“Needs Upgrading”

Ranked #77 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Needs Upgrading”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I wasn't impressed with this hotel from the time I walked in my room. I requested a non smoking, but when I walked in it clearly smelled of smoke. I went to front desk to verify this was non-smoking room. I was assured that it was, so they sent a housekeeper who came and sprayed some Febreeze which made it worse. You had to play with the shower nozzle to get the hot water to come out. The shower curtain had some type of red stains on it. Housekeeping failed to replenish shampoo &conditioner & coffee two days in a row. One day upon leaving out, I left the extra blanket out because I didn't have time to put it away. When I came back, it was still balled up in the chair where I left it. I took a picture of this & then questioned front desk if that was the policy. Was advised it was not & they apologized, stating would send someone to room. After an hour of waiting I called back downstairs. Then someone comes with missing towels, shampoo/conditioner. She didn't bother to come in to fold & put away the blankets. The breakfast wasn't any better. The grits were lumpy & eggs very runny. The sausage was like rubber. I picked this location because of the Embassy name & location to airport. I would have definitely stayed elsewhere if I knew hotel was in such a rundown state.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jackie S
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
lexington, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Overall everything was very good except couple things, nothing major. Will request people stay there and enjoy. My family we had a good time including my son. He enjoyed in the pool area. If I come next time there, will be stay there, if room is available.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
We are glad you son had a good time in the pool here at the Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta Airport and would like to thank you for such a nice review. We hope to be able to see you again soon.
co
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Rough. Lobby looks fine, but wait until you get to your room! Beds were clean, nice, but crunchy sheet noise kept me up all night. Shower tiles cracked to the point of needing to replace whole shower, water pressure & temp control inadequate, cigarette burn holes in the couch & chair, stains (looked like blood to me) on wallpaper. Overall, the whole suite needed an upgrade!

2 Thank itravelwtoddler
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
YOUNGSTOWN, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

pro embassy suite brand con; service fixture, customer service I suggest the hotel hire someone to read their reviews and a refresher on company policy. this hotel was overbooked, overcrowded and unwilling to compromise.

1 Thank Kinta S
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
miami, fl
Reviewed 31 March 2014

So this hotel is not horrible but I certainly would never stay there again if I had other choices at that price point.

The shuttle is super convenient which is a primary reason we stayed there. The rooms are clearly dated and the hotel needs a makeover especially in the bathrooms.

I felt the hotel was clean and the breakfast was cooked to order which is standard policy.

The hotel bar/restaurant, now that was something to NOT remember. The food was surprisingly very good but the decor and service, WOW, hard to handle. The decor is so outdated and it feels like an afterthought to even have it, like the room was there so why not. A little effort could go a long way in there.

If you are staying overnight for an early flight like we were bingo you hit it, less expensive and offers more than most. Any other reason why bother.

1 Thank warrenMiami
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. While I’m thrilled to hear our hotel was clean and you liked the shuttle, I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!
Omaha, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is cheap but in bad shape... my phone didn't work, the tub didn't drain, the lobby and outside areas are in bad need of updating, I had two conditioners and no shampoo, dirty rag in the bathroom from the previous guest... probably the worst Hilton property I've stayed at.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your room . We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Huntsville
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Our family enjoyed the stay. We did have some room issues that were quickly and professionally handled by the staff. One item of caution for travellers with kids; the hot water is scalding hot. This could ruin a trip in a hurry. We would return to this hotel without question.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel the Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta Airport and we are happy you had a fun time. We will be taking a look at the hot water and are glad you mentioned it.
We look forward to your next visit our way.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!