“The stay is as good as the cookies-- great!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #79 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The bed is comfortable,;the room is quiet; everything is in working order. It's located near a lot of good restaurants and shopping. There's easy access to highway system. We'll stay here on our next trip to ATLANTA.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

On behalf of myself and entire Team, we appreciate you taking the time to fill out a survey on the property. Any feedback we receive will only enable us to better serve future Guests! See you next time you're in Atlanta.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

thank you very much for making feel like like family. the employees wee fantasticfrom the gentleman that greeted me at 11:30pm and suggested a great place for a midnight snack. the restaurant Marlow is a perfect fit for Doubletrees style of service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Wonderful food! Try the fried okra - it is not what you expect! Flatbreads are amazing too. The hotel is old, but clean and modern. Can't beat it for the price in this area. Very convenient to my business calls that day. I would give the rooms a 10, but they lack a fridge and that is important to me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This Hotel is Top Notch. Their staff was helpful and efficient. Room was extra clean, and the fresh cookie was a nice treat. I will stay here everytime I visit Decatur, GA. 5 stars!!!!!! I would consider any other Double Tree based on my experience here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2013

From check in to checkout, it was a great stay. The onsite restaraunt / bar ( Marlowes) had awesome service, gret food and a wait staff to rival high end establisments. I have stayed twice before and had consistant good results. The area is right next to the interstate but I slep like a baby in the comfy bed and nicely appointed room. Only thing I would change is the bathroom, it is a touch cramped but still ample for 1 person at a time

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel only has limited knowledge and accommodations for disabled persons. Make sure you ask very specific questions. Have measurement requirements especially regarding bathroom entry, sink height, bed height and room access.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

On behalf of myself and entire Team, we appreciate you taking the time to fill out a survey on the property. Any feedback we receive will only enable us to better serve future Guests. I have passed along your comments to my Chief Engineer to ensure our rooms are to correct specifications. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel overnight after a day at Stone Mountain with our daughter and four grandchildren. Very easy access from 285, yet the rooms we had were very quiet. I suppose there might have been more noise on the side near the highway, but ours was nestled on an upper floor nearer the back side of the building and we couldn't hear any road noise at all.

The decor is beautiful, the beds are very comfortable, rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and helpful.(And of course, the cookies we received upon check in were delicious!)

We ate breakfast at the buffet and it was very good (although not included in the price of the room) My 12 year old grand-daughter has special dietary needs and doesn't eat a lot, so it wouldn't have been worth paying the full adult price of the buffet for her. We told the server about this issue and they gave us the "child's" price for the buffet instead.

The only really negative thing I can say about this hotel is that it was nearly sold out the night we stayed and I couldn't find a parking spot near the entrance. I drove separately from the rest of the family because I had to attend a rehearsal that night and didn't get back to the room until nearly midnight. I felt a little unsafe walking across the parking lot alone in the dark. It would have been nice had there been a visible security guard on the grounds, or at least better lighting in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the building from the highway for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for your comments about my hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry to hear that you had to walk through the parking lot alone after returning to the hotel. For future reference, we have a security guard on property from 9 pm until 7 am. Please feel free to call the hotel before arriving and we can have the guard meet you in the lot and escort you into the building. I hope you will stay with us again if you return in the future. We appreciate your business!