“Terrible Construction Noise!”

Ranked #60 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Terrible Construction Noise!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was meeting co-workers from out of town to do some work during the day in their room. It was very difficult because of the noise from rooms on the other floors being renovated. No one told my co-workers that there would be this type of situation when they made their reservation. There was a piece of paper on their bed about it that night. We tried to see about a conference room, but it was taken. Should have made more of a fuss, but needed to work and didn't have the time.

Room Tip: I would ask up front if there is going to be any construction or renovations taking place during sta...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
chrispW9130YF, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take pride in delivering the best customer service and it is our regret that we failed to do so during your stay. We want all of our guests to have a pleasant and professional experience when here. We understand that with renovations it can get noisy but we try to do our very best to keep noise level as low as possible during the assigned working hours. If the opportunity comes we hope you could give us a second chance to better serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Paris
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I was given a newly refurbished suite on the 16th floor : large, clean, very comfortable bed. Service was fine for the standard and breakfast OK. Location is horrible - basically an old 1980s mall area... But i assume one only goes there for business. Overall, it delivers what you expect for this type of business hotel. Ask for a refurbished room on the higher floors.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel from March 13-March 15, 2014. The hotel is currently undergoing a much needed renovation. The furniture in the room had stains on it, was dated, and the bathroom is in dire need of updating. The elevator had broken tiles on the floor and the hallways seemed a bit unclean. The restaurant is mediocre with a very limited selection of entrees. If you stay here you are better off going to the Galleria Mall across the street or the Cumberland Mall right next door for your meals. The upside is that it is easy to get onto the interstate and then to Atlanta. Overall, I would try to stay at the other hotels in the area. This is written, of course, before the renovation.

Room Tip: Get a newly renovated room if it is available. Hotel otherwise is very dated.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was here for a night on a business trip, and not really picky. It met the basics -- the rooms were clean, large enough, had TV and internet, the bar area had space and a bartender.

But failed at any of the smaller touches I expect -- the front desk staff doubles as the concierge, and frankly didn't know ANYTHING useful. Questions they failed to be able to answer: "Where should I go to dinner, if I don't want to drive more than a few minutes, and would like XYZ?" Just said "Well, there's a restaurant in the hotel, and a PF Chang's down the block...". "There looks like there's a big open park space on the map right by us; what is it, and can I go for a walk there?" They said "I have no idea; interesting".

They also have a "business center" but getting any paper to print out a few slides was a pain in the neck (the printer was out), and it's in the middle of the bar.

For future readers:
An answer to the first question: South City Kitchen; it was great.
Answer to the second question: chattahoochee river national recreation area; beautiful, amazing, great walking / jogging / hiking, and famous.

There is parking; it's complimentary with some but not all reservations types.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here! It was for a conference at the Cobb galleria next door. The shuttle service was very convenient and the sky bridge was a ten minute walk and also pretty convenient. The staff was very nice and attentive. I had a little difficulty with my room key and door, but the front desk took care of it quickly. The only negative was no continental breakfast. The bed was amazingly comfortable! I slept wonderful! I felt safe during my stay and didn't worry about my car in the garage. I will definitely be back for a stay here!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
West Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 March 2014

All we can say is thank you for a job well done! Everyone here did a beautiful job handling mom's 74th birthday weekend celebration. Our room was just the right size for us. the fitness center was awesome. The breakfast buffet is delicious and the servers were very attentive. Everyone that works here speaks to you, even the construction workers that are renovating the upper floors! The hotel is almost in the parking lot of the Cumberland Mall so shopping is extremely close. Great food is too, as there is a Ted's Montana Grill and a Cheesecake Factory there in the mall.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Welkom, Freestate
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I travel from South Africa every year to attend a Knife Exhibition at Cobb Galleria. For the past 4 years we have stayed at the Sheraton Suites Galleria...ultimate convenience for the Galleria. There is a sky-walk to the Galleria and the hotel also runs a free shuttle service. We don't drive whilst in USA (haven't mastered driving on the wrong side of the road!) so being able to walk across the car-park to the Cumberland Mall, where a multitude of eating places can be found to please any taste, is an added bonus!
Large two room suites with two TV's, very comfortable beds and extremely helpful and friendly staff are the main reasons we keep returning to this venue. Our reservations are already confirmed for June 2014. Oh, and if you opt for the 'Green' option and forego housekeeping services, (you can still get clean towels daily) then you can chose between extra points on your loyalty card or get meal vouchers to use in the hotel. Our home away from home!

Room Tip: I like to request a room on one of the higher floors, simply for the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!