“Worst hotel I have ever stayed in.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown / Midtown
Ranked #132 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very very unsafe feeling hotel. Prostitutes and sketchy drug addicts hanging around in parking lot and stairwells. Very loud place. Bass coming from cars in parking lot all night. People screaming and banging around all night in their rooms.
Awful place. Great location however.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

America's Best Inn? This has to be America's worst inn or at least Atlanta's worst...

My girlfriend and I came from Portland, OR to visit family in Atlanta. The only reason we stayed at this motel was because we booked it on Hotwire. After experiencing this place I am convinced the only reason this place is still in business is because of Hotwire. We definitely don't recommend anyone stay in this motel.

The carpet was gross and stained. The bedding was stained. Our room's floor and ceiling was stained as if it had recently suffered damage from flooding even though our room was on the second floor. We booked a non-smoking room but the bathroom reeked of cigarettes when we turned ON the fan. It was weird... The toilet continually got clogged even if we were only going pee. Luckily there was a plunger already in the room, though. There were no extra outlets for anything anywhere except one open outlet in the bathroom, and one after I unplugged the clock on the nightstand. There was a mini-fridge and microwave that we didn't use because they were both smelly and dirty. They were at least nice enough to leave a Monster energy drink in the fridge. It had probably been in there for months, though, because the can was soft (wasn't hard from the carbonation because it was partially opened or something).

We unfortunately booked two nights at this place. I wasn't expecting a maid to tidy up the place after our first night but someone actually did, so that was nice.

Anyways, I wasn't expecting an awesome experience at the place going in, but I was expecting a clean room that wasn't disgusting and one that I wasn't afraid to sleep in at night. I kept waking up to sounds of yelling and riffraff outside in the middle of the night. Lots of car door and trunk slamming for some reason. There were also people walking around the motel that didn't look like they were staying here.

So yea, I definitely don't recommend anyone staying in this place until they at least update and clean up the place first.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank codym792
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a basic hotel. yes I probably would not take my family there for a week long vacation but if you are looking for a reasonably priced place to stay for a night or two then it is fine. the decor could definitely do with some repair/updating but the staff were helpful, the grab and go breakfast not bad, and the location good for Amtrak. experienced no problem with the area and even went out at night. your grandmother might not like it but it did what it said on the tin.

Room Tip: the vending machines are in the middle of the rooms. if you want ice stay toward the middle.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank JMoons
Reviewed 21 October 2013

the groom was horrible.floors were so filthy I could not take my shoes off.Rough people staying in the hotel.Elevator did not work.The keys never worked.It was the worse hotel i have ever stayed at.There is not one good positive thing i can say about this hotel.DO not take your family there and honestly bosses who are booking this room for their employees Do not do it.Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired and there was no reason to have so many holes in a blanket.Luckily I brought my own but our partner was stuck with a stained blanket because we could not get another one.The sheets are not fitted so as you sleep the sheets come off the bed.Which I thought was scary due to the 1970 mattresses and all the stains on the mattress.When you sleep on the bed you feel the springs,,,,,,worst stay ever and i would rather sleep on the streets then ever sleep in this place again....o yeah roaches ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jeremy and Rach... T
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is my second time staying in this hotel. It is close to Midtown and DragonCon and very inexpensive in comparison. We called last minute due to a horrible experience in another hotel and even though their website showed them booked the front desk person managed to find us a room. The staff is very accommodating and helpful. I had trouble with the internet and they spent time helping me resolve the issue. It is not a fancy hotel but is clean and in a safe location. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank susie3
Reviewed 12 July 2013

First, asked non smoking got smoking. Second, bug the size of a huge centipede came out while my other guest was using the restroom. Then at 8:30 am a girl was held up at gunpoint(by a shotgun and machine gun) and ha her car stolen in broad daylight. Very very sketchy part of town. Take my advice. Pay the extra 30$ and stay in a nicer area. Please.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Jy2364
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Clean room, very bright parking lot security light, safe, quiet & exceptionally nice and helpful staff...the gentleman even looked up a local restaurant of our choice. No excess amount of noise at night and they also allow for pets, our puppy enjoyed her stay and slept well.

Room Tip: First stay, floor 1 of 3...did see elevator for upper floors
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family