“A Grand Stay”

Ranked #75 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Fairfax, Virginia
“A Grand Stay”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, Georgia for a few days last week. I was there visiting family and seeing local sites. The Hotel staff was excellent and very attentive to my needs. The food is excellent and everyone is friendly and cordial. You feel like you are home when you come in the front door.

Room Tip: Express your desires to the person working at the check in desk and they will meet your needs.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay with me and your fellow travelers. Reading this made my day! Your business is very important to us. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This Hotel far exceeded my expectations. The staff was extremely helpful and were receptive to my needs. This hotel has an excellent location, close to the airport and places to visit and has excellent food and the fitness center is great. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Augustaboy,

I want to thank you for the comments you shared with me regarding your stay. I will be sure to share this with the team. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the near future
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Staff was great, very helpful! Had a couple of issues with them having our check out date wrong, but everything worked out. The issues I have are very minor (lighting in bathroom too dark, etc), but that wouldn't keep me from coming back to this hotel. It looked like they had updated the rooms, very pretty and modern, loved it!! Would recommend this hotel. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Titusville, NJ
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at this property in April for 5 days on business.
The location is pretty decent, in the heart of Buckhead. You can walk to the MARTA station, as well as a lot of offices, restaurants and shops/malls.
The property generally is in decent shape, although not the most modern decor. As some other reviewers have mentioned the lighting in the bathroom isn't as bright as it could be. The mirror above the washbasin is recessed quite far, and that combined with the dim lighting means you can't really tell just how much makeup you're applying. I had a king room which was small but more than adequate. Minor complaint: the coffee maker beeps quite loudly when it's done; I could imagine people hearing that in the room next door, and it seems so unnecessary.
There is a very small fitness room, however it is well-equipped with modern machines, yoga mat and weights, and was not busy when I visited.
The breakfast buffet was more than adequate, featuring warm and cold selections, including fresh fruit, however - as most hotel breakfasts - was somewhat overpriced at $15.
Internet was included in my rate, which was the standard Hilton one, so I would assume it would be free for everyone.
As other reviewers have mentioned, I did notice that housekeeping was still working on the rooms quite late into the evening (past 6pm), but my room was always done by the time I returned from work.
What I was particularly pleased about was that when I discovered a couple of days after I left that I had left a pair of trousers in the closet, housekeeping returned my call and left them with the front desk for me to pick up the next week (I happened to be close by). When I stopped by to pick them up, the front desk staff were very friendly and insisted on giving me a couple of their famous Doubletree cookies. Who could say no to that!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Macon`, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel was nice, but would have liked a refrigerator and free wifi. the way that this hotel is set up with the elevators at one end, it is a long walk to the elevators and to the ice machine. I wish that at lease the ice machine could have been more centered.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Hoover, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

On the morning of May 6, 2014, the maid came by and asked if this was checkout day. We said no and she was preparing to leave when my wife asked if she was going to make the beds. The maid said that they normally do not, but she would. She did that, but did not replace the towels used, nor clean the coffee pot or remove the used packet. The information we were given at the time of check-in said that was done each day. The information card in the room did not list the correct channels for the TV.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Floyd H

Thank you for sharing your comments with me and your fellow travelers. I want to apologize for the service issue you encountered. I can assure you this is not a normal practice. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you in the near future.
Geneva, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

During my stay for a business trip, my colleagues received free breakfast coupons upon check in and I didn't. It wasn't until we were having breakfast that I was aware I was supposed to have a coupon in order to have the "FREE" breakfast. I did however go to the front desk and after much research and having to look up my colleagues package did she realize I was too supposed to receive the breakfast coupons, so she did give me those. On the other hand, she said we were supposed to have "FREE" wifi service as well, but when my colleague called down to the front desk on the first night, she was told that wifi service was $9.95. What a mess up!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jennifer C,

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to tell us about your stay. I apologize for the mix up on the breakfast. I can understand how frustrating that can be. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the near future.