“Expected More”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #71 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The service, food and quality of guest services was exceptional. However, for Embassy Suites, I would never expect to see roaches, dusty or broken/stained furniture. Though the air conditioning worked well, the air conditioning vents were very dusty.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Juanita P
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to discuss the disappointment you experienced during your stay at our hotel last year. Your feedback is essential to our future success! Unwelcome problems can always arise, but our goal is to have them addressed promptly by staff members so our guests are not inconvenienced. A hot and cold water problem is certainly a frustrating issue and we regret that it was not resolved for you in a timely manner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

First let me say, I'm pretty picky about cleanliness and have traveled extensively so when I found out my admin had booked me here for one night when the conference hotel was full and I read the other reviews on tripadvisor, I was fully prepared to check it out and u-turn to somewhere else without unpacking a single thing within minutes of check-in.

I checked in after the manager's reception so can't I rate that part. Every staff member I met was polite and professional. Breakfast was standard and I took mine back to my room to enjoy in peace.

Biggest cleanliness problem I saw was when I was walking to my room on the 5th floor. It was obvious someone had a party right on the balcony because there were two crushed plastic water bottles, a kool-aid package, broken plastic cup, paper bag and an empty glass liquor bottle laying right in the middle of the walkway so that I had to wheel my suitcase around it. Strike 1 big time and preparing to abort stay. Luckily my room was pretty clean overall and I did seriously check under the mattress and sheets and pretty much the whole room immediately upon arrival. Yes the furniture and carpets are a bit stained in places and it looks like 1999 but generally it was clean and even in the nicest hotels I never set a bare foot on the floors ever after 30 years of business travel anyway. I didn't see mold, hair or any kind of infestation. The air intake vent does need to be dusted...well it did before I did it. And yes, the air was on as low as it would go all night and I never froze but I wasn't uncomfortably warm and I'm prone to being too warm. All the lights, tv, remotes, water, drains, microwave, fridge, phone, etc.all worked fine...I checked. FYI...when showering if your neighbor flushes you will just about get scalded for a few seconds.

About 10 minutes after I completed my inspection of the room I did go back out to get a soda from the machine and the prior party trash had been completely cleaned up and someone from housekeeping appeared to be going floor to floor and policing trash with a large rolling bin at 9 o'clock at night. So I really can't count that against the hotel. Yes, the parking fee is unreasonable and needs to be more clearly spelled out at reservation time but it's probably necessary to keep people who aren't guests from parking there and using the hotel shuttle as a cheap alternative to paying for airport parking.

Outside noise from planes or equipment was not a problem but INSIDE noise was very loud. There were some very loud women in the middle of the lobby with kids who were fascinated with the fountains who were talking like they were trying to be heard at a rock concert and could be heard in my room over the TV but they left the lobby after an hour and I didn't hear much after that. .

Overall, I really don't think the staff at the hotel is as much an issue as the other "guests" general lack of understanding for civilized behavior. There seem to be a good number of "family reunion" or gathering type groups there who likely haven't traveled for business or stayed at business hotels previously.. At least that's what I told myself as I was taking the elevator down to check out the next morning and the elevator stopped to pick up two women and five kids...WARNING:gross out alert ahead...three of the kids were fascinated with the steel and glass elevator walls (which were pretty nasty and now I know why). The kids initially tried to see how many hand prints they could make all over the walls and glass, then they egged each other on to "lick it". And then they each proceeded to lick...yes actually seriously lick the elevator wall while both oblivious Mama's were discussing directions to a place they could walk to that might accept their EBT cards. I then went back up to my room and doubled the maid's tip because if that's happening on the elevator, I can only imagine what these guests were going to leave for housekeeping to clean up.

Would I actively seek out this hotel again? Nope. There are nicer hotels in that price range that actively cater to business travelers rather than casual groups or parties. But I wouldn't balk at staying at the Embassy again if another room shortage or airline situation made it a reasonable alternative for a single night's stay.

4  Thank rifrafmom

Frank guest reviews such as yours, are appreciated, as they give us the chance to improve. It seems the underlying issues you experienced were the result of unacceptable housekeeping practices in the hall. There is currently a new management team in place who have been working meticulously to ensure guest rooms are clean and comfortable, offering a relaxing place for our guests to enjoy their time in our area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Arrived a couple hours before check-in. Understand my room wasn't ready but the hotel wouldn't allow me access to the parking lot. I had to kill a couple hours at a restaurant. Given a smoking room as there were no others available but hotel didn't offer to cut rate or give any perks to try to soften the blow of sleeping in a smelly room. Will def. not choose Embassy Suites when other option is available in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including areas for improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing exceptional service. I hope that you will be our guest again The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area – thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

After talking to the front desk about my billing error the problem was fixed. The staff was very helpful about mistake on my billing. We had a family reunion luncheon in one of the ball room and I have never had banquet food that everything was cooked well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

We are glad to read you enjoyed your family reunion at our hotel the Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta Airport. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

If you think this Embassy Suites is like most Hilton Brand Hotels It is Not. The first Guest Room was musty and mildew! The second room after asking to be moved had bugs in the windows and lamps! The furniture is dirty and the bathroom had rusty fixtures. Very substandard for the star rating and price! Awful Awful Awful

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ebonie W

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the area. We apologize for our missteps in comfort and cleanliness. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so we are able to make it right, and provide the quality accommodations you expect and deserve. We hope you were able to enjoy the duration of your stay, and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Room was very big.
Property was pretty, but got hot in the common areas due to all the water and sunlights.
Needs a renovation.
Close to the airport...close enough where you see and hear planes overhead at all hours of the day and night. If you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs or stay elsewhere.
When trying to reach the front desk, no one answered (on multiple occasions) Most staff were not friendly or helpful, but there were 3 that were kind and accommodating during our weeklong stay.
The morning breakfast was good.
The evening manager's reception snacks and drinks were the best.
Indoor pool did not look appealing. Outdoor pool was small but more inviting than the indoor one.
They have daily housekeeping to make the bed and empty trash cans.
Rooms weren't as clean as I would have liked. The vent needs to be painted because at first it looked like dust. The rug didn't look like it had been cleaned in depth in a little bit. Rust in shower and the water gets piping hot in the middle without changing the temperature.
Saw a roach on the floor while waiting in line to get breakfast one morning.
Common area gets loud at times. People in the courtyard at the tables can be easily heard by many guests in the rooms.
Store is extremely expensive and not open very often.
You can print any documents in the business center for free! This was a great feature since I was there on business. Be sure to check the binder in the suite for more information on how to print from your PDA or laptop should you need to.

While this wouldn't be my first choice when in Atlanta, if I were on an extreme budget, the free breakfast and snacks, and the close proximity to the airport would be helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast and the managers reception but would like to apologize for the other problems you encountered. We have been working with our staff to ensure these matters are corrected. Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us by sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel is close to airport. The hotel provides free airport shuttle every 30 minutes from airport to hotel. The room was large, clean and calm. Hotel stuffs were very friend and had a nice smile.
"Happy hour" in the evening was so great. We enjoyed that. The morning buffet was OK. We stayed at the weekend and many people stayed there but we could take everything without waiting for line. Fantastic!

Room Tip: Upstairs because of calm.