“Quick in and out!”

Ranked #61 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Albion
“Quick in and out!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here with my wife and 3 kids on our way to Disney. We booked on a 3rd party site that usually books whatever room is available in this case a king bed room was booked for us. I told the desk staff we required 2 beds and he upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge. Parking in their garage was $8. Went to get the family drive thru for dinner and there was nothing real convienient. Very nice hotel. Would stay at again. Clean.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Joe S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Traveling from Florida, we stopped at the Sheraton Suites near the Galleria Mall. King room was very comfortable, very clean. There is a charge for internet and water in the room. We were on the 15th floor. Found it very quiet. Our friend stayed a few doors down and had noise from the adjacent room, she could hear water running.Overall a good stay for us. Walked to the Mall, had dinner and drinks. Oversize parking available for our trailer. Tower parking for cars. Stay were helpful. Bar and dining available as well as buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from highway and away from elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen W
chrispW9130YF, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Karen W,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. Our location right off the highway and next to the mall is certainly a great spot to enjoy a relaxing evening between your travel destinations. We are glad to hear our oversized lot was helpful and safe place to store your trailer during your stay and you took advantage of all the amenities we had to offer. We look forward to your next stay.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was in ATL for a conference across the street from the Sheraton so I stayed here for a week. They were doing some construction/renovations but it didn't bother me because I wasn't around during the day. They put me in one of the newly renovated suites, and it was very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear AnhLe2012,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled you enjoyed our newly upgraded suite. We have had some great feedback from several of our guests regarding the quality and size of our suites. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a conference a few months back and I was impressed. I never stayed at a Sheraton before so I was a little uneasy as to what to expect. Low and behold, it was great.

First stay (March 2013) a girlfriend of mine and I stayed here for a conference. The conference set up was nice, our room was nice and cozy and we got an upgraded suite. We enjoyed it. The gym was really nice as well. Had everything I needed especially since I wasn't staying in an area I was familiar with.

Second stay (May 2013). Decided to use my points and stay here for one night with hubby. The room was AMAZING! This room was upgraded just like my previous room BUT it was a one bedroom KING suite. Hubby and I was tired from looking at places all day so it was nice to come to a gorgeous room. Everything was upgraded and the bed was so comfy, hubby got the details on everything for the bed because we slept so good. Stinks it was only for one night because we surely could have stayed longer!

I am a picky person especially when it comes to my accommodations and I enjoyed staying here. I've never stayed at any other Sheraton but if they are all like this, then you have nothing to lose! Cumberland Mall is right behind the hotel SO if you like to shop then....go for it!

Parking $8 a day!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded suite. I think because the entire hotel is getting renovated it's driving th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear iamebbyK,
Thank you so much for your comments and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and exceeded your expectations. We are very excited about our newly renovated suites and even more excited to provide our guests with a comfy and spacious suite. Also, we are glad to hear you were able to experience our new Fitness Center with all new equipment and upgraded features within the facility. We look forward to your return visit to Atlanta.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The remodeled rooms are amazing! The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The little sitting area is great and the fridge and microwave are a nice touch. The decor in the room is homey and comfortable. Location is great, right by Cumberland mall, galleria, a movie theatre, and resteraunts. The only downside is you have to pay for wifi. What's up with that?

• Stayed April 2014
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is my first really poor review I have had to write. I hate doing it, but I'm just going to tell it like it is. We checked in during the late evening, we had 2 rooms. Check-in was quick, the front desk people were friendly. We got up to our room, and I was nothing short of disappointed. It is old and dingy -- paint was cracked, tiles were loose, the closet door wouldn't open all the way. I will note that the room size was nice. However, when a person does not want to sit on any of the furniture because it is old and dirty looking...it makes it wasted space. The bed was uncomfortable. I will mention I was traveling with 2 small dogs. We were taking them out around midnight, and there were at least 15+ police officers in the parking lot. I'm not completely sure what was going on, but we high-tailed it right back up to our room. The parking lot is off to the side, and wasn't the easiest to access. There is one (slow) elevator that will take you up the levels of their parking garage. Their front circle lot was too small, and there were always "traffic jams" to get through that area so you could load/unload your car. Had it not been a one night stop-over, I'm sure we would have changed hotels. So, in review, the only plus here was the friendly staff. Other than that, I'm sure you can figure out what I thought of this hotel and figure that I would never plan on staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jen E
chrispW9130YF, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Jen E,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback is appreciated. We do apologize about the issues you encountered in your suite. We are currently in the process of updating all of our guest suites and these areas are being addressed with the renovation. The safety of our guests is our top priority and we do apologize that you encountered that incident. It was handled and resolved quickly. We also have noted and will share your comments regarding the parking garage, front drive and the parking garage elevator with our team. Thank you again for your feedback and hope you can enjoy our new suites and amenities in the near future.
King Regards,
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel because an event I was attending was at the convention center across the street. While getting to the convention center isn't as straightforward as walking across the street (multi-lane highway, no crosswalk) there is a walkway behind the property that gets you there and is a 5-10 minute walk depending on your pace. The hotel, is as others have noted near a mall so there are some dining options within a walkable distance; PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano's and a steak place are some of the options. Taking the elevator back down to the hotel from this walkway at night in the dark as a single female seems a little sketchy, especially as I didn't see a security camera.

I was aware when I booked my room there were renovations happening (it was listed on their website), but I do wish I had requested a room two floors away from the renovation because directly above my room was one they were working on (think 3hrs of listening to a belt sander). Judging from the shape of my room it is one of those whose renovations was yet to come. Putting aside the usual wear and tear on hotel furniture sees my curtains had rips, there was a dark smudge on my duvet, a torn desk lampshade, and what looks to be a cigarette burn on the couch. Also when I finally made it to shower on my first night my room didn't have any washcloths. While these things together left me unimpressed the biggest signal of mediocrity was the bathroom area. There is a single barely bright light in the toilet/shower room that inadequately illuminates the shower (ladies forget shaving those legs) unless you have all the other lights in the room on or curtains open during the day. I advise against leaving the curtains open in room 321 because the road to the parking garage is to your right (pedestrian traffic too) and the roof is accessible from the parking road for those who would be inclined to do a little climbing.

I will say my room was clean and the staff I interacted with were friendly. So if you need to be close to the convention center, aren't a stickler for the new or well lit, this place is will do just fine.

Unrelated to this hotel but hopefully helpful the cab (not uber) I took to get here was about $48 without the tip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
chrispW9130YF, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
We would like to thank you for choosing our property and for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We apologize for the bad experience. All of your comments are noted and will be shared with our entire team, as it will certainly serve as a positive training tool moving forward. As you already know we are going through renovations and hope to improve our room accommodations. We hope for your understanding and despite this experience you could reconsider staying with us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!