“Great time Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #93 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Aiken, South Carolina
“Great time Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I loved the hotel. It was near to hotel. A little hard to find without GPS. However, once you go one time the location will make sense. The service was great. The check in process was quick and the service was above and beyond. The room was spacious and extremely comfortable. I did not want to leave. I ate at the resturant downstairs the food was phenomenal as was the service.

Room Tip: Join the rewards club and you will get the best room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank thedivapreacher
WestinAtlantaAirport, General Manager at The Westin Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Good day,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy we exceeded your expectations. We are happy that our staff was attentive to your needs and we hope we have an opportunity to welcome you again soon for another renewing stay!

Be Inspired!
Bill Henderson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Greenville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Not what I expect being a Silver Preferred Guest. They don't even give you lotion. :(

I called the front desk and asked for additional wash cloths, took 96 minutes. They weren't even busy.

The only good thing is that they are close to the airport.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinAtlantaAirport, General Manager at The Westin Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Good day,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We are disappointed that we failed to provide you with exceptional service during your stay.

Regarding your comments about the time it took to receive the washcloths, we are very sorry. We have reviewed your experience with our Director of Operations to insure of staff is retrained and your experience is not repeated.

Also, there should have been lotion provided as one of the amenities in the bathroom. We will insure this is corrected and these items are being included in all of the rooms.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again soon and restore your faith in our hotel.

apari002
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here twice within the span of one week. First visit; great customer service, great, clean room, great overall stay. Second visit: VAST difference. 1st room issued smelled like an ashtray, 2nd room issued smelled like a sewage pipe burst had occurred, 3rd room finally was clean and didn't have a stench (PURE room, so credit goes to PURE, and not to the Westin). Final room was not stocked with toiletries and the pool that had been so enjoyable on the 1st visit was disgustingly dirty and unstocked with towels even after 30 minutes of calling for more towels. I am a fairly easy travel guest for hotels, I don't ask for much. I don't think other guests do either. And btw, I am supposedly at the highest level member of the SPG rewards program. As other SPG members may be able to testify, platinum does not really mean much to SPG. Although, I need to clarify that the few customer service personnel that tried to assist this situation were nothing but polite. But polite never solves anything. Clean up your act SPG/Westin...its filthy.

Room Tip: Get a PURE room if you want an actual clean room. Disappointing that it comes to that.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank apari002
WestinAtlantaAirport, General Manager at The Westin Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Good day,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visits to Atlanta. We are sorry that we failed to provide you with exceptional service on both stays.

Regarding your comments about the condition of the rooms you were assigned, we are sorry they were not properly cleaned and inspected prior to your arrival. We appreciate how unsettling this was for you. We expect each of our guestrooms to be immaculate and are disappointed your experience was an exception.

We value you as one of our loyal Starwood Preferred Platinum guests and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again soon to restore your faith in our hotel.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

After pre-paying for rooms, my coworker and I showed up a bit late (11:30pm) after a client dinner to find they didn't have rooms for either of us. They offered to try and find us rooms at other properties, but that's just not acceptable. We finally got a room to share, which was nothing great, seemed like an old conference room that had a murphy bed and a roll a way bed. Definitely not what I expect from a Westin, and I've stayed at a lot of them around the world.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Good day Paul B,

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not have two available rooms for you and your colleague. When you arrived some guests did not checkout as expected. This left us short of rooms. Because you had a confirmed reservation we would have located a room for you, paid for the room and provided transportation for you. We understand that you decided to share a room with your colleague instead. We appreciate this was an unsettling experience for you.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again and restore your faith in our hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is supposed to be a higher end brand and I expected higher standards. The room appeared clean until I found a ball of hair on the floor and the trash can had not been emptied. Room was comfortable and I slept well as I was exhausted from driving. Bathroom mirror has super bright lights that are blinding.

Parking costs $16 a night. There are other newer and nicer hotels in the vicinity that charge less than half that amount.

Parking lot is on a lower level and there is no wheelchair access to the hotel. You would have to go up a flight of stairs either indoors or out. If you have luggage to bring from your car to the hotel entrance, you will have to haul it up the stairs. Only way for wheelchair access is to drop off at the main entrance.

I stayed here at a discount rate so price was right. I will not stay here at the regular room rate as there are better choices in close proximity.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Good day Deepslumber,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to share your comments with us. We are disappointed we failed to meet your expectations.

Regarding your comments about your room, we are disappointed it was not cleaned to our usual high standards. We have reviewed your experience with our Housekeeping Manager and action has been taken to insure your experience is not repeated.

Regarding your comments about wheelchair access, we have handicap accessible parking spaces at the front entrance of the hotel that provides a convenient entrance with no stairs. Alternatively, if these spaces are full, we provide complimentary valet parking for our guests requiring accessible parking.

Regarding your comments about our parking charges, we do currently charge $16 for self-parking but work very hard to keep our pricing as competitive with other full-service hotels in the industry who also charge for parking. We will continue to develop our services so our guests leave feeling renewed and refreshed.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again and exceed your expectations.

boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Front desk became combative, unhelpful when I made a simple request to borrow a phone charger. They refused to remedy the situation to my satisfaction.

