Hyatt Atlanta Midtown
US$244
US$209
  • Pool
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center(Atlanta)
US$236
US$126
US$118
US$361
  • Room Service
All reviewsfire stationpiedmont parkflying biscuitcorner roomrestaurants and barsvalet staffself parkingconvenient locationroom was spaciousindoor poolbusiness tripmidtownmartaelevatorgarageuberfox
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Friday night. Hundreds of cancelled flights in Atlanta. Total chaos at the airport. All the nearby hotels are booked. I called Hyatt Place to find a room, they were full but suggested the Hyatt Midtown, available by MARTA. We opted for a cab, which took about 10 minutes, $40 cab or limo fare. We walked in weary, without luggage and we're greeted warmly by the bell and desk staff. The lobby and restaurant are gorgeous, sophisticated and sleek. Our room was just great and there was a check list of toiletry items one might need. We checked off several things and took it to the front desk. Then we had a delicious meal in the restaurant. (please try the fried green tomatoes!). When we went back to the room, the toiletries we'd requested were waiting. We settled into our super soft bedding and had a wonderful nights rest. The midtown area is full of bars and fun places, though we didn't get a chance to visit them. I would definitely go back to this hotel to check out the area and enjoy some gracious southern hospitality. A

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kansasbird
Cathy M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Kansas Bird,
We are so happy that you found respite at the Hyatt Atlanta Midtown after a day of chaos and cancelled flights! We do appreciate your sharing your feedback with us on your recent stay. Our team works hard to try and make personal connections with our guests and truly provide excellent service and a great experience. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The beds are sooo comfortable and the staff was very helpful when we couldn't figure out what was wrong with the TV. We stayed for a long weekend during our son's robotics competition. It was a lovely stay and we wish we could have stayed longer. The restaurant food was delicious. I had a wonderful halibut dinner. It is very centrally located and we could walk to most venues in the downtown area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Second visit to the Hyatt Midtown and will come back many times more. Absolutely great location and a staff that "gets it"
Rooms have great views and bathrooms are so upscale. Might be a few dollars more, but ever so worth it!!!
Great lobby bar.
Can can self-park to save a few dollars, but otherwise, after a full day of work and stress this is the oasis you will be looking for.
Highly reccomended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jerry G
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We absolutely fell in LOVE with this brand spanking new Hyatt location in Downtown Atlanta. We were visiting Atlanta for two nights, and we wanted something in a central location. What we stumbled upon was an absolute GEM!!! The service was great, from the Valet parking attendants to the front desk staff, to the restaurant/bar staff.

The driveway is beautiful with a nice seating area outside (mainly for smokers I think) that faces the street below. The lobby is grand with a huge chandelier, nice waiting area (away from the front desk) and soft music. I was able to take a business conference call in the lobby, since it was quiet and didn't have too much foot traffic throughout the early evening.

The room was FANTASTIC and spacious. We got upgraded at check-in to a larger King Deluxe room which faced the city/street and had wall to floor windows on one side. There was a seating area with a couch and chair and ottoman. The room looked exactly like hotel pictures which is always a plus. The bathroom was huge as well. Shower only, however - but spacious and clean.

The gym and pool areas were also well equipped and spacious. There are cardio machines and weights and the pool has great lounge seating and separate bathrooms.

There are a few really good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and the hotel restaurant has an interesting menu and ambiance, although we didn't try it. They do have live music/djs some nights as well.

The overall vibe of the hotel is young and hip, without being overly crowded and loud. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had a lovely stay here in May. The staff and service was excellent. From what I could see everything was fresh, clean, light and modern. My room was larger than expected. The hotel is situated in a very convenient and attractive neighborhood. It was no more than a ten minute walk from the Midtown Marta Station, (that's about 40-45 minutes door to door) once you step out of the Delta baggage claim terminal. Across the street is the Margaret Mitchell House; (historic home of the author of GONE WITH THE WIND) around the corner is my favorite Greek restaurant, Zoe's Kitchen, with a wonderful smoothie bar right next to it, and the hotel is also down the block from the best gift store (all around giftstore) that I have ever been to in several cities, but I can't remember the name of it. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The price was very fair for the accomodations, location and service that I received. I live in Sarasota, but spent most of my life in Manhattan.

Room Tip: I always upgrade one level, but don't know if it was necessary to do it here. I was not that high up, but the view was open and there were no noise disturbances.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family