“Beware”

Hyatt Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #53 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel three weeks ago and was physically attacked on hotel property, while the night manager and valet attendants stood by and watched. 3 adult men who are Hyatt employees watched me get attacked on hotel property and neither offered assistance nor called the police. To add insult to injury, after the assailant was pulled away, the night manager began yelling at me instead of calling the police or asking if I was ok. In addition, after the encounter, I could hear the valet attendants and night manager making fun of me on the other side of the entrance. All of this was caught on tape by the Hyatt security cameras. The next morning, the day manager apologized... While the apology was appreciated, the whole situation was inexcusable and I will never stay at a Hyatt again! I advise that others beware.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Traveller1234560

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I love that this hotel is in the he center of everything. You can walk out and have easy access to fine and casual dining, transportation, ect.

The hotel was pretty clean other than to slight stinch near the elevators but im sure that couldve been due to a guest or unrelated to the hotel. Loved the rooms and the staff were so sweet and helpful.

Will def stay there again :)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a great location. I enjoyed walking in the area. There were restaurants, museums and lots of shopping. The staff was excellent. They also have a salt water pool and great fitness center. Went here on the Marta from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Check I'm was fast and flawless. Rooms are smallish but very we'll appointed. The design and ambience I'd this hotel are really spectacular, with the big golden sculpture in the middle. The gum is excellent, let's of cardio machines and nice televisions.

Concierge service was very helpful. Rooms were spotlessly clean, very good housekeeping. I was there for a conference, and the catering was among the best I've had for a banquet. First class hotel, would give it 4.5 if I could.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city, rather than one facing the other towers. Otherwise, no priva...
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Seems like this hotel has been re-done recently. Had to initially change rooms because the first room smelled like smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room. The people at reception were very nice and accommodating and very apologetic. Rooms are nice -- clean with new bathrooms. Junior suite has a small room without windows when you enter then bathroom then bedroom. Beds are fine...nothing great. Restaurant for breakfast was underwhelming. A colleague ordered the oatmeal and after 20 minutes we had to ask twice what the delay was. The restaurant was not busy ... maybe 6 tables with maybe a total of 15 people. The waitress finally came over and said they had just started preparing it. For one night in Atlanta the hotel is perfectly fine, good location (if your business is in Midtown) and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Hyatt Midtown Atlanta for both a business and pleasure trip. We can't say enough about the accommodations and service! Here are my observations:
> Staff: Excellent
> We engaged with everyone from the greeters at the front door that parked our car, check-in staff, greeters in lobby, housekeeping, engineering (met in elevator--didn't need them but made us feel they were there for us), dining room and bar staff. All of them were exceptional.
> Facilities: Excellent
> Very comfortable and well appointed. Loved the amenities, coffee in room, lighting (especially night lights), shower - thanks for putting the shower control away from the shower head (what a great idea). It was easy to reach and you could get the water the perfect temperature before getting in and without getting wet.
> Location: Excellent
> Perfect since we headed north, east and south of Midtown. Easy access to the highway. We felt very comfortable walking in the area. Great restaurants including the Hyatt's. We were not that familiar with Atlanta but now feel we selected the perfect place to stay.
> Restaurant/Bar: Excellent
> The food was great but the service made it wonderful. What a nice group of people! They really made us feel welcomed.
> We will be back and will always recommend the Hyatt Midtown Atlanta--a 10+ in our book!

2  Thank Sandy D
Cathy M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Sandy D,
WOW!! Thank you so much for a wonderful review! We are so happy that you and your husband had such a wonderful stay with us. Many thanks for the delightful comments and especially for taking the time to acknowledge our efforts to maintain exceptional levels of service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Atlanta Midtown soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed 2 nights there after a business trip in Atlanta. They upgraded me to a very big room, nice view. The hotel is brand new, the staff was nice, big bathroom and big bed. The sofa corner was nice as well.
I would come back