“business or pleasure” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
buckhead, United States
“business or pleasure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

this is more of a business hotel then pleasure. the breakfast food is ok if you take the buffet. the lighting in the room was mediocre. they using the energy bulbs, but they have the wrong wattage so very dim. overall it was just ok.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Gainesville, FL, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The staff is very responsive, pleasant. My room was lovely, comfortable. I was disappointed in the cleanliness of the bathroom. There was hair on the walls of the shower. When I went to use the water glass it had a smudged, dried, caked fingerprint on the glass. I used the paper cups instead.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Hedy M,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I apologize that we were almost perfect. It is our culture that we exceed our guest’s expectations. I will be sure and share this with my team.

All the best,
Lexington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is located well. There are many places to eat and shop within walking distance of the hotel. I was disappointed that my room was not made up after my first night there. (bed unmade) It seemed like there were not enough employees present in the lobby. I felt like I was waiting a lot for hotel employees to appear so that I could get my car from valet or check out.

fort wayne, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

It was great - friendly people, clean nice room. I traveled by myself, but felt safe & secure. It was quiet and comfortable. Staff was very helpful. Food at the bar was very good. Nice visit. The fact that I can't leave a good review without 200 words is a bit ridiculous. I have nothing else to say & if I didn't work in a service industry that relies on reviews, I wouldn't complete this at all....that could be changed.. I don't feel like writing an essay to say I had a good experience. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Michelle C,

Thank you for your comments. I will be sure to share this with our team. Thank you for making my weekend! We hope to see you again in the near future.
durhm, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

the location of the hotel was great. good service and clean room. $20 got missing from my room while I was in the hotel gym... not a good feeling. The drink machine did not work outside my room so the housekeeper (supervisor) got me a drink from the restaurant.. good service.. DoubleTree cookies are the best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Hi Jamal T,

Thank you for taking time to write on your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback. Please accept my apology for your missing item. I hope you were able to locate it after you checked out. Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was at the Doubletree Buckhead (Atlanta) for a weekend getaway, and was thoroughly disappointed because I clearly picked the wrong weekend for rest and relaxation there. The hotel is nice, but the loud jackhammer noises late in the evening and early in the morning made it a terrible experience for trying to rest and relax. I couldn't even enjoy watching a movie in my room because of the amount of noise. Late into the night, it sounded like someone was in the room above me exercising or doing aerobics and the pounding noise (on the ceiling) went on late into the night/early morning. I awoke the next morning, checked out, and found another place to relax before returning home. Again, even though it was a very nice hotel and great staff/service, the "experience" was not good for me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rochester Hills, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great hotel with an attentive and friendly staff. Rooms are updated and the beds are very comfortable. I found the location to be outstanding with many places to eat and shop within walking distance. Their breakfast buffet is adequate, not great. For $15, you can find a better value within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Daniel R,

Thank you for the positive feedback on your recent stay. The staff really appreciates hearing these. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.