“Favorite Hotel in Atlanta”

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #8 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California
“Favorite Hotel in Atlanta”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

What can I say. I travel the world and this is one of my favorite hotels in the US. Other than the pain that it is to park at this hotel and the terrible surface roads to the hotel in the afternoon in Atlanta traffic, this hotel is wonderful. The room was nicely furnished, the front desk was incredibly courteous. I was actually booked at the other Ritz in Buckhead and they took care of things and got me a room in their hotel. Be careful when booking as there are two Ritz in Buckhead. The breakfast buffet, as usual, was wonderful and the food fresh and varied. After my meetings, I came back tot he Ritz for a couple of other meetings and the lounge area was made for business. It was a great setting to meet and talk business. I am a Hilton Diamond member, but would stay at the Ritz when in Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
Winchester, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We recently spent 6 nights here in a junior suite while visiting our son in Atlanta. The RC Buckhead was incredible. The staff was friendly, efficient and professional. Typically one area will stand out over others-but everyone here was great.

Our room was spacious, light, very clean and comfortable. I noticed that some of the furnishings were a little worn-but can understand that and overlook it as long as it's not too bad given the wear and tear hotels get.

We stay at Ritz Carlton hotels as often as we can and would rate the RC Buckhead as one of the nicer ones we've visited, and would quickly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Excellent accommodations! The Staff were all very professional but friendly. I was surprised when we returned from dinner there was great live jazz music at the bar. Although the crowd is older, they were having more fun than most. The hotel is about a 30 min drive from ATL without traffic.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have stayed at the Ritz in Buckhead many time over the last 20+ years. I stayed last week and while the staff is excellent and as good as it gets, the rooms just disappoint. While the room was clean and bright, the bathroom was tiny and not especially updated. I also have stayed at the St. Regis lately and find that hotel to be much more updated, bathrooms to be bigger and better equipped and usually a little cheaper than the Ritz.
I really like the location, the staff and the bar but the bathrooms need to be updated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jjs57
Sheila B, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit to The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead.

I am very sorry to hear that our guestroom accommodations did not meet your expectations. Feedback is extremely important to us and I would appreciate the opportunity to personally speak with you to discuss your experience. I may be reached directly at this number 404-237-2700. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sheila Buciuman
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I will start with the positive. This hotel had an excellent staff. I can not say enough about them. The hotel had a great bar with some great specialty drinks. Finally, the location is superb. With that said, I do not believe its worth the cost. Once you get to the actual room, it is like every other hotel room. I found the beds more comfortable at other hotels. Room also had no tub.

Stayed July 2014
Sheila B, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive and a constructive review about the hotel. I was thrilled to learn our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to anticipate and fulfill your needs during your stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear that your room accommodation did not meet your expectations. Feedback is extremely important to us and I would appreciate the opportunity to personally speak with you to discuss your experience. I may be reached directly at this number (404)348-5754. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sheila Buciuman
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We travel a lot and have stayed in wonderful hotels - including many Ritz Carlton's - all around the world... This IS the best hotel we have ever stayed in! Being sad to end a vacation is one thing, but feeling slightly emotional about saying farewell to hotel staff - because we were continuing on with our trip... That's just rare! We travelled as a family - having had a hideous baggage loss experience on top of Atlantic flighing jet lag, and we were just so cosseted and well cared for from the moment we arrived that it really softened our 'rough' landing in Atlanta. We love Atlanta and have spent many many holidays there, but Ritz staff still managed to introduce us to new places and Lucia in the Executive Lounge even went so far as to supply me with printouts of recommendations to take along to our next stop in CA! Everything about this hotel works - amenities, facilities, cleanliness, food quality and proximity to everything. But even more importantly, the Ladies and Gentlemen who work here are spectacular! Service is unsurpassable and the warmth and extra mile care that abounds here is difficult to go without! I am sorry that I don't remember the names of all the lovely ladies who took care of us in the Executive lounge Lucia, Ally and your wonderful colleagues (my sincerest apologies because you are all fabulous) and thank you for finding Nutella for us when you overheard my son - ask me about this. I strongly suspect that someone ran out to get the huge jar that showed up later!
We were too jet lagged to be able to enjoy popcorn and movies at the pool on Friday night, but still managed to get popcorn sent to the room! What a special touch for families!
Also, the valet staff need to be recommended, not just for their speed and charm, but also the many many many discussions they happily had with my son about the FIFA World Cup, teams, etc etc etc.
We cannot emphasise enough what a grand and wonderful hotel this is, nor thank all the staff for every kindness, indulgence and care shown to us. You have raised the bar and our expectations considerably! You are perfect!

Room Tip: I doubt any room would be particularly noisy, the only noise we ever heard was 4th of July fireworks...
Green Features: Top notch. They have notices for guests and information in rooms and on sites.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Buckhead is a great location in Atlanta and the hotel is right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of the area. Upon arrival the staff will greet you and assist in any way necessary. They have been there for a long time and if you come back again - they will recognize you and make you feel at home.

This particular Ritz is beautiful but not pretentious. The dining and lounge areas are well situated with excellent options and friendly, attentive staff.

Rooms are clean and I love the beds, bedding, and pillows. Service is stellar and available, or not, based on your preferences.

Whether visiting with family or for a business trip, this hotel is an Atlanta fav of ours!

• Stayed June 2014