Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #81 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Knoxville, Tennessee
“YUCK!”

Uncharacteristically disgusting!
I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro, TN several times and Savannah, GA and have been very pleased.

I was taken back at the stark contrast between the condition & filthiness of the this hotel.

The staff was friendly and that was not a problem.

But to simply list some things on my "short list"
Old, run down & dirty accommodations - from the hallways & elevator to the room & bathroom.
Everywhere I looked was dirt & grime
On top of the overall filth everywhere...
The toilet seat was not the right size for the toilet
There appeared to be a bloody handprint on the door jam
My room phone didn’t work
There seemed to be mold on the window trim
The carpets everywhere were stained and grimy

Please see the photos for reference.

Oh, and I complained - they gave me some extra "points" on my Hilton Honors card... about 6 more stays here and I'll get free night.... nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel if you like cleanliness.
1 Thank dave_knoxville
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Reviewed 23 June 2014

There were no wash cloths in the room. I called the front desk, and reported the situation. The front desk clerk registered concern, and was sympathetic, however, when I asked to have wash cloths brought up, she stated that there was no one there to bring them up, as she was the only one there. Later I went to the front desk, but she was not at the front desk, but rather talking to the people setting up the breakfast. If she had time to wander around the hotel socializing, didn't she have time to bring me two wash cloths?

The 6:00 a.m. breakfast start had only cold items available at 6:00 a.m. I left at about 6:15 a.m., my wife later texted me that there was finally a pan of eggs brought out at 6:30 a.m.

The faucet in the "kitchenette" was so loose that it had to be held down in order to be turned on.

There was hair in the tub, that did not belong to either one of us.

There was a large tear/worn spot in the "kitchenette."

And my favorite, the drain on the bathroom sink was wrapped (repaired?) in one spot with DUCT TAPE!

I also object to being charged $12.00 parking when staying as a guest overnight.

I'll find someplace else to stay next time.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Not much to write that stands out here. Location was okay, reception was standard, room was clean. Fitness Center was nice. Probably wouldn't choose to stay here again based on the competition in the area.

Room Tip: First floor to avoid extra travel time if business traveler.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I am very sorry we fell below your expectations this particular day. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. We would love for you to give us an opportunity to make up for your poor experience.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I enjoyed the stay. My four children and myself stayed for my son's 8th birthday and it was a great idea! I previously did the same for my daughter's 10th birthday and the kids were able to swim all day. I was able to enjoy Happy Hour. We came back to the room and watched movies and the next morning we all stuffed ourselves with a full breakfast. I would refer anyone to Embassy Suites:-)

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for such a nice review and we are happy to have made the birthday stay a good one for your and your children here at the Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta Airport. We look forward to your next visit.
Social Circle, Georgia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

It is time for an cosmetic uplift and update of this location in the lobby and guest rooms. Unreasonable parking fee considering the remoteness of this location. There were several large groups convening during our stay at this location, and there was not adequate staff to maintain cleanliness in the hallways, elevators, dining area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town you consider staying with us again.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The staff is nice, the continental breakfast was great, the location was perfect BUT the room needs major renovation.Carpet was old,run down and dirty. The wall paper was peeling off the walls real bad and visible,the couch (roll out) was broke so the bed couldn't g all the way into the couch, the couch was old, dirty and out of date. the AC was broke so the roo was really stuffy ,hot and wasn't really fresh. The room was dim and lighting was bad. I paid a lot for @ nights thinking I was going to get a updated hotel and room and it was the opposite> Its not worth the price to stay here> I wont be returning.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Upon arrival @ The Atlanta Airport Embassy Suites Hotel the front entrance was so dirty, paper on the ground, spilled drinks, rugs dirty, employees hanging around the front desk laughing and talking getting in the way of check ins. The front needs to be pressured washed, parking was dark and scary with no security in sight. A Mess!!

1 Thank gwendolynr604
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Atlanta Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,649 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!