“Excellent overnight stay at the Ritz”

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #8 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Our family met in Atlanta to celebrate Christmas since our daughter could not travel long distance due to her pregnancy. We decided to splurge and experience our own version of a "Home Alone"experience without all of huge drama of course!

We had three rooms and all were outstanding! We brought a roll away into our room for our grandsons and even the roll away was outstanding. Our room was most comfortable and was large enough for 9 people, 6 adults and 3 children to open presents and have a wonderful family time! This is certainly one that we will always remember.

The Ritz staff were amazing! Regardless of our requests, the answer was always yes and exceeded our expectations. The hotel was decorated beautiful for Christmas and we were able to take some great family pictures. The castle scene with train was awesome and our grandsons loved watching the train.

We experienced the Ritz buffet breakfast and the food was fantastic!

This hotel is located adjacent to Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square Mall for shopping convenience. Amazing location and place to stay in Buckhead.

We will return!

Well done Ritz team - another memorable and great experience.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Sunday brunch here is amazing. Don't eat before you go, and maybe not the day before either to save room for all the excellent food. Pasta station, seafood station, waffle/omelet station, carving station, sushi station, you name it. $15 for bottomless champagne bar where you can concoct your own cocktail with OJ, Chambord, Raspberry puree, and other goodies. Not to mention the excellent service and ambience. If you're in the area and love a good brunch, make sure to come here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jem575
Reviewed 15 December 2013

What a joke of a hotel. Bill Marriott would be ashamed of the pathetic response and service my wife and I experienced yesterday as we attempted to check into the hotel. Between the lines, little kids with their pet parents whining and dogs in the lobby and hallways it was a horrible experience. I asked for a quiet room at the end of the hallway and was assured that was the case. Oh so wrong. Not even close. The second attempt for a quiet room....one floor below was with the
same location and issues. The front desk manager fed me a line of BS when we left that this was a premium room blah blah blah. Sorry sorry sorry give us another opportunity. Thank you Ritz Buckhead for the lovely experience you provided us on our wedding anniversary. I am a Platinum Premier, top 2% I'm told, with over 100 nights per year to include other Ritz properties but that obviously means nothing. I will call Marriott Customer Care tomorrow and lodge my complaint. Nothing will come of the complaint as the management at this property has a definite hearing problem. Thank goodness the Grand Hyatt had rooms and greatly appreciated our business. I highly recommend this property over the Motel 6 Ritz.

Stayed: December 2013
7  Thank Cuffy01
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel is decorated beautifully at the holidays. The Lobby Bar is warm and inviting for afternoon tea or drinks by the fire. The staff is excellent! Truly, everyone goes out of their way to make your stay exceptional. The spa was peaceful and I enjoyed the services I received. We had a suite on a higher floor. I was disappointed. There was no powder room but a large bar area instead that had a wine refrigerator and sink but stocked with nothing else, no napkins, no glasses, no corkscrew, nothing, just an empty space. Visitors to our room had to go through the living space and bedroom to use our bathroom which was exceptionally small. There is a sitting bench outside of the bathroom that could be taken out and a makeup vanity could be installed so one person could be applying makeup while another person showered because the bathroom is so small it can't accommodate two people at once.The sofa and one chair in the living room were visibly stained. The bed had a feather topper over the mattress that was very uncomfortable. In their defense, I have back issues so this may not be a problem for someone else. The staff will keep me coming back but the rooms need refreshing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank texsix1
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Not bad, but not great. The service is the issue. We waited in the bar for almost 20 minutes for a waitress to come by our area, but we eventually had to go ask the bartender to get someone to wait on us.

I asked the front desk to arrange a car service for the airport the day prior to my departure. Instead of just making it happen for me, they called to tell me the hotel arranged service was not available and would I want them to find someone else? (um......yes) and then made me confirm directly with the service. Too many phone calls....just handle it for me.

I left two sentimental items accidentally in my room - a travel blanket I've had forever and a stuffed animal my son gave me that I travel with. I realized this and called the hotel from the airport less than an hour after I left my room. Not only did they not seem concerned and transferred me to lost and found, who were also not helpful, they never called me back. I would have paid to ship those items back to me.

Overall the hotel itself is nice but I travel alot for business and I stay in some nice hotels both for business and leisure and I expected better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We have stayed here at least once a year for probably 20 years. Standards are always maintained in every way. Even so, we felt that the service and accomodations were
among the best ever. The staff was so cooperative and friendly, it reminded me of
how the major hotels must have been run in the 19th century. The shower is great
and the maids were helpful with any extras we needed.
A small tip: If you're looking for a sandwich or salad for lunch, there is a little café in the
building. You go past the conference rooms on the parking lot side. These were
excellent sandwiches and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: There are several elevators, generally pretty fast moving. I wouldn't hesitate to take a room...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is one of our family favorites. We stopped here for two days while on vacation last summer on our way back to Missouri, the staff was extremely helpful, kind, yet professional. This is one of those places that if we could we would just take up residency here! One last thing, the ammenities are top notch, Asprey Purple Water. (my wifes favorite)

Room Tip: Higher floors give you a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family