The main issue here is that in their guest services book left in all the rooms it states if you forget certain items that the hotel would be "happy to provide them". So in my case I was leaving on a plane the next morning at 6:35 AM and I had arrived to the Westin forgetting my cellular phone charger at the previous hotel. The Guest Services Manual left in every room states clearly that the hotel would provide one if I forgot it. When I went downstairs to ask, I was told they don't do that, but they would take my phone into the back office and do something with it there. I did not feel comfortable with that solution since a phone is worth hundreds of dollars. I just needed a simple $10 cellular phone charger to borrow.

So later I called down from my room seeing if this was an anomaly by a poorly trained front desk person, since it is clearly stated they provde them in the guest services book. At that point I received combative attitude on the phone, and was shot down again. Don't they have a box of these things somewhere? Smartertraveler states this is the number one thing left behind by travelers! Not to mention they could buy a stack of universal chargers on Amazon for $10 each and notate the room when lent out. If not returned, the hotel should just charge the room at a premium for them = instant money maker. ..anyway I shouldn't have to think about how to do their job for them. It was just so frustrating that a high level hotel like this is so ill prepared and front desk so uncompromising to a point where it felt combative, especially when they offer this service that they apparently thought I was lying about.

Later I was at Martinis and asked the bartender Lacee if she happened to have a charger I could plug into at the bar. She didn't. She had an iphone (I have an android with standard micro sd adapter). She took it upon herself to go back to the front desk to see if she could borrow one, and basically they told her they would not lend that personal charger to the bar to help me out even though it would be behind the bar and that they knew who I was. They also told her I was wrong that the guest services manual does not say they lend these out. Lacee was quiet for a moment. Not sure what was said about me, but obviously something. Well, I then showed Lacee a photo I took of the guest services book (ATTACHED) where it states "They will be happy to provide a cellular phone charger" and she was surprised, and then very friendly to me once again. I spent a couple hours there with her, and I will say Lacee at Martinis was a shining light of my stay. Love her. The rest of the staff would not budge to help me and were very dismissive. If this were my higher class hotel, I would have sent my staff to the store to buy a universal charger and notify the guest when it was ready to borrow. I would also be apologetic that they did not have one on hand at the time it was requested as stated in the guest services manual.

Good news is that I was able to limp my phone back to Boston with 8% charge, so I was able to contact my ride home at the end of this trip no thanks to The Westin.

Beyond those problems, the only other minor annoyance is that the taps at Martinis were not working. They have been down for two weeks apparently, and when I asked about certain bottled beers they were completely out of Amstel light and Corona and Corona light. In addition there was an old pizza in my refrigerator from the previous guest, but no big deal with those things. I woudn't have gone out of my way to make a fuss. I'm usually very low key traveler that is easy to satisfy. Those issues are not nearly as important as my phone situation, but since I'm here posting about this, I might as well mention them.

I have a attached a photo of the guest services manual which clearly indicates they are "Happy to provide Cellular Phone Chargers" if a guest has forgotten theirs. I have also attached a photo of the pizza from the previous guest's stay.

I haven't been this frustrated at a hotel or treated in this way from a customer service perspective in a very long time. There are big problems here just under the service of the "yes sir", "no sir" verbiage that staff seem to be trained to use.

Bottom line..they didn't like me and it showed very clearly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bigcat2010
Good day,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and share your feedback regarding your stay.

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced because our staff was not as courteous or professional as they should have been. We are disappointd they did not honor your request to borrow a phone charger as stated in our guest services manual. We have many different types of phone chargers kept in our Lost & Found area and we feel confident they should have been able to locate one that would work on your phone. The one behind the front desk belonged to an associate who was not working at the time you were requested to borrow it. It was not the associates property to allow you to use. We appreciate this was an unsettling experience for you and have reviewed our customer service process with our associates to insure they are retrained to Westin's high standards.

We value your feedback and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

From the moment we pulled up to this hotel and had to wait half and hour to pull our car up front (we had a bike that needed to be unloaded off the car) to the long wait to check in, I had negative vibes about this hotel. We checked in and were not offered any platinum amenities but were given a Premium King room on the SPG floor. However when we got to the floor we could hear a party going on as soon as we stepped from the elevator and it happened to be next door to our room. We tried our key but it didn't work. When we went downstairs, we mentioned the party and were moved to a regular king room on another floor. The employees failed to mention that there was a fraternity and sorority reunion at the hotel. The rooms were not well insulated and there were loud people roaming the halls all night long slamming doors and being VERY inconsiderate. We got very little sleep! The following morning, we lad to be out of our room early and wanted a cup of coffee before departing. Again, the service was atrocious! The clerk left "to get supplies" and didn't leave a note nor was there a back-up person present. I would probably not stay in this hotel again unless there were no other rooms nearby. It's very convenient to the airport, the rooms are well appointed but the service level is awful!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisV8
Good day,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Atlanta Airport during your recent visit to Atlanta. It is always a pleasure to have a Platinum member in our hotel. We value your loyalty to Starwood and appreciate you taking some of your valuable time to share your comments with us.

Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced because we failed to provide you with Platinum level service during your stay and for the delay you experienced upon check-in. Your comments have been reviewed with our Director of Operations and action has been taken to insure your experience is not repeated.

We are disappointed you were unable to enjoy a pleasant night's rest because you were disturbed by other guests. We appreciate how unsettling this was for you. Our Security officers are available 24 hours a day and they respond to noise complaints when they are reported. We are sorry if our staff was not as responsive as they should have been and for the interruption to your stay.

We hope you will allow us a future opportunity to welcome you and restore your faith in our hotel.

Bill Henderson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#4 of 26 in College Park
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to The Westin Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!