“Horrible weekend avoided!”

Quality Suites Buckhead Village
Ranked #64 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We traveled 8 hrs by car to meet family in Atlanta who traveled 6 hours. After sitting in construction traffic for one hour, we try to check in and the employee at the front desk told me we only had one suite? I said no see look at my confirmation, very politely she said no you only have one room! I said what can I do? I booked through hotels.com she said that's the problem you need to call them! I called them and they called the front desk only to be told I don't have a room
Patricia was the one helping me so I ask her do you have a room I can purchase? She said nope and kept saying sorry! After one hour on the phone with hotels.com Patricia said I have a smaller room hidden on the reserve list you can have if you want? I said yes please, even though the room was not a suite we made it work. Patricia saved the weekend and was calm and helpful during whole ordeal! The property was under construction but was relatively clean and organized! Because of Patricia I would book here again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

I am sorry about your experience at check-in but am glad that Patricia was able to allocate you a room as per your intended plans. Thanks and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights and can't wait to get out. Upon check in, there was no smile, or welcome, front desk staff looked really tired. Upon entering the room, small pieces of trash found next to sofa and bed, sign of not vacuuming. Upon entering the bathroom, ultra small space, broken towel handle, only 2 towels on rack. No sheets for sofa bed although we stated the room was for 2 adults and 2 kids. Called for sheets and pillows, went out to dinner and back, still nothing. 9am, went to front desk to get our sheets. I mean, we really don't mind to stop by the front desk if the staff had told us that she's busy. Communication broken right there. Breakfast is nothing to write home about which we expected. Breakfast area very tight and small, if you're going to eat during busy time, go early, otherwise, no table for you. Next day went to visit Atlanta, came back at night found that both bed and sofa bed were made, satisfaction didn't last 2 seconds when seeing our pillows and our kids' stuff animals were on the floor. Obviously, the maid came to make bed, threw everything on the floor, and forgot to pick them up. But that also tell us how inconsiderate were they. Would you ever throw your bed pillows on floor, and Did I mention if they even vacuum. Would not recommend, there is Residence Inn just 2 minutes away. We didn't use their kitchen, so no commend on it, we just need a place a little bigger since we have kids.

Room Tip: door and windows are on the same side, therefore, rooms are rather dark, and don't feel safe to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HaDa2000
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your survey. I am truly sorry about your experience with our hotel. I will address all the matters you have detailed with housekeeping, front desk and food service. Again, I am sorry for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The floorplan with two bedrooms and two Baths, the kitchenette and three TV's, was wonderful and the staff was great especially Patricia and Jose
Breakfast was OK
Dated but in the process of remodeling
Would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: Bus #5 from Downtown brought us to one block away and the complimentary hotel shuttle took us to the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rose D

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you complimenting our rooms and staff members Patricia and Jose. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family enjoyed our stay at this hotel for 4 nights. At check-in the person didn't check us in correctly and got frustrated and said she will have her manager fix the problem in the morning. I was fine with that because I didn't want her charging me twice for the same room. The next morning I spoke with the supervisor Patricia and she was determined to make me happy and put a smile on my face. I must say she did a wonderful job she was very helpful and professional.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Takoya F
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry about your experience at checkin and I will look into the matter immediately. I am glad Patricia was able to satisfy your expectations.

Thank you again and see you soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Besides the location, the staff was very friendly and handled every situation with a smile. Two thumbs up! Now to be honest, Oscar is the reason for this review because he was so sweet and quickly learned my wants for the next day. I didn't mind doing a review for him but to make me do 200 or more words just to submit is ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank oohso

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your compliments on our friendly and professional staff and, in particular, Oscar!

Thanks and see you soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip In May 2014. The place is a little older, converted condos, I believe. But the room (more like a small apartment) I had was large. Had a full kitchen with large fridge, micro, cabinets, etc, living room with large TV, bedroom with another TV, and bathroom. Large floor-to-ceiling windows in the living room.

It is central AC, so it was very quiet in the room. No wall AC unit, if you like that noise, like I do. But you can adjust the temperature yourself.

The daily breakfast was really great. Lots of options from muffins to waffles to bagels. Fruit, cereal, juices, etc. Very impressed.

We used the conference room for a few hours and they had it all set up with chairs and a small bag with a water bottle on each seat.

Great, budget friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Travel_Koala
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for commenting on our hotel and the wonderful amenities our suites provide. I also appreciate your commendations on our breakfast and staff. Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have stayed here twice now for a conference nearby. The staff is very accommodating and the shuttle service is very convenient. I parked my car when I got there and didn't get back in until I left. Vince, the shuttle driver was very helpful not in just getting me back and forth to the conference, but in restaurant and night life recommendations. The bed is very comfortable and it's nice to have a kitchen so I don't have to eat out every meal. They are currently undergoing a MAJOR renovation but it was not an inconvenience or even noisy. I have another conference there in September and will definitely be staying again. Price is right too for the area. No additional parking fees and wifi internet fee.

Room Tip: Once the elevator is installed the third floor rooms won't be as difficult to get to. If you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Susan G
Quality Suites B, General Manager at Quality Suites Buckhead Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate the compliments on our wonderful staff and lovely accommodations. Thank you also for recognizing the minimal interference of the renovation to your hotel stay - that is definitely our goal!

Thanks again and see you soon!