“Excellent Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel is decorated beautifully at the holidays. The Lobby Bar is warm and inviting for afternoon tea or drinks by the fire. The staff is excellent! Truly, everyone goes out of their way to make your stay exceptional. The spa was peaceful and I enjoyed the services I received. We had a suite on a higher floor. I was disappointed. There was no powder room but a large bar area instead that had a wine refrigerator and sink but stocked with nothing else, no napkins, no glasses, no corkscrew, nothing, just an empty space. Visitors to our room had to go through the living space and bedroom to use our bathroom which was exceptionally small. There is a sitting bench outside of the bathroom that could be taken out and a makeup vanity could be installed so one person could be applying makeup while another person showered because the bathroom is so small it can't accommodate two people at once.The sofa and one chair in the living room were visibly stained. The bed had a feather topper over the mattress that was very uncomfortable. In their defense, I have back issues so this may not be a problem for someone else. The staff will keep me coming back but the rooms need refreshing.

2 Thank texsix1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Not bad, but not great. The service is the issue. We waited in the bar for almost 20 minutes for a waitress to come by our area, but we eventually had to go ask the bartender to get someone to wait on us.

I asked the front desk to arrange a car service for the airport the day prior to my departure. Instead of just making it happen for me, they called to tell me the hotel arranged service was not available and would I want them to find someone else? (um......yes) and then made me confirm directly with the service. Too many phone calls....just handle it for me.

I left two sentimental items accidentally in my room - a travel blanket I've had forever and a stuffed animal my son gave me that I travel with. I realized this and called the hotel from the airport less than an hour after I left my room. Not only did they not seem concerned and transferred me to lost and found, who were also not helpful, they never called me back. I would have paid to ship those items back to me.

Overall the hotel itself is nice but I travel alot for business and I stay in some nice hotels both for business and leisure and I expected better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Spartanburg, SC
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We have stayed here at least once a year for probably 20 years. Standards are always maintained in every way. Even so, we felt that the service and accomodations were
among the best ever. The staff was so cooperative and friendly, it reminded me of
how the major hotels must have been run in the 19th century. The shower is great
and the maids were helpful with any extras we needed.
A small tip: If you're looking for a sandwich or salad for lunch, there is a little café in the
building. You go past the conference rooms on the parking lot side. These were
excellent sandwiches and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: There are several elevators, generally pretty fast moving. I wouldn't hesitate to take a room...
Green Features: you have your choice about having the towels washed each day.
West Plains, Missouri
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is one of our family favorites. We stopped here for two days while on vacation last summer on our way back to Missouri, the staff was extremely helpful, kind, yet professional. This is one of those places that if we could we would just take up residency here! One last thing, the ammenities are top notch, Asprey Purple Water. (my wifes favorite)

Room Tip: Higher floors give you a better view of the city.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed here one night this week. Hotel is warm and comfortable. Rooms are well kept. Bed was comfortable. Shower was nice. Staff was very friendly. Upgraded to a "high floor room" with my Marriott Platinum status. Great area to stay in.

Room Tip: 23 is the top floor.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The lobby here is very welcoming and the staff make every effort to make you feel comfortable. Meeting space was also nice and exactly what we needed. Plus, close proximity to great shopping at Lenox and Phipps!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Each year we stay at this property. This year, we took our 6 month old daughter with us, as well as her sitter. From the moment we checked in, no detail was overlooked. Our rooms we exactly as requested and ready for us when we arrived. The hotel itself was beautifully decorated for Christmas and Santa mingled among the guests.
The entire staff was friendly, welcoming, and professional. Check out was a breeze and the valet was extremely efficient. Great stay. We look forward to returning next year!

Stayed December 2013