly enjoyed that we could get to the perimeter area in about 15 minutes as well as Buckhead. We did have to truck it to anytime fitness because the gym was a little tight. But otherwise- a great deal and excellent service.

• Stayed June 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel when traveling for business. It was not be best property I have ever stayed at but it could be great for some. The rooms are large and can accommodate multiple guests. If I was traveling with friends, this property would be a great option. They also have a wonderful breakfast selection (free for SPG Platinum).

Cons: Gym was very small and some machines were broken. The toilet tank kept refilling every 30 minutes which could be bothersome to some.

This hotel barely squeaks by as getting 3/5

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here for one night while doing an across-states move. It is a bit outside the city proper but in a nice area with a lot of shopping/restaurants around. Really appreciated the low pet fee as we had a dog with us and most other Atlanta hotels were charging a minimum of $100 pet fee while this one only charged $25-35. The room was very spacious, very comfy, had 2 large flat screen TVs. Granite countertops. You can tell this hotel is old, which is why the rooms feel as though they need a renovation, but it really is just fine, and most of all - CLEAN. I really liked this hotel & would stay there again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Great lobby, but the "great" about this hotel ends there. The rooms are dingy, poorly ventilated, and deeply in need of rennovation/upgrading. Anyone with allergies/asthma won't be able to stay here (a distressing trend with the "Sheraton" brand ). The staff was great though - when I asked them to help me find another nearby SPG hotel that was newer/recently renovated, Jule & Ian at the front desk were outstanding.

• Stayed August 2013
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

There's not much controversial one way or another to say about the Sheraton Suites in Atlanta - it was convenient for my work trip, the rooms were clean and comfortable, it was nicely located next to the mall for food and shopping (all can be accessed by foot, a nice bonus). The staff was friendly and professional (and definitely gave me a warm welcome as SPG Gold), the wifi worked well, the morning buffet was more than adequate. Basically, it's got all the standards you'd expect from a Sheraton done at the level you'd expect.

The only drawback is the physical facilities are just a tad dated. The bathrooms could use upgrades, the HVAC system was a bit old, and some of the common spaces just look a bit mid-1990s.

I will definitely return because it's a nice, clean hotel, I get my Starwood points and it's conveniently located for my work purposes, but with some physical upgrades it could be more than adequate which is what it is now.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!