“Never disappoints”

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #9 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Staying at the Ritz-Carlton in Buckhead is always a pleasure. The location and amenities are fantastic, the beds comfortable, the rooms dead silent. It is always a pleasure to stay here, especially on business trips when the quiet and comfort of a top-tier hotel can make a big difference.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am a frequent traveler for business and pleasure and spent a lot of time in hotels around the world. I recently had a stop in Atlanta after returning from France and reserved with the The Ritz-Carlton in Buckhead. I've been to Atlanta in the past and have stayed at many of the other luxury competitors in the area but decided to give the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead a try.

Walking into the lobby I was greeted by no one and walked to the check-in desk to get the "pleasure" of talking with Clark. Clark begin the check in process and took my identification and credit card for security. I thought the process was simple enough and my girlfriend and I walked up to the room to rest after our long flights.

I can not recall the exact number but I was given a key for room 1505 or 1504. Either way upon reaching the room and opening the door we noticed there was clothing and medication in the bathroom. We were completely shocked to find that we have been given the key to another guest room!

We exited immediately and went back to the front desk to be greeted by a smug and disrespectful hotel attendant who thought he was not at fault. Apparently Clark and the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead believe its okay to give keys to other guest rooms without considering the possible risk or safety for me or the person that could have been in the room. That is completely unprofessional and unacceptable!

Clark informed me that he had me reserved in a room with a stranger and that was the only reservation on the books. I produced my email confirmation and Clark decided his job was done and told me if I did not want to stay in the room previously provided, there was nothing he could do.

At 10pm after a 12+ hour flight and jet lag I was sick of dealing with Clark and the poor excuse for management at the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead and proceeded to another luxury hotel in the area. Not only did Clark and the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead management fail at providing any solution to the problem they created they also failed at guest security and basic customer service. I have never received treatment from any Ritz-Carlton or other hotels the way I did that night. I will be sure to warn colleagues and family to keep their business away from this MOTEL.

Room Tip: Ensure you are getting a room key for a room that is not already occupied by another guest.
6  Thank Ron7577
Sheila B, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Mr. Edwards,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at (404)348-5754. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Sheila Buciuman

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Luxury and location all in one. This trade mark Ritz Carlton offers everything you come to expect from a luxury stay-cation. Right across from both Lennox and Phipps Malls, the ATL MARTA station Buckhead and Lennox are a few minutes walk away. All the usual stores are located in the mall or just two stops on the Marta. 45 mins from Atlanta airport, the hotel is perfectly situated. The front desk check-in/arrival was flawless and housekeeping was always on point.

Room Tip: High floor is always best
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have stayed in the Buckhead area many times but this was my first time at the Ritz Carlton.
Entering the lobby I was impressed with the beauty and attention we received. We were shown to our room which was absolutely beautiful. We were given a tour as we strolled through the hotel after we asked where the pool was located and we were glad we did. So many great things are tucked away for your enjoyment and not just a large open lobby. Definitely will return!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view. Beautiful at night.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed on the club level and with 2dragons children it was well worth it. Staff was very helpful when one pf themgot sick. Will be going back. Every request was met with kindness and punctuality. Located next to 2it great shopping areas. Food at the bar and the club level was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were traveling through Atlanta after a very long drive & an injured back. I had American Express Platinum make the reservation & within 30 minutes we were at the hotel. The bellman could not have been more helpful. One even saw that I was in pain & got a wheelchair immediately. We stayed in an executive suite which was extremely spacious with a full living room, two bathrooms & master. We ordered room service that night & I was so happy to see gluten free options for children on the menu. The salmon is a must try. The room was quiet & very comfortable. The next morning we ordered breakfast in bed & everything was perfect, especially the gluten free choices. The hotel itself is just gorgeous. I absolutely cannot wait to visit again for a longer time to enjoy all that this ritz has to offer. Every time I stay at a Ritz around the country, I'm reminded of how they're always my favorite!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tootlepops
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Buckhead Atlanta for a two day conference. This is a high end hotel that lives up to its reputation. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed for the business traveler. My room had a king size bed with plenty of space including a large desk for work. Plenty of power outlets and the Wi-Fi was easy to connect and fast. My Wi-Fi access was included in the room rate.
The staff were all very helpful and I enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the spa floor and my room had a tempurapedic bed, very comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business