“Overall a good stay, but breakfast suffers....”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #75 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Nashville, Tennessee
“Overall a good stay, but breakfast suffers....”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Overall a good place.....the rooms we're clean and fairly up to date....it's in a great location, if not a little hard to find.....

I've only hot one gripe....Friday during my stay I go downstairs for breakfast at 9:00. There's all of 3 people eating in the dining room....I lay my iPad on a table...get a few items off the buffet....eat....FINALLY someone comes by my table to buss my plate and I have to ASK for some water.....I'll admit I wasn't there all that long...maybe 20 minutes total....but I was never asked, until after I was finished did I need anything.....I don't think I was alone, guy behind me ordered an omelet that never arrived either.....

Outside of that bad experience it was all good.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dunwoody, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We just wanted to get away overnight and experience Buckhead at night. The hotel was centrally located for where we were going. We had a great stay. the staff was friendly. There was a band playing in one of the rooms after we ate dinner, so we went in and enjoyed the music. We will stay there again.

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Recently booked travel at this property for a training course for five members of our staff. "Ms. Abby" handled my reservations and provided the most excellent customer service and was also willing to provide the original group rate (even though I missed planning the reservations one day after the group rate was set to expire). Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the property for a overnight get away to enjoy the city. We were great with warn greetings from valet parking to our guest rooms. The property is very clean and the staff is excellent. The rooms are very clean and the food was good. Overall, the accommodations is great for the price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had a great experience. When people don't know I work in hotels, I always wonder what customer really looks like. The team at Double Tree Buckhead was awesome. Everyone from the doormen, and front desk, to the breakfast crew and housekeepers were very friendly. What I thought that made everyone friendly was conversation. Front desk didn't JUST check me in, she made me laugh and she was very pleasant. After a long drive from Maryland to Atlanta, we received a very warm welcome. We met a woman from Silver Spring area that was very nice and caring, great conversation with her as well.

Craig Clinkscales

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mountain Home, AR
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel in the Buckhead area. We stayed there due to an overbooking error by Travelocity at the down town Doubletree. They booked us here and it was very nice. The rooms were clean, staff was nice and it was good. The Fire Alarm did get abused at 2:30 AM and the wakeup call at 6:30 was not set by us, someone probably missed theirs. Otherwise we were pleased with the stay.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Awesome hotel. Staff is very friendly-via phone they gave directions when our GPS could not locate hotel. Great service. Rooms are very upscale and clean! Hotel is in a beautiful part of Buckhead. Great within walking distance to retail and night life.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends