“Great value, family and business-friendly, welcoming atmosphere”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #80 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Despite what the last reviewer says, this Doubletree exceeded my expectations. The front-desk welcome and check-in process was easy and very friendly. Our room was clean, updated, and well-maintained. Modern appointments included the flat-screen TV, microwave, mini-fridge, and updated decor. Beds were comfortable and situated on blocks, so that families with small children aren't in danger of leaving things under the bed! Bathroom was small, but perfectly appointed with marble counter-tops and a shower fit for even tall people. Wi-fi and room service are also available. There is a business center with complimentary internet and printing, as well as many nice conference rooms. The lobby bar is open for breakfast (although a bit expensive), and the attached eatery, Marlow's, was excellent and not a typical hotel restaurant. Their menu is diverse, great wine/beer selection, and staff was very friendly. Food was excellent, and it's a great place to watch sports, as well! The hotel is very convenient to the interstate, as well as Mercer University. While there aren't too many moderate/high-end restaurants nearby, there is a shopping mall, Starbucks, several fast food places, and a great place called the Twisted Taco. Our experience was a positive one, and we will happily return next time we are in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank bigbirdwashington

Reviewed 10 October 2010

This hotel leaves a lot to be desired. This was second stay, (shame on me). I gave this hotel a second chance because it is convenient for my Atlanta clients, and because I am a hilton honors members. But I will never stay there again and neither will my clients! My room was so-so, the rooms all show signs of wear and tear very worn out and old! The pillows on the bed should be thrown in the garbage!
On two occasions my room was not CLEANED and even on the days it was cleaned i had to touch up my suite to make it presentable for my clients it was disgusting. My reccomendation would be stay anywhere but dont stay here!

O

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank summergirl101
Reviewed 15 September 2010

This is a former Radisson hotel, and I was a little apprehensive from the outward appearance. It looked like an older hotel. But all my fears disappeared once I entered the lobby. Doubletree has updated nicely, from the lobby to the rooms and it is the Doubletree standards you come to expect. The service was great from the staff, too. It is right next to the highway, so you can hear that noise, but it isn't disturbing (at least to me with the room blower on.) Check out the restaurant attached to the hotel, Marlow's Tavern. It is your typical hotel restaurant, nor a seedy tavern. It is upscale and nice, just like the Doubletree!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I stay here whenever I come to Atlanta. It is just off I-285 so it is fairly close to everything. The hotel has an outstanding staff that takes care of you at check-in and beyond. The rooms are spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
DTGeneralManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at my hotel. I am very fortunate to have such a great team and a beautiful hotel. It is our mission that all guests of the Doubletree Hotel Atlanta Northlake "dream" of nothing else but staying in our hotel.

Again, thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Jeffrey Hassan
(770) 938-1026

Reviewed 14 June 2010

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The accommodation were quite enjoyable. The bed was comfortable, Rooms service was excellence and the food was awesome as well. I will be back next month. Thanks Again for an enjoyable stay...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I travel to the Atlanta area fairly frequently and always stay at this hotel. Everything about it rates high marks...from the lobby to the restaurant but especially the staff. The front desk staff always remembers me, makes me feel welcome and will do anything to assure that all is right. I can't say enough about them...they are terrific. There have been some recent changes in the staffing of other areas which is making a huge difference in the breakfast and house keeping. It seems like they are constantly striving to improve.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I loved this hotel!!! It was conveniently located, the rooms were super clean, nice clean smell, the bed slept so comfortable we over-slept both days. The only downside is if you need in-room internet access it will cost $10 per day! But I would definitely recommend!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple