“Could have been better, but not awful”

Quality Suites Buckhead Village
Ranked #63 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My husband and I stayed with 3 kids in a suite (1 queen bed, fold out couch). The suite itself was OK. It could use some updating, but other than a bathroom door that did not latch, was not bad. The bed slept well, couch sleeper not too great. Breakfast was quite good with a good selection of hot and cold foods. The only thing that was very disappointing was the way they handle lost items. We stayed 1 night and my son left his much-loved stuffed 10" cow. It was left in the sheets/blankets of the queen bed. I called the evening that we checked out and was told by a desk clerk to call back and talk to housekeeping at 9 am the next morning. The next morning I talked to someone at the desk who said he would check on it. When I didn't hear back by 1 pm, I called again. The desk clerk said that housekeeping had looked and couldn't find it either in the room or the laundry area. I was very disappointed that the hotel apparently has either a spoken or unspoken rule to those in the laundry/housekeeping to just throw away left behind items that they deem to be worthless. I'm sure they consider it not worth their time to package up things and ship them (even though I was happy to pay postage) If they had seen my son's face when I told him that Cow was not coming home, they would understand that value doesn't always have anything to do with money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. Although I am happy to read that you were overall pleased with our accommodations and breakfast, I am extremely disappointed to read about your dissatisfaction with our service. I assure you that we do not have a policy to throw away any items left in our rooms based on "perceived" value, and we have shipped forgotten items to guests multiple times in the past. I am sorry that we were not able to locate your son's stuffed cow and also for the way in which this situation was handled by our staff. I have had a word with all staff members to ensure that these issues be dealt with promptness and sensitivity if they do arise in the future.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future and to change your opinion of us.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had a pleasure of staying at this hotel for 6 weeks , and I must say from the first day I entered the door Patricia at the Front Desk and Renay the Hotel shuttle driver just made me so welcome and at feel right at home. Everyone just went out of their way to accommodate me, Justina, Stuart, Heidi and most of all Patricia at the front desk, Renay omg! I cannot say enough about home really helpful and went out of his way to make my stay pleasurable and comfortable, I must mention Hosea the other driver who was pleasant as well. I will be remiss if I don't mention the Hotel Manager PD and Latoya The sales manager they two were outstanding, if you want to stay somewhere you feel right at home, and want top notch service then Quality Suites Buckhead is the place for you , the day I left my heart was so full I felt like I was leaving my family behind, because that is the way they treated me, Clean rooms, superior service, every detail of my stay was attended to. Kudos to the staff and Management.

Room Tip: I stayed in a corner room on the side it was private and quiet, which I needed being their for six w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Antoinette N
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

We’re glowing reading your review of our Hotel! Our entire staff takes great pride in providing memorable experiences for our guests and we’re delighted that you felt right at home when you visited – what a fabulous compliment! Thank you for your business and we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My daughter from SC and her boyfriend meet her dad, brother and I for a 4 day stay over Thanksgiving. We had not seen her in over a year and needed a spacious suite for a good visit. The front desk clerk Patricia was so friendly and helpful. The breakfast lady Bobbie was so pleasant and welcoming. I thought the variety of food offered at breakfast was great. Our suite was spacious w 2 bedrooms(1- w queen & bath, 2nd- w 2 doubles & bath). It had a small kitchen and living room w sofa sleeper. We did some cooking and the kitchen w full appliances was wonderful. This is an older hotel but very clean. Great value for the price. We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Atlanta.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so request a ground floor if you have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Judge410
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and details regarding your recent stay with us. I certainly appreciate your praise of our service levels and effort, as well as the breakfast and cleanliness of your room - these areas are of the highest priority in the industry - so it is wonderful to read that we succeeded in your case. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night Sunday Nov. 24. Very nice welcome at check in. Room a little dated but clean and had everything we needed. We had a bedroom, living room and small kitchen area. Paper plates & cups, plastic silverware was provided. Pots & pans available upon request. The best feature was a lady named Bobbie that prepared the breakfast area. We went in for breakfast around 6:30, and Bobbie got our day started off right with a warm fun friendly personality. Breakfast consisted of cheese omelets, bacon. GRITS (not instant, very important to a southerner!), pastries, cereals, yougurt, fresh fruit, etc. Thank you Bobbie! We hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank ewoka13
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am thrilled to read that you were very pleased with our service and amenities. I will pass on your comments to Bobbi - I know she will be happy to hear all the kind things you had to say about her.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Customer service was great. I needed a ground floor room due to ambulatory problems and our original reservation put us on the second floor. Heidi immediately moved us to an excellent suite on the ground floor. She was exceptionally helpful, friendly and professional. The rest of the staff was equally customer oriented. The only short coming was the carpet in Rm. 114. It was badly in need of cleaning or replacement. Overall it was a very nice accommodation and will be our home in Atlanta whenever we visit.

Room Tip: Specify any special needs on the reservation form.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to detail your experience with us and for your positive comments with regard to our service team, especially Heidi. I will certainly share them with the entire staff as I am certain they will be equally pleased to learn of the acknowledgement of their efforts to make our guests’ stay a little more memorable.
I am sorry that the carpet in your suite was not in a satisfactory condition. We do have our carpets professionally cleaned every few months, but I do acknowledge that our carpets are old and need replacing. We are replacing all the carpets in our upcoming extensive renovation that we hope to begin next month.
Your patronage is highly appreciated. We will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle was available when needed and the front desk manager printed out walking directions. The hotel was conveniently located near shopping which was great.
My complaints are that my room (102) smelled horrible! It reeked of some ammonia odor (cat urine maybe?).The room was clean but the smell was really bad. The internet connection was very weak and or non existent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you were happy with the service and amenities we provided you on your recent stay with us.
I apologize for the bad smell in your room. Pets are not allowed in any of our guest rooms, so I will have my housekeeping department look into the issue to find out what the cause was.
Also, I am sorry that you had issues with our internet. We have recently revamped our entire internet system in response to previous connectivity problems. After this revamp, we have found that the connectivity issues arise from certain settings on guest computers. We have 24 hour technical support available for guests to help them through this process and I apologize that you were not informed of this.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We came to Atlanta from New Orleans for the Saints game. The customer service at this hotel was amazing. The desks clerks Stuart & Justina were extremely kind & professional. If I come back to Atlanta, I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us. I will pass on your compliments to Justina and Stuart. I know they will truly appreciate you recognizing them for their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and providing you with an even better experience than the first!