“Housekeeping has some issues...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #70 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Check the cleanliness of your bathroom before you open your bags. If it is dirty, ask for another room rather than waiting for them to clean it... Also, stay on the side of the hotel that is away from the parking garage. The waste truck comes in the middle of the night and causes a ruckus. You'll be lucky to sleep through it.

Thank W. Jarratt B
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This particular location was a location that was a "host" hotel for the Peachtree Road Race this is why I booked the hotel also I love Doubletree beds. However it did not accommodate a runner at all. If this hotel is to be a"host" hotel then the following need to be considered. Seeing that room service does not start until 7am and Runners are usually out of the hotel by 7am and need to eat before they run an runner has to bring their own food. It is highly suggested that you have a refrigerator and microwave for each "runner" rooms so that they can have breakfast prior to their run. For me I have a triple stack of frozen pancakes that are warmed up in the microwave for breakfast. I went to kroger across the street to buy my food and then quickly realized that I was unable to keep the food cold or fresh due to no refrigerator/freezer. Also I normally have my personal blender with me with my protein shake and frozen fruit, and yogurt and I could not have this because of no refrigerators/freezers. Again not accommodating for a runner. Also if people are staying at the hotel for a Run automaticly ask them if they would like a late check out of 2pm so that they can come back to the room after the run and shower prior to driving home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Parking $20 per day. Internet $10 per day. No refrigerator, no microwave.
Dexter at the lobby is very good man!
They didn't cancel my second night, but I gave them a notice about changes, because we waited 1.5 hour at the lobby only for check in (with young child!). They charged me for 2 nights, and I asked booking.com WHY? They emailed me: "We have contacted the hotel to ask for your refund for the second night , unfortunately they have said that they give the money back only in case of emergency and they do not have any notes about your case."

1  Thank Iurii R
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Awful experience. Part of a large wedding party durign the 4th of July weekend - we all booked rooms ahead of time. Rooms were not ready on time had to well beyond 6pm to get our room and our room was not cleaned for days after check in. We saw hotel staff cleaning rooms at midnight! My watch was stolen from the room as well. Horrible, unaccommodating staff.

1  Thank Deepa S
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Arrived at 3pm to check-in for a wedding that evening, but the rooms weren't ready. Thought no big deal I'll just go to the pool, but there is no pool on site (have to shuttle to gym in the area). Rooms were still not ready at 6pm so I yelled at the manager and he gave us some other room. Made me late to the wedding that I was a groomsmen. Walls are thin and doors slam shut loudly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 542patrickl
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was crazy packed and rooms were not available until as late as 5:30!!! The staff compensated with handing out more cookies and free ice cream. There were people in the lobby camped out with their bags which was kind of annoying. Otherwise the hotel is located in a cozy location near shops and a variety of food options.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We cannot say enough good things about our stay at the Doubletree Buckhead. We read the reviews of the hotel prior to booking and are puzzled with some of the complaints. It is a lovely hotel. Our room was beautifully designed and appointed in a modernist tradition. The hotel staff and the housekeeping staff were quite friendly and hospitable. It was within walking distance to the Marta station and Lenox Mall. We were there Friday through Sunday morning and, during that time, did not get our car out of valet parking because of the multiple entertainment venues and restaurants around the hotel. It has a great location - in sort of cul de sac off of Peachtree. Loved the hotel and expect to return again.