“Still a great place in NW Atlanta ( Marietta)”

Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Ranked #63 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Florida
“Still a great place in NW Atlanta ( Marietta)”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I've stayed here on and off for the past 15 years. Well situated next to the Cobb Galleria easy to get in and out of. Very quiet guest rooms, always a good nights sleep. They are refurbishing the guest rooms so there was a little construction noise before 4 pm. There was a letter on the desk which said expected completion date was 3/14.

Room Tip: Stick to even numbers on floor 12 and higher
1 Thank ScottB253

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Minneapolis
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is a very pleasant hotel. Staff is very attentive with great customer service. Accross the street from Cobb Convention Center and shopping mall with restaurants and a Costco. Large two room suites with two TV's
Great place to stay!

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My worst nightmare began at check-in which took place at 5:30 AM on 12/29/13 after driving 18 hours. The desk clerk asked me when I was checking out and I asked her "doesn't it say on my reservation?" and her response was "it doesn't show because you didn't check-in when you were suppose to". Then she proceeded to argue with me that I must pay the pet fee in cash and that there was an ATM around the corner. After she finally made a phone call, she said that I could use my credit card for the pet fee. It was a little after 6 AM when we fell asleep for less than 4 hours and I went to our SUV to get my jacket and found that it had been broken into and all the Christmas gifts for our 6 grandchildren were stolen!!!! After the police had gone we went back to our room to find we had a message for us, it was the front desk telling us that our credit card did not go through that morning and to come down to pay for the incidentials. When I asked what incidentials, she said for PARKING. and YES, I was a little more than upset! Three of my grandchildren stayed with us during our visit that we spent more time going through insurance companies to get the window fixed once we found a place (the hotel didn't help one little bit to find a glass replacement shop). Then I had to spend my time making the list of stolen items for the police report. Needless to say, we had little time for our grandkids. When we went to order a movie in our room, we got a message on the screen that we "weren't checked-in" so we could not order the movie. I called the front desk about this and they put me on hold....my husband walked to the front desk and took care of this problem in-person and I was still on hold when he returned to the room!!!!! Then my husband went to take a shower only to find out that a pipe had burst and there was no water!!!!! I took them almost 3 weeks just to tell me they were not responsible for the theft and no one did anything to try to put us at ease, even a little bit!! Worst customer service I've ever experienced!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Kelly A
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed several nights on business. Hotel is in a good location and the lobby/bar/restaurant area are very nice and the staff is extremely friendly. Had breakfast most mornings and it is a buffet style breakfast with lots of options. The room was well lit and clean large bathroom area. Have no complaints. Shuttle was available for local areas which is handy. Overall good stay with no issues or complaints.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ecu_jmw
Georgia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here Jan. 6th and 7th for a short business trip. I really have no complaints as everything was very well taken care of. The room was nice for a short business trip. No free internet is a negative. Good location. The best thing about this hotel: the employees. Very friendly and attentive. Overall a good stay and would return.

Phoenix, Maryland
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I loved staying at this hotel. it's very nice and very clean.The staff are very helpful and courteous. The rooms are spacious, the kids loved the indoor swimming pool. The fitness center is also very nice. The prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beatrice D
PopeCATL, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Hunt p,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are so glad we were able to meet your expectations. The indoor pool and fitness center is a popular amenity at our facility and we are thrilled to hear the kids had fun. See you again soon!
King Regards,
Chris Pope
Director of Operations
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is not the first time I have stayed here and like the last time I am overall pleased. The suites are really big and the beds comfortable. I checked in with the front desk manager who was extremely pleasant. I was given a $15 bar/restaurant credit as my Gold amenity. I went down later and ordered a hamburger and 2 beers. The restaurant staff were excellent and the burger was delicious. However, the bill was $37! Thank goodness for the $15 credit. Way too expensive!

The hotel backs up to a great mall and to Costco. You can easily walk there in 5 minutes. Next time I will eat at the mall.

Really, other that the very expensive restaurant, I really like this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear tammynnc,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We do appreciate your loyalty to Starwood as a Gold Member. Our spacious suites are very accommodating to our guests and our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are very comfortable. Your kind words about our staff are much appreciated and we hope to see you back soon.
King Regards,
Chris Pope
Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!