“Horrible! Needs to be shut down!!!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown
Ranked #150 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
“Horrible! Needs to be shut down!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Husband and I was looking for an affordable place to stay just for one night.
Upon arrival, trash was scattered at the entrance of the hotel, rooms are extremely small and very outdated. Dirty carpet. We saw roaches on the walls. Our room door didn't shut all the way, so we had to move to another room; which was just as bad. Other guests were smoking marijuana and the smell was so strong. The entire stay literally made our skin crawl. My husband jokingly said he wouldn't even take a prostitute there! We will never, ever return there. I reported this to management as well. Until they can FULLY renovate and do a proper bug/roach extermination, this place needs to be SHUT DOWN!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Monica M, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, 23 September 2015
Dear Jadwards,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Atlanta Midtown Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Red Roof Inn - Atlanta Midtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Me and my boyfriend just left Parkway Inn after spending there 2 nights and I must say thay it was so far the worst hotel we've stayed at across America. Cockroaches everywhere, room super small and the bathroom claustrophobic. The area is a little dodgy so we didn't feel safe, the view from the window was horrible - old toilets were dumped just outside, there was an ash from a cigarette next to the window in the room, even though you apparently cannot smoke in the hotel. We reported that to the lady at the front desk so they wouldn't charge us the cleaning fee and she said she will send someone to have it cleaned, however when we came back after few hours it was still there, which really wasn't such a surprise. Overall horrible experience and also not that cheap so I recommend everyone to find something else.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sonia G
Dear Sonia,

Red Roof Inn - Atlanta Midtown

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here last week, it was only for 2 nights for a little get away. When we see the reviews for this hotel we thought well its not gonna be great but all we wanted was a bed for the two night nothing fancy! We arrived and the hotel is so clean and the staff were very friendly even though we arrived early hours in the morning they recommended some places to go and wished us a peaceful night and we did have a peaceful sleep. No nosie whatsoever. The only down sideside is that they didnt serve breakfast but thats when the room rates start rising so me and my friend went for a late breakfast/dinner in the ihop restaurant down the road from motel which was only very nice. Parkway inn and suites is close to everything in downtown! (about a 20 mins walk to major attractions. I would deffo stay here again if I happen to be staying in atlanta overnight in the near future.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Rebekah L
Monica M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, 20 August 2015
Dear Rebekah L,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Atlanta Midtown Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Monica Mbaleki
GM
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This place is such a trash hole, the rooms are filthy and roaches all over. Sleeping in a dumpster would be healthier than this place. I don't know why they would try and re-open this place. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank James B
Dear James,

Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I reserved a king room directly with this hotel a month in advance of my arrival. Upon arrival I was informed that they didn't have a room for me because reserving a room does not guarantee they will have a room for me. Keep in mind, when I reserved the room the desk clerk had to have my credit card information to reserve the room. They offered to put me in a room with a queen bed at a reduced rate, but when we went to view the room, it looked like a standard size bed that they were passing as a queen. So, keep in mind the beds are very small. After two hours we ended up in a double bed room. It was nothing fancy, but since we had already wasted so much time we decided to make the best of it. Big mistake!!! We didn't bring our luggage in until later because we were running late for a engagement. After we returned to the hotel, we brought our luggage to the room. After being in the room for less than 20 minutes, we saw roaches crawling up the wall, on the desk and nightstand. My sister-in-law and he husband were in the room across from us and the roaches were even worse in their room. The was only one person on duty at night and he was so stressed with all the complaints coming in. He did try to help everyone but there is only so much one person can do. He gave us some bug spray and between the two rooms we went through two cans. By this time my nerves were so bad there was no way I was going to sleep. I stayed up of bug patrol. We couldn't even leave our luggage in the room for fear of roaches getting in our things. I sat up watching tv and looking out for roaches only to find one had crawled up the bed and was on my leg. The clerk couldn't do anything more for us so we waited until morning to speak with the manager because this was totally unacceptable. He didn't even want to come out of the office to speak with me and my sister-in-law until he heard me calling my bank to reverse the charges and letting them know what I had been through. You need to be aware that this hotel is downtown and close to a lot of places, but it really is in the hood. It looks like the projects are right around the corner. You've been warned to stay at your own risk.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Tina M
Dear Tina,

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future