“Room needed towel racks”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #81 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My stay at this Double tree was an Ok experience. Hotel was convenient to the interstate and area shopping. Room did show some signs of wear and tear. Lots of room in the double bed room to spread out but the room had only one chair to sit in. When using the bathroom, I had to ask for washcloths and towels, they only had two towels in the bathroom and these towels were placed in a dusty cubicle near the floor (yuck). I also noted that the bathroom had no towel racks to hang even a hand towel when washing your hands. Bathroom also did not have a vent (for your smelly moments). They give you "tickets' to eat breakfast down in the lobby and the food was a step up from the usual free breakfast that is seen in most hotels. Make sure to bring some "tip' money because there is a waitress who serves you coffee and juice along with side meats. Security was also great; most outer doors were secured by 07.00 PM. I travel with one companion and her opinion matched mine.

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed 3 March 2011

This was the first time for me to stay in doubletree hotel and will be the LAST time. For the this price, it is alot worse than I expected.

First , the hotel lobby was clean ,our room was okay. But the bed was very gross! I cannot tell you how many short or long hairs I found inside the bed. Cleanliness of the bed is the most important thing for me and most people I believe. I know this is not the 5-star hotel, but at least give me a clean sheet!!! Do they ever chage it after the last guest's stay?? or I was unlucky to be the only person had dirty sheet.

And then , we had bad lucky again. We were on the first floor, there were some trucks parking outside the window, they came and left, came and left almost the whole night!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank amber561201
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year. Service is consistently good. Room are newly decorated and are comforable. Doubletree Northlake is one THE best value around.

Marlow's restuarant on site is superb.

The staff is freindly and polite.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2011

My husband planned a special anniversary getaway for me and him. We decided to stay close to home and we found that the Doubletree would be great. We checked in early and enjoyed watching the Falcons play and enjoyed the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. I would advise everyone I know to stay at the Doubletree Northlake!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2011

This was our first time to stay at this hotel. From the booking (which was an exceptionally great rate) to checkout was superior!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2010

1) The room was not ready by 3:00pm, Shame!
2) there was the only soap, only shampoo and only conditioner for 3 (!) people! Shame!
3) when I asked for additional soap they told me: wait until Monday, we get the stuff on Mondays! Shame!
4) The heater was so noisy, we could not sleep well. Shame!
5) The beds are smaller than in the similar rooms in Holiday Inn. Shame!
6) there is deceiving information in confirmation email: instead of writing honestly that you should pay 9.99$ for the internet, they provide you with the best ... rate. Shame!
7) if you provide your email, you will get unsolicited emails next day. Shame!
8) they write "luxury". Shame!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Vit29845
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Nice hotel. More fit to be located in the downtown Atlanta area. Definitely a step above the other hotels in the area with a comparable price. Will definitely stay again when in the Atlanta area.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Atlanta hotels
Cumberland
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
#47 of 173 in Atlanta
Quality Inn Northlake
#115 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake

Address: 4156 Lavista Rd, Atlanta, GA 30084-5318 (Formerly Magnolia Manor Hotel)
Region: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
#28 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
#42 Family Hotel in Atlanta
#60 Business Hotel in Atlanta
Price Range: £80 - £125 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake 3.5*
Welcome to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, located in the Atlanta, Georgia suburb of Tucker. Our northeast Atlanta hotel is 25 minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and offers easy access to I-285 and I-85. Downtown Atlanta is 15 miles away. We are within walking distance to restaurants, shopping and entertainment, and minutes from major corporations such as Hormel, Sherwin-Williams Company, Kroger Company, the CDC, FEMA and IRS. Retreat to a spacious guest room or suite featuring signature bedding, a chaise lounge, and 32-inch LCD HDTV with premium cable. Stay connected with high-speed internet access and be productive at the work desk. Suites feature wood laminate flooring and a separate parlor with sofa bed. Relax in our inviting lobby and listen to the waterfall or play a favorite video game. Savor classic American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Marlow’s Tavern. In-room dining is also available. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center or swim laps in the outdoor pool. Our hotel offers 10,000 sq. ft. of event space for your business meeting or special event, from a boardroom that accommodates eight guests to a ballroom accommodating 400 guests. Conduct business or check your email in our business center, which also provides A/V equipment rental and complimentary printing. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Atlanta Doubletree