“Great experience”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #71 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Hilton Honors program is definitely worth signing up for. The greeting host at HH check-in was amazing. Very accommodating, nice, and suggested a great restaurant. The hotel has a nice bar and restaurant and is in walking distance from great places on Peachtree.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I found my room and the gym to be very neat and clean every time I come to this hotel. The hotel lobby, bar and the restaurant have recently been updated since September 2013 when I last stay here. I always find the staff to be friendly and very attentive to my needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My sister and I stayed at this Hotel for the weekend, and I must say it wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting it to be on the low-budget side, but I would rank it as a 4-star hotel. The staff was EXCELLENT! Very pleseant! The rooms were more than I expected. I would definitely recommend this hotel! Great location as well!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel was a disappointment. The room was not cleaned daily and the accomodations were not as comfortable as other properties in which I have stayed. The breakfast was very routine and at times they ran out of main items like eggs. When I asked for the late checkout that was advertised, my request was declined. I would not stay at this location again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Karen M,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I do want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. This is not our normal practice. I will be sure to share this with my team members and I will be sure to address the issues you mentioned.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This was a weekend stay..hotel parking here is a complete rip off,$20 a night on top of Everything else they charge for I think was to much, the breakfast isn't worth what they charge and it's not a big verity to choose from..Overall it's a nice and clean hotel but there's a hotel right across the street that could have offered us the exact same thing with lower rates and with better customer service.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Doubletree in Buckhead over the weekend and was VERY disappointed with this hotel. I have always stayed at various Hilton affiliated hotels in multiple cities and after this stay, I never will again. I will also make sure that no friends or family of mine take the chance at staying with one of these hotels again after the problems I have had to deal with after my stay. Our family and friends had three rooms booked with this location this past Saturday night for one night. Two of the three rooms were ready for check in when we arrived, but one of those rooms was supposed to have been ready to check-in at precisely 4:00PM. After our friends waited approximately an hour and a half to be checked-in, they FINALLY got their room. The receptionist at the front desk gave them cards for a free drink at the bar, which was nice; however, it almost caused us to be late for the event we were attending that evening. We moved forward from that and enjoyed our night, then checked out the next day. The following Monday when I checked my bank account online, I found two additional charges of $300 and $50 on my account statement from Doubletree. When I checked in I had to give the front desk a card to put on file for our ONE room personally. The receptionist told me my card would NOT be charged unless we ordered room service or purchased a movie in our room. When I called the hotel that Monday morning to inquire about the charges, I was told that the $50 charge was simply a deposit and it would be returned to my card. It is now Wednesday of the same week, and it is still pending in my account. As for the $300, I was told that the housekeeper reported that our room smelled like smoke; therefore, we were charged $300 for a smoking fee in a non-smoking room. NO ONE SMOKED IN OUR ROOM! I told the receptionist that I was not going to be paying for that charge because I was 110% certain no one had smoked in our room because quite frankly, I can’t stand the smell of cigarette smoke and I have asthma so I can’t be around it anyways! She said she would speak to someone about it and get back to me. Within five minutes she returned my call and said that the manager told her the charge would not be reversed. I asked to then speak with the manager and I was told there was not one available at the time, but I could leave them a voicemail to return my call. I told the receptionist that I expected her to give the manager a message to return my call within the next 30 minutes to an hour, and I also left a voicemail where the receptionist directed my call to. An hour and a half later, I had still not heard back from someone, so I called again. The same receptionist answered the phone and I told her who I was again and that I needed to speak with a manager immediately. She said she was going to put me on hold to get the manager, then hung up on me! Infuriated at this point, I called the corporate office. The corporate office emailed the general manager of the hotel we stayed at with my dispute concerning the smoking fee charged to my card and I was told they had 72 hours to respond to my claim. It has been 48 and I have yet to hear from the hotel. I do not appreciate the way this situation has been handled and am thoroughly disappointed that although they have 72 to get back to me, they should make customer service their main priority. The company I work for has hundreds of employees that travel to our office in Atlanta on a regular basis. We have used this hotel in the past, and I can assure that no one with our company will be using this place again if something doesn’t get resolved rather quickly. In this economy, I can’t afford to all of a sudden be out of $350. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Room Tip: Don't bother getting a room here, it's not worth the hassle.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great place. Attentive staff. loved my stay. They made me feel welcome. Breakfast was included in my package and it was better then most. The hotel is well ran and super clean. Rooms were very comfortable and in new condition. The location of the Hotel is great, there is a great stake house within walking distance, (Ruth Cris) Cine Bristo not too far from here. Overall great relaxing experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple