“Excellent Hotel stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #79 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 29 October 2013

From start to finish we had no problems at all, everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and fresh. Marlow's tavern provides great food and service. I would recommend staying here. This hotel is in a good location and close to the interchange so you can get where you are going easily.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for your comments about our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again should you return to Atlanta!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I've had good experiences at this hotel but my most recent experience at this hotel was not good. Bed linens were not cleaned and I had to change them myself. Always have someone from housekeeping on duty.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

When staying at the Doubletree on Lavista (near Decatur) is very convinient to the outer loop & I-85. Make sure you stay in an even # room and on the end away from the interstate. Odd # rooms face the bar/grill that sometime have out-door music which can be loud and the delivery/garbage trucks come eary in the mornings to that side too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business.

Brett

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 October 2013

nice and clean rooms .... perfect for family ...pleasant location ... overall very nice environment .... everything nearby .... very well managed ..... my family would luv to stay there again .........

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is old and very outdated. It appears to have been another "off brand" hotel that upgraded the lobby and slapped a Hilton name on it. There is absolutely nothing nice about this place beyond the lobby area. The rooms are small- very dirty. The first room I was assigned had dirty linen. You could see the previous guest hairs all over the covers. The bathroom still had a child's hair accessories on the sink. The toilet had water on the floor near it. The bathtub has a FILTHY mat that doesn't look like it has been cleaned this year. I was swapped to a different room that had french fries on the floor. Cracker or cookie crumbs on the bed and carpet that was unraveling. The room is dusty and the desk hasn't been cleaned in a week. This is almost unbareable! Whoever is supposed to be in charge of housekeeping needs to do an evaluation of their practices or shall I say- lack thereof! Someone needs to take charge and put some accountability in place for doing their jobs! No one wants to stay in a room that's not being cleaned even remotely decently! I am sure the Hilton parent company is getting complaints on this property.
On a good note- the front desk and drivers are extremely nice and helpful. The lobby is appealing.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I always try to stay at this hotel when I am in the area - it's conveniently located, the staff is great, and the onsite restaurant/bar has a great atmosphere. This time around, I was stuck on the first floor and faced the interstate, so it was a bit noisy, but on the higher floors, it's always quiet.

Room Tip: Request a room that isn't on the first floor - it'll have a balcony and less highway noise!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

On behalf of myself and entire Team, we appreciate you taking the time to fill out a survey on the property. Any feedback we receive will only enable us to better serve future Guests! See you next time you're in Atlanta.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My father and I were taking a road trip from Colorado to Orlando. We had been in the car over 8 hours, after driving from MO. Our stay at the hotel there was pretty decent. We were excited about getting to Atlanta and enjoying the beautiful warm weather. Upon arriving at the DoubleTree Northlake; our check-in was swift, the staff was welcoming. They even gave us those warm chocolate chip cookies that we had been waiting the entire drive for, they recommended that we eat at Marlow Tavern (which was pretty good, by the way!). On our way to our room we were able to check out the business center, fitness room and pool. Although we weren't able to use those facilities they looked like they were efficient if we were to stay that long. Unfortunately we only needed one night so we could get back on the road to Orlando. After dinner we settled down in our room. The rooms were stylish and the air temp was perfect. The bathroom shower head was a rainfall like style. Needless to say after my shower I got on my phone and made use of the internet for my radio, and went to sleep. The next morning we got the breakfast, which was complimentary, each item was decently tasteful. The patron noticed that there was no fruit when I got to that station and he quickly had a fresh batch of fruit out for me. That made me smile. Our drinks came out in seconds. Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family