“Great rooms, mediocre service, parking warning”

Hyatt Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #57 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Hyatt Midtown is a new property that I intentionally sought out as the company is known for its great service. The rooms are very well appointed with modern design and stunning bathrooms. Room service was also punctual and very good, but unfortunately this great service did not extend to the restaurant. I waited for 15 minutes with staff in abundance for my order to be taken and finally left because I needed to get on the road. A warning also about self-parking - it is on the 9th floor of an adjoining structure and there is no elevator access, so drop your bags at the front desk or you will be hauling them down the stairs to take the 8th floor elevator.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lambjr
Alyse S, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Isaac Leonards
Front Office Manager.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Atlanta Midtown

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I was here for Dragoncon and enjoyed the Hotel. Although I stayed elsewhere, I spent most of my time here and found the convention facilities excellent. Despite the crazy crowds until all hours of the night, the staff were helpful and friendly. It is rare the staff at the hotel make a con better but I think in this case they did.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Isaac leonards

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We visited Atlanta to visit our son and daughter in law, who live in the heart of Midtown. This hotel has a great location. There are tons of restaurants and attractions within walking distance. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did not use the restaurant or bar because we were there for only one night and there are so many other choices outside the hotel. The room was very clean and newly renovated. The lobby was quite modern with some great sofas and chairs. We stayed on the second floor facing 10th street and we did not have any problems with noise. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Midtown Atlanta!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank You.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

It is about 1 1/2 blocks from METRA Midtown station and a good choice from the airport and for downtown activities; Rooms were very spacious and hotel was quiet, despite being fully booked. Front desk staff very friendly and accommodating. Very good restaurant adjacent to hotel.

Safe in room did not work and calls to front desk went unanswered with multiple rings before simply ignoring issue. Front desk was very busy with convention and full house.

Room Tip: Had a suite but did not use sitting area at all.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gunflint1
Alyse S, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

gunflint1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to put a review on Tripadvisor for us! We greatly appreciate the opportunity to have you as a valued guest. I want to apologize about the in room safe not working correctly and the front desk not getting the call. We will be sure to address the issue immediately. I will private message you shortly.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel as nice and bigg... the employees was helpful...the room was big and roomy.. I can say this was a best hotel I ever stayed in and would recommend it... Atlanta is a beautiful city... the food was ok wasnt to excited about it but there was a restaurant right acroos the way

• Stayed: March 2013
Alyse S, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Carla1018,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy to read reviews such as yours because this is exactly what we aim for. I am excited to share the reveiw with the entire team! We look forward to welcoming you back on property on your next trip to Atlanta!

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked in, we received great service throughout the hotel. The room was spacious and so was the bathroom. I loved the sensored light on the night stand that turned on when I got out of bed so I wasn't wandering in the dark trying to find the bathroom. I usually don't care for hotels' in door swimming pool but this one looked pretty nice I might have to check it out next time I'm in town.

We didn't eat at the restaurant but went to the bar for couple drinks before we went out to dinner. Nice TVs (which my husband appreciated) and nice music.

Definitely recommend this hotel. And you can't beat the location.

• Stayed: August 2013

Moka_Chai,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are very proud of our new hotel and the pool and bar you mention are two of my favorite areas! I am personally happy to read how much you enjoyed the music, as I had a helping hand in picking out the playlists! We hope to see you very soon and welcome you back on property!

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

If you need a quiet room, stay elsewhere. You can hear neighbor noise and anytime they close a cabinet or door, it's super loud. The windows didn't block street noise from the 8 th floor.Hotel is newly remodeled, so that is nice, but the noise will make this my first and last stay here. I slept with earplugs after a while of the continuous loudness...

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank stephanie p
Alyse S, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Stephanie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I was sad to read you will not be trying us again. We certainly aim to make sure each guests has a wonderful and peaceful stay with us. We would love the opportunity to have you back with us on a lower floor facing the opposite direction of the street to help reduce the street noise. We hope to be of service to you in the future and redeem your business.