“Just What We Needed”

The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #12 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have stayed in the Buckhead area many times but this was my first time at the Ritz Carlton.
Entering the lobby I was impressed with the beauty and attention we received. We were shown to our room which was absolutely beautiful. We were given a tour as we strolled through the hotel after we asked where the pool was located and we were glad we did. So many great things are tucked away for your enjoyment and not just a large open lobby. Definitely will return!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view. Beautiful at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed on the club level and with 2dragons children it was well worth it. Staff was very helpful when one pf themgot sick. Will be going back. Every request was met with kindness and punctuality. Located next to 2it great shopping areas. Food at the bar and the club level was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were traveling through Atlanta after a very long drive & an injured back. I had American Express Platinum make the reservation & within 30 minutes we were at the hotel. The bellman could not have been more helpful. One even saw that I was in pain & got a wheelchair immediately. We stayed in an executive suite which was extremely spacious with a full living room, two bathrooms & master. We ordered room service that night & I was so happy to see gluten free options for children on the menu. The salmon is a must try. The room was quiet & very comfortable. The next morning we ordered breakfast in bed & everything was perfect, especially the gluten free choices. The hotel itself is just gorgeous. I absolutely cannot wait to visit again for a longer time to enjoy all that this ritz has to offer. Every time I stay at a Ritz around the country, I'm reminded of how they're always my favorite!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tootlepops
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Buckhead Atlanta for a two day conference. This is a high end hotel that lives up to its reputation. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed for the business traveler. My room had a king size bed with plenty of space including a large desk for work. Plenty of power outlets and the Wi-Fi was easy to connect and fast. My Wi-Fi access was included in the room rate.
The staff were all very helpful and I enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the spa floor and my room had a tempurapedic bed, very comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian L
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel itself is beautiful (as expected). The staff was very friendly and courteous. It was a very busy hotel, the lobby and main sitting area was always full of people. It was very close to many shopping areas and restaurants. Parking was hassle free, so overall would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claudia R
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Our son goes to college in Atlanta, so we visit about five times a year. We usually stay at either the Ritz Carlton or the Mandarin Oriental, but lately we have been staying exclusively at the Ritz Carlton. When you enter or leave the hotel there is always plenty of staff opening doors, handing you umbrellas and generally asking if they can help in any way. The bar and restaurant were very lively on many occasions that we stayed and we frequently would have a drink there at the end of the night. We normally get adjoining rooms and we've had much more success with that request with the Ritz Carlton then other hotels in the area, so that is a big plus for us as well. Lastly, they sometimes have nice touches like complimentary champagne and scotch in the lobby (it was a Friday night) that really make the place feel homey and welcoming.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LouisL100
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We visit Atlanta several times a year and have stayed here numerous times, some visits better than others, and overall it is an excellent hotel. We have ventured out and tried other Atlanta properties when visiting the city like the Mandarin Oriental and St. Regis, but we keep coming back to the Ritz mainly because of the proximity to shopping ( you can walk to both Saks or Neiman's) and because we really enjoy the concierge level. Even though the rate is higher you can usually break even after a couple of drinks, breakfast, and lunch. You also save a bundle when traveling with children who are hungry and thirsty all the time. Every time we have stayed here the club lounge has been consistently good and if club level is not available we usually go somewhere else. We stayed in a one bedroom suite that had a pullout sofa that was great for our daughter. The extra 1/2 bath the suite provides when traveling with three people is nice too. When we stayed here this visit the hotel was nearly full but when I have a choice I always ask for a suite with a tub because the ones with the tubs have the much larger bathrooms and separate showers. This stay we were just happy to have a suite. About a year ago I often left the Ritz frustrated but think the service has recently improved. The valet's and doormen and bellmen are exceptional, and the front desk staff has gone from the "land of no" as I used to call it to pretty gosh darn accommodating. Walter at the front desk in particular is the best. He remembers us every time we visit ( even from our days at the Ritz Downtown) and always goes out of his way to make us feel special and like he is really glad to see us. I tried the spa for the first time this visit and had a very good pedicure. We look forward to our next visit!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family