“Nice hotel in Midtown” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Tampa, Florida
“Nice hotel in Midtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Very pleasant stay! The hotel is brand new and it feels brand new. Our room was very nice, spacious, clean, nice bed, had everything we needed . Rooms are quite modern, Great location in the midtown , close to Piedmont park. Price was good. Tip: worth upgrading your room to have breakfast included. We paid $160 with breakfast for two comparing to $150 without breakfast.

Cons: they charge for Wifi.. come one!
Something that annoyed me.. they are still either finishing working on it, or were painting, but there were two ropes hanging from the roof on front of the building and with the wind the ropes were hitting against the wall and it was very loud! I had hard time falling asleep. We were only staying two nights, otherwise I would have asked to move.
Stayed November 2013

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank O J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is in a great location in midtown. And for those of you that are interested it is about a block from Blake's. The property is newly renovated and they did a great job! The customer service was GREAT everywhere including the Valet. The only down fall is the bar program. They can make a great vodka soda or gin and tonic but don't venture away from those. The bartenders just need a little more training but they were very nice. I suggest requesting a corner room on the 10th side otherwise you may have a great view of the parking garage.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 10th st side and preferably on the corner.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jaymeswd
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I've stayed here twice when I didn't feel like driving home after a night of partying. I've stayed in a regular guest room and a sutie. The hotel is very modern and the rooms are a great size. The hotel is very clean and it's close to many restaurants, public transportaion and nightlife. The price is nice as well. Yes, there is a parking fee if you valent. The alternative is to park behind the hotel on the street.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank glamtrav
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed a few days and the valet guys were awesome. Jason and sebijan were very helpful with getting me and taxi and information about the area. They were fast and always polite. Boris at the front desk was extremely helpful and polite. I would stay here again definatley.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Alyse S, Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear valued guest,

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 404-917-2722.

Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

First time in Atlanta. Since we were using MARTA, I sought a hotel that was on the airport line but also close to the High Art Museum and the Mitchell House. The 10th street-just-off-Peachtree location hit the mark. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient even though the hotel was crowded (and eventually sold out due to a terrific $99 rate). We stayed on the 10th floor and while our view was of a parking deck, we preferred that to 10th street since we were concerned about street noise. The 2 Queens room was quite spacious--large enough for an alcove area with 2 large club chairs, a small table, and a very good reading lamp. Comfortable beds, refrigerator, functional (and cool) bedside reading lights, and large flat screen TV. Bathroom not as large compared to the rest of the guest room but clean and nicely appointed.

High marks for guest friendly service: the maid gave us extra toothpaste and the bar staff not only opened a bottle of wine for me (that I sipped in the room) but gave me small creamers and a spoon since the in-room coffee set up came only with packaged powdered creamer/stir stick. At check out, we were able to securely store luggage at no charge.

I would have rated this property Excellent if the room decor were slightly more trendy (more colors, patterns) and if everything was in tip top shape (a door stop was broken and a bulb was out in a nightlight) but these are very minor and will probably be fixed after the hotel has been in operation for a full 3 months. For the price, it was Excellent and I will return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1020--near the elevator but didn't hear it at all. No view but also no street...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank wrpcons
Dear valued guest,

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

This looks to be a nearly brand-new hotel, so it was no surprise that everything in my room looked pristine. The room had one feature that I particularly enjoyed -- some motion-activated lights on the bedside tables, so that any time I walked around at night some night lights fired up. My new room was a bit short of clothes hangers for my tastes, but after I notified the front desk the hotel remedied the situation right away.

Generally I was quite happy with the service. The valet guys were super nice and quick, and the members of the front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Just about every staff member I saw said hello and (if the situation seemed to warrant it) asked if I needed anything. Even the guys who were doing some light construction-type work on the second floor smiled and said hello. Really, I was thrilled with the service by and large. However, there was one glaring exception to the quality of service.

My first morning in the hotel, I found the restaurant to be exactly what I wanted -- a place to grab a relatively quick but filling breakfast. Service was prompt (including the much-needed coffee refills any time my cup got low), and the full buffet was delicious and reasonably priced. As other reviewers have noted, the fruit at the buffet was fresh, and the berries in particular were to die for. I'm not really a pastry guy, but for those who love pastries for breakfast the selection looked mighty tasty.

In contrast to a great experience at breakfast the first morning (a Thursday), the second morning (a Friday) was just the opposite. It took nearly 5 minutes before anyone working in the restaurant even noticed me -- puzzling given that there was only one other patron in the place. To all appearances the server had wandered out of the restaurant and wasn't paying much attention to the shop.

Not wanting to trust my schedule to a server who had disappeared for a while, I decided to have the buffet again. (Too bad -- the menu was short but looked very interesting.) However, when I got to the buffet it was entirely different from what it had been the day before -- the hot foods were missing, for example. (What's the deal with that? Can't the restaurant put something on the menu explaining what kind of buffet is available on what day(s)?) I went back to my seat and waited to order off the menu, but the server was too busy gabbing with some other restaurant employees to worry about me.

So there were three restaurant employees chatting, while one of the two patrons in the restaurant cooled his heels at his table. I gave up and walked out. [NOTE: The review before mine noted exactly the same problem -- a delay in the restaurant so long that the customer walked out. The restaurant looks to be the "weak link" in the hotel.]

Since the hotel restaurant was effectively AWOL, I asked the nice young ladies at the front desk for recommendations. Thanks to them, I discovered the Flying Biscuit restaurant down the street. Breakfast all day, and it's delicious (although word is that sometimes it gets very crowded, i.e., lines out the door.) If the hotel restaurant's staff is asleep, don't waste your time -- head to the Biscuit.

There were some other minor issues that didn't affect me much but might be worthy of note. First, there seemed to be no "express" checkout option. The usual draft bill slipped under the door didn't show up, so that when I got to the front desk to check out, things were starting from scratch. Second, it didn't take long from when I ordered my car to when the valets brought it out, but the space available for cars in front of the hotel is limited, and I can see a risk (granted, I'm speculating to some degree here) of a bottleneck when the hotel gets crowded.

Finally, there was some construction on 10th Street outside of the hotel. On a Saturday morning before 9 am, there was jackhammering or the like just outside my second floor window. This was work on the streets -- i.e., the city's doing, and beyond the hotel's control -- and had the look of a short-term project. I'd imagine that this work is just about done by now, but someone who's thinking of staying in the hotel might want to ask about it before checking in for a "sleep in" leisure visit. Come to think of it, late noise doesn't bother me, but 10th Street can be kind of noisy even without the construction. For real quiet, a room away from the 10th St side of the hotel might be better.

Room Tip: 10th Street side can be noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jimbo870
Dear valued guest:

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Hyatt Midtown is a new property that I intentionally sought out as the company is known for its great service. The rooms are very well appointed with modern design and stunning bathrooms. Room service was also punctual and very good, but unfortunately this great service did not extend to the restaurant. I waited for 15 minutes with staff in abundance for my order to be taken and finally left because I needed to get on the road. A warning also about self-parking - it is on the 9th floor of an adjoining structure and there is no elevator access, so drop your bags at the front desk or you will be hauling them down the stairs to take the 8th floor elevator.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lambjr
Alyse S, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 30 September 2013

Front Office Manager.