“A poor excuse for Hyatt”

Hyatt Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #55 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Chicago, Illinois
“A poor excuse for Hyatt”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We've been at this hotel for four nights and it's really a third rate hotel, at it's best. Housekeeping has been horrible: the room and especially the bathroom is filthy, the staff never replaces missing supplies (soap, toilet paper, water) unless you specifically ask. I finally just called to complain about the fact that they took our bathroom rugs and never replaced them, and what did they do? They sent up someone with more towels! The street noise from Peachtree is also easy to hear at night, although we hardly blame the staff for that. Bottom line: stay somewhere else in mid-town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Coolcoops
Cathy M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Coolcoops, Thank you for your honest feedback about your experience at our hotel. My apologies for the cleanliness issues...no excuses! We have set high standards and should always be providing a clean, cared for guestroom and hotel experience. I appreciate the candor and will pass on to our Housekeeping department. Thank you for being a customer of Hyatt and hope you will give us another try in future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Ooltewah, TN
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Great location for midtown. A little bit of a walk to the Fox, but certainly not difficult at all. Found our room to be very clean. It was comfortable and did not feel cramped. Would stay here again.

We self parked in the garage a street behind the hotel for half the price. That garage does not have in and out, but that worked for us. Plenty of places to eat within easy walking distance. My only wish is that they had later room service. It ends at 10pm. That seemed pretty early for a Saturday night.

Staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robert37363
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were in Atlanta for our son's wedding. We could not have stayed at a better place. Starting with Cameron when we were booking our hotel rooms to Asia, Boris and Andre at the front desk. I can not leave out Kevin and the wonderful valet staff. They were all great!!! I had the most beautiful room looking over down town Atlanta and it was walking distance to so many places. The staff treated me and my family just like we were part of their family. Thank you so much for such a wonderful week.

Tinker Lanier

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tinker L
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed at this property two times this week. Don't ask how/why. Let me just say that it had to do with a stay-cation and spring break. Both times, the service was great and the overall experience was wonderful. They have a nice dining room and they go out of their way to please. On the lower level is an indoor, heated saline pool. No horrible chlorine smell. Perfect for smaller crowd. Within walking distance is the Flying Biscuit (which is a wonder little restaurant that I have been going to for years).

Room Tip: Someone else mentioned this, stay awa from 10th street if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DKH-Work
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Everything about this hotel I liked. Comfortable bed, nice linens, great, modern bathroom, nice layout, really great view with lots of light. Great, convenient location - walking distance to many restaurants, shopping, attractions, etc. Convenient to MARTA and the highways too. But, I highly advise against staying in the 10th Street corner rooms unless you enjoy being awakened several times in the night by the firetrucks coming and going from the firehouse on the same block as the hotel. We asked for the quietest room they could give us, and while we were away from the elevators, vending and ice machines, stairs, etc - there is just no getting away from those sirens.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 10th Street corner are at the mercy of the firetrucks coming and going from the fire st...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeri_Rowland
Cathy M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hi Jeri_Rowland,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide some great feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you know, we are located in a very vibrant and hip area of the city. The downside is that the noises of the city that make it so vibrant can be amplified in the evening when you are trying to get a good nights' sleep. I am excited to tell you that we have listened! We are now providing all guests with a set of earplugs to allow for a peaceful and tranquil nights' sleep. We hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Atlanta so you can enjoy the view... without the noise.
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel was marvelous. Very friendly and they could not do enough for me. The hotel is on the contemporary side. The room was very clean adequate in amenities and spaciousness - nothing over the top. The location was excellent for my purposes. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Travels101
Cathy M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words, Travels101. We welcome you back next time you're in town!!
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I purchased a travelzoo coupon for the Hyatt Hotel Midtown Atlanta when I tried to use it all rooms were booked so the coupon expired . The hotel is required to at a minimum give me credit on my room for the coupon amount. First I was told I could cancel the reservation up untill 4pm the date of arrival since I made my reservation so late , NOT TRUE!! I got charged full amount for the room 172 dollars and now they wont credit the travelzoo coupon amount . So people stay away from travelzoo and if Hyatt tells you something on the phone make sure tehy follow up with an email or that you record the conversation. THANKS HYATT AND TRAVELZOO, if i had 172 to throw away I wouldnt be using coupons

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rita N
Alyse S, Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Ms. Rita N,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a TripAdvisor review for all of us here at the Hyatt Atlanta Midtown Hotel. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have an extraordinary stay with us during your visit to Atlanta. I would like to discuss this further with you so we can get all the information and make sure that we, as an organization, learn from this experience. My email is yuki.yahata@hyatt.com