“Homemade potato chips to die for!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #82 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Heaven
“Homemade potato chips to die for!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Receptionist was polite. Room was comfortable but very dated - sunk into sofa. Room was directly across from elevator and very dark. Refrigerator had a puddle of water in the bottom. Called Reception - no response. Went down to Reception. They then contacted Engineer. Engineer was very helpful. Offered to replace refrigerator, told him it could wait until after checkout. Noticed problem with bathtub drain while showering - notified Reception at checkout. Atrium was beautiful. Evening reception was very nice. Homemade chips were DELICIOUS. Reception hostesses were very nice and accomodating. Breakfast omelet was wonderful. Breakfast area was very nice with plenty of seating around beautiful fountains and pools. *NOTE: I did not see any other buildings nearby so you would probably need a car if you wanted to eat somewhere other than the hotel restaurant.* I did not ask if the shuttle driver would take me to a restaurant.

Room Tip: Does not appear to be any restaurants nearby within walking distance.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Our overall stay at the Embassy Suites /airport was great. We just had a few minor problems that can be easliy fixed. It is a great choice and location for your family and friends. It is accessible to the highway and other areas of the city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Embassy Suites are usually nice and we especially love he full breakfast that comes with the stay. This hotel is a tad bit scaled down relative to most ES but only with regard to size of the hotel. The rims are very spacious and it is clean. The exceptional note fore this hotel is the price. You just can't beat an above average hotel that is full service and offers a full breakfast and nightly drinks for free AND is only $110 a night in Atlanta! You do have I pay $12 a night for parking but I will take it! Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was a guest at this hotel for my family's reunion and enjoyed the stay. The suite was very spacious with enough room for us to gather and sit around. The hotel provided a great breakfast every morning, a big banquet hall, and great lounge with arcade games and pool tables. The lobby is beautifully designed.

Cell phone reception is horrible in the rooms and they charge for wifi that provides a very weak connection. We were given a handicap accessible room and since the shower didn't have a wall, water was all over the floor within a few minutes.

Nice hotel for the event.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel on June 21 before flying out of the country the next morning. We arrived to late in the evening to enjoy the guest reception. We did not "park and fly" because the hotel does not offer direct shuttle service to the international terminal at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. No hotel does (not sure why....). So, we used Peachy Parking who does offer direct service to the international terminal and indoor parking.

The front desk staff was friendly and relatively accommodating. The parking staff was very helpful...parking is fairly expensive, but about on par with other airport hotels. The hotel in general is nice and clean, but a bit dated. Our room was spacious with plenty of room for the four of us (two adults and two children). Unfortunately, we had to leave very early, so we missed the hot breakfast (which I have heard is pretty good).

Overall, this is a nice airport hotel that is reasonably priced, so I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
salt lake city ut, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2013

the hotel is a great location for flying into Atlanta very convient. we always enjoy the complinentary evening reception and complimentay breakfast. the staff is always pleasant and so helpful. we usaually use the spa to relax after a long and tiring flight. but we can tell the spa could use an update.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Central New York
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have mixed feelings about my stay at Embassey Suites. I don't travel, ever, and was just in town to spend the weekend with my son who is stationed at Fort Benning. First thing - i felt like I waited an eternity for the embassey shuttle service from the airport to hotel. As I sat at ground transportation watching all the other hotel shuttles come and go, I eagerly waited for the Embassey one. When it arrived, I was like OMG - compared to the other hotel shuttle vans, this one was tore up, dented on the outside and ripped on the inside. I had read the reviews on this hotel when I was booking it and knew about the consistent concerns of the patrons, but I decided to book anyway because my family recommended them.

Once getting to the hotel I was excited but soon my anticipation turned to frustration -- some checking in issues (however due to my inexperience as a traveler). All staff were more than accomodating with the exception of one female front desk clerk. She did not go out of her way to accomodate anything and if the answer was no she didn't do anything to try and resolve the issue. This was consistent throughout the weekend, as i witnessed her telling other patrons no they did not have this or they did not have that, she would look around weakly, never leaving her post and say "no we don't have none" . . . . Yet ALL the other staff people were wonderful!!!!! I do have to admit the place did have an odor, yet I am not allergic so it did not bother me in that way. I felt the hotel was run down and had seen better days. Yet, the view looking down was georgious. My son said it was the nicest hotel he has ever stayed in. I thank Embassey for that. He went into the spa and had no complaints. We sat outside and talked by the pool, it was wonderful. The pool needs a little help - both pools do actually. I could go on and on but overall, everyone was wonderful. They put up with me who was often overwhelmed and under experienced as a traveler. So, overall, it was a great experience. The hotel was filled. It appeared everyone was having a great time, kids were in the pool, families laughing and enjoying breakfast, and the other amenities. Thank you for a wonderful weekend. I still have Georgia on my mind.

Room Tip: no suggestion
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#85 of 172 in Atlanta
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport West

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!