“Great Deals To Be Had”

Ranked #60 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Shelbyville, Tn
“Great Deals To Be Had”
Reviewed 22 June 2007

I stayed at this hotel because the one across the street had ended the group rate for my group and the sheraton still offered it. You cannot beat a suite for under 100 bucks. Very nice and quiet. Second time I stayed here. Only draw back is having to drive to convention center across the street . I plan on bringing my dog next time since they are pet friendly.

• Liked — Easy access
  • Disliked — Congested
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
birmingham
Reviewed 25 May 2007

My husband and I were traveling with our sons (8 yrs & 10 yrs). I must admit we expected a bit more from a Starwood hotel. But with the price it was a good value.

Here's the good:
Can't beat the location. Everything is within 10 mins (mall, restaurants)

The kids LOVED the large flat screens (they'd hooked up their X-Box and were totally thrilled from that point).

Quick check in and out

Here's the bad:

The suites are rather small and congested. There are Pocket-door dividers b/twn the bthrm,bdrm and lvngrm. So no real privacy. Odd mirro placement as well. So if you're changing in the bedroom someone in the lvngrm could look in the mirror and see you.

Most suites offer something for breakfast usually for free---not here breakfast (hot ceral and fruit) will run you 14 bucks!

So all in all, it was awight :). A better quality if not traveling with kids because of the limited space.

• Liked — 32 in HDTV
  • Disliked — Small suites, spiders in bed
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank drlistener
Chicago Suburbs
Reviewed 16 May 2007

I was so thrilled with this hotel! We stayed for two nights upon returning from our Disney vacation so that we could make a stop to see the baby panda at the Atlanta Zoo. I had hoped for a clean hotel with a nice pool for the kids (6 & 9yrs) and a bit of privacy for mom & dad, and I was NOT disappointed.

The hotel is located SECONDS off of I-75 which is a travelers dream! Also, the main road has tons of shopping and restaurants and the hotel exits to the Mall (no driving required).

We stayed in a king suite which completely closed off from the living area with doors, both on the bathroom & the living room (so kids could still potty). The kids slept on a pull out couch which was amazingly comfortable. The king bed was also extremely comfy with many, nice thick fluffy pillows ( I need to find where they purchase these!) The down comforter was also a nice luxury. Both the living area and the bedroom had a huge, flat screen tv so we had no fights over what to watch (Dad got his history channel, kids got their Nick).

The bathroom was set up really well with the vanity/sink area separate from the toilet/shower, and the shower had great water pressure! They were a bit skimpy on the towels (only 3 full size towels each night - we had to ask for more) but they were prompt in their delivery of requested items.

I was thrilled to find TWO regular coffee's and one decaf packet wtih the in room coffee pot. We did try their coffee/juice service our first morning but it was ridiculously expensive - 1/2 caraffe of coffee (listed as a "small coffee") and orange juice ran us $14 before tip after delivery etc. was added! Yikes! You better believe we drank every drop!

The pools were nice and my daughter loved swimming under the window from the indoor pool to the outdoor pool. The indoor pool was very small compared to the outdoor pool, however, and both were FREEZING cold! Brrrr! I couldn't even stay in no matter how much my daughter begged, and ended up in the hot tub instead. The air temp in the indoor pool was noticiably cold upon entering the pool area as well. I would have liked it warmer since the pool was so cold.

The hotel staff was very helpful, friendly, and knowlegeable of the area. Overall, our stay was tops and we will definitely stay as a family again. You can't beat the luxury for $109/night!

• Liked — The great price for luxury accomodations!
  • Disliked — The COLD pools.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank mommyof2gals
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 May 2007

Not what I expected for a Sheraton. Overall not bad but not up to par for Starwood properties. The rooms seemed old.

Pretty easy check-in so no problems. I got a great rate for a Sunday night of $89. Parking was free.

Living Room:
The couch was old and not very comfortable. The cushions were old so you fell into the couch. The room was very big and they are right when they say suite. It also had with wet bar.

Bed:
As always it was a great Sheraton bed. Very comfortable with ample pillows.

Bathroom:
Not bad. My light was buzzing but it wasnt a huge deal. Water pressure was good and it had hot water fast.

TV:
They did have 2 nice flat screen TV's but there was no HD programing so it was not really a plus to have them.

Internet:
Wireless but it cost $15 I think.

Overall it was just very blah. Nothing to write home about and nothing to write a letter to head of Starwood to complain. I might stay there again if they had that great rate just to get the Starwood points.

• Liked — free parking
  • Disliked — couch in my room
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank morganrep
Atlanta
Reviewed 19 February 2007

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. This hotel has gone through a recent renovation. Nice flat-lcd tvs in the suites BUT the management forgot to take care of some very basic infrastructure updates. The internet connection (provided by Wayport - $9.95/Day) does not work half the time. Management admits that this is a well-reported problem but has not announced any plan to fix it. Water, at time has a very bad septic smell. It does go away after a while.. but why not avoid it the first place ? Breakfast buffet is a good idea that need a better execution -- Keep the food (breads) fresh!!

Overall, I don't want to fault the operational staff who tries hard to keep the things moving. This hotel could be a decent hotel if the management really takes care of these important problems.

Until that happens, AVOID !

• Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank x1o23
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2007

This is the second time I've stayed in this hotel. I booked on the [--] website and got a rate of $125/night. My rate plan included $50 cash back at check in, 1000 bonus SPG points, and complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Because I was an SPG gold member I received a room on the SPG floor and complimentary buffet breakfast.

Note that this hotel does not have a "real" club floor. If you book a club room you will stay on the SPG floor and get the free breakfast but there is no club lounge.

The suites are huge and include 2 42" LCD tvs. All suites have a pullout couch, a bar fridge and a microwave. They also have a living room, separate bedroom, bathroom (with sink and toilet) and dressing room (with sink). Parking is free and abundant.

The hotel is located at the intersection of two freeways so is easy to access. Buckhead, airport, Perimeter Center and downtown are all a drive away but generally the traffic in Atlanta is not too bad, especially on the weekends. It's worth the bit of extra driving for all the hotel has to offer.

• Liked — The space.
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank Afua
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 17 January 2007

I stayed here in December for a cheerleading competition my daughter was in. The hotel was very nice and clean. It was right next door to the convention center where the competition was. It is also next door to a mall and a whole host of new restaurants - PF Chang's, Cheesecake Factory and others. Everything is within easy walking distance. This was a very nice hotel and I would absolutely not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed December 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!