“Just Okay ~ Not Impressed” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #9 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Just Okay ~ Not Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked our 24th wedding anniversary celebration under the RC 30th Anniversary package which includes champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, rose-pedal turn down & breakfast. When arriving we were swarmed by staff and attendants (a little overwhelming) & my poor husband shoveling out dollars bills as fast as he could. The room was average and the view below average as the windows were so dirty. In my opinion, the bed was horrible and feather pillows even worse. Our surprise of champagne, etc was supposed to arrive around 9:00PM (after dinner) but arrived at 10 'til 5:00 and again at 5:45...No, it's supposed to be at 9:00! not to mention being interrupted three (3) different times for sodas? ice?. When returning that evening the "champagne" (actually sparkling wine) & strawberries (frozen) were found on the counter & no rose-pedals; to top it off we were told we could order anything at breakfast but at check out we had a charge of $ 11.50 for pancakes and when we arrived home we learned we were charged an additional $ 67.72 for breakfast. Valet parking had my car (a convertible) parked out in the sun on top a parking deck, Noise from young guest fighting & crying in hallway and staff having to throw out a loud male guest plus doors slamming made us think. Not impressed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JustPeachyinATL
Sheila B, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number (404) 348-5754. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Sheila Buciuman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We usually don't stay in a place as nice as the Ritz when traveling but my husband and I recently stayed here for a conference I needed to attend. Located right in the middle of Buckhead, the hotel is convenient to many restaurants, shopping centers, and directly across from Lenox Mall! My husband had NO problems finding things to do when I was in sessions or connecting with others.

Every staff member we encountered spoke to us. Even if it was just a "having a good day?" or "good morning" it was always said with a smile. When we pulled up to check in, there was someone ready and waiting with a luggage cart. The car was unloaded within minutes and they were driving off to park it for us. I wish there had been more options for parking. We could get used to valet, but it's very expensive. The in-out privileges for self-parking are terrible though.

The room was immaculate as far as cleanliness goes. I was sad that they had no microwave or fridge inside. Since we were staying multiple days, these are "must haves" for me. Not exactly sure the room type we were in, since we had a special rate for the conference. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable. There was plenty of room to put our luggage and all of the swag I collected from brands at the conference.

My husband made good use of the pool and fitness room. He commented that he enjoyed both.

I cannot wait to stay there again, as well as check out other Ritz Carltons in other cities when we travel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SouthernGirl611
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived at the Ritz-Carlton late at night after leaving a wedding event. We were a bit disheveled because the previous hotel had lost their water, a/c, etc. (Although they still managed to produce a very nice wedding.) We were greeted warmly from the moment we stepped out of the car, through check-in, and I had a pleasant talk with the bellman, Michael, while waiting for final aspects of check-in. Michael not only helped us get settled, but also saw to our special needs for the room so that we did not have to make additional phone calls to housekeeping, etc. The room was beautiful, the beds fantastic, the amenities the best, and everything else was all that one would expect from a Ritz-Carlton. An excellent breakfast arrived right on time. Our breakfast in the room was included in the room rate. My only suggestion is that the pre-order menu for breakfast should be redesigned as it is difficult to fit in a la carte items. Our waiter was quick to fill in the missing items needed, however. I also love that the food is served in a way that keeps it fresh and hot. When we left we spotted Michael again who came over to find out how we enjoyed our stay and wished us a safe trip home. Because we stay in so many hotels, this interest and concern for guests is noticed and appreciated. It is just the kind of thing that makes us want to stay at this particular hotel again. I should also note that we were among at least 5 couples from the wedding that raced over to the Ritz-Carlton as soon as we could that night. We were all busy texting our delight with the decision! One more thing, the reservationist was exceptionally understanding of our situation and made several suggestions about our late booking that saved us a number of charges. Our only regret is that we didn't have more time to enjoy the hotel and staff, but that will be on another visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pamelavail
New york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This weekend was my birthday . We booked this hotel hoping for a luxurious room and sumptuous spa . We were at the hotel all of an hour . We were taken to our room and appalled. The bed skirt was stained, the chair was so old it looked like it was from goodwill. The sheets were grayish white and the 'decorative scarf " at the end of the bed was pilled and polyester. We went to see the spa (since we realized we couldn't hang out in our room and the "lounge area" had reclining chairs and blackout shades similar to the chemo- room at Sloan -Kettering . We quickly booked a stay at another hotel in Atlanta and ran out of there. I am shocked that a hotel in that condition could be called a ritz- carleton.I will certainly be nervous about staying at any Ritz if this is considered the standard. What a terrible experience ,

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Betsee50
E_Schinnerl, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your time to provide feedback. I would welcome to discuss your comments further with you and can be reached at erwin.schinnerl@ritzcarlton.com or at (404) 240-7030.

Warm regards.
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for my wifes birthday and we had a wonderful time at the Ritz Carlton. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff are awesome. They take the time to make you feel special. This is my wifes favorite hotel to visit. The room was very clean and the bed was very soft. The location is great as there is a mall across the street and there are many resturants and stores within walking distance. We really like the decor of the rooms and hotel and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Atlanta. I treated my wife to the spa and she loved the facial and massage she got. The Ritz staff provides 5 star service and should be commended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
E_Schinnerl, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel to celebrate the special occasion of your wife's birthday. My team and I are delighted to know that your thoroughly enjoyed your stay, our offerings and most importantly the services provided by our ladies and gentlemen. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed four nights here with two older children. The staff is the highlight of your stay. Your every need is catered too and done with a smile. We were greeted daily at the door and always felt welcomed. Any need we had was attended to with a smile. The room and hotel was in excellent condition. Café food was very good, pricing is what you would expect from a Ritz hotel. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Located in a great place for shopping within walking distance to Lenox Mall.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ms. Cathy S.,

thank you for sharing your kind comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel; I will be certain to share your feedback with members of our team, highlighting their exceptional service and the food quality, which added value to your family get-away.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to being of service again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My girlfriend and I visit this property every January and this past January I decided what better place to ask her to be my wife! The hotel staff was out of this world assisting with the proposal. From Tiffany and Mike at the front desk, always putting us into an incredible room, to Melissa assisting with my planned proposal and not missing a beat! It was the perfect place and atmosphere for the proposal. In the words of my fiancé "it was like a fairy tale"! The director of loss prevention even secured the ring in safekeeping for a couple of days. We always stay on the Club Level and the attention, presentations and lets not forget the drinks, are always top notch. Alex and her team are always accommodating year after year. We look forward each year in January returning and now it has even more meaning. When we return January 2015 we will be husband and wife, getting married this November at The Ritz Carlton, Cancun.

Having stayed at many Ritz Carlton properties, this is one of our favorites. The location is perfect in Buckhead with a variety of things to do all in walking distance. The hotel is spotless and the suites are comfortable. Splurge for Club, you'll be glad you did. If you travel on the Marta while in Atlanta the stations are in walking distance and easy to get to. The staff is what really makes this hotel great. They all go out of their way and anticipate your every need and always exceed your expectations. We look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite with views of downtown Atlanta.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple