Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center
US$543
US$491
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssandy springsroom was cleanfront desk stafffamily reunioncomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areahotel stayclose proximitybreakfast staffwould recommend this hotel to anyoneeasy accessa wonderful staynight staymarta stationgreat customer serviceenjoyed my staychecking in
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My overall stay was satisfactory. I don't know how a housekeeper can prepare a room for a guest and overlook the fact that the shower head fixture is not attached to the wall and that the bathroom sink faucet spews water everywhere when turned on. It took me less than 5 minutes occupying the room to note these deficiencies. While they were minor annoyances, I did not make an issue of them, and elected to report them to the front desk agent at checkout as they were not significant enough to require after-hours maintenance.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Kenneth K
PatriciaKilgore, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center. We appreciate your time and comments concerning your stay with us . Thank you for letting us know about the water spewing out in the sink in your room during your stay with us, This issue has been corrected by our maintenance team to ensure that this inconveience dose not happen to another guest.

We know that you have many choices to stay while inthe area and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Wishing you a Happy and Safe New Year

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

So I wrote a scathing review and saved it to my notes on my phone, but somehow that has disappeared. Not happy.
Anyways, I will try...try to be brief in this review. Stayed here last week with my two sons. This was probably the next to worst hotel I've stayed in. The hospitality of the staff was great though, so they get my gratitude and appreciation especially "Ms. Jenny."

Now on to my review:
1- Our room was a disappointment. There was all this advertisement about Duvet covers yet there wasn't even the basics in the room, a microwave. There was no microwave for us to reheat leftover meals.
The trash cans were very small, which often filled up upon putting one meal in it. Pathetic.
2- The TV kept messing up or wouldn't even turn on. Our first night, the desk rep came up and said I may have to wiggle the cord in the back and/or turn on a switch located near the front of the room. Seriously?? Where were the directions on their website concerning that? Not there.
So he got it to work with some jiggling. Gtg. Well, the next morning, it didn't work with the switch, unplugging it, or jiggling a cord. We left for some hours to ride around and came back to it not turning on still, so I called the desk again. They immediately sent someone up who immediately got it working again. All I'll say is Direct TV either sucks or something else is bad because the shows would skip.

3- Next, I'll get on the pathetic "business" center. The two computers downstairs were very slow, and the one connected to the printer always had problems printing. Not a good thing if you're in need of government documents.

4- The "exercise" room had no sanitizing wipes in it to wipe down the equipment once you were done using it. I believe if you offer those types of services, you must include sanitation items. Also, do not go in there w/o your iPod because there is no TV in that room. So exercisers are stuck staring at themselves in a glass mirror while running or on the elliptical. Disappointing.

4- The cleaning service didn't clean our room for a couple of days, which I then left the trash outside of the door and they still didn't get it up. Maybe they were confused and thought we were holed up in our room and did not want cleaning for those two days out of the nine that we stayed...

Like I said, I had saved my original notes on my phone but they magically disappeared so this is what I remember off the top of my head. Once again, the staff was great. Very courteous showing great southern hospitality, but I still will never stay here again or at Hampton Inns if this is what I can expect out of their rooms.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Maketa C
PatriciaKilgore, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center. We appreciate your time and comments concerning your recent stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience of the TV not working properly in your room. Our hotel recently changed TV carriers and we have had issues with some of our TVs not being compatible which we have addressed.
We also apologize for our guest rooms not being equipped with microwaves which we are currently working on to have in our rooms. We know that not having a microwave in the room is an inconvenience.

We are happy to know that our staff was friendly and accommodating. We know that you have many choices to stay while in the area and hope that will stay with us again. Thank you for the opportunity of hearing your issues. We take our guest comments very seriously and appreciate your feedback. We hope taht you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I go to Atlanta for business fairly often and we have a list of reasonably priced lodgings in areas away from downtown, which is not really safe. The downtown area was cleaned up fo rthe Olympics in the 90's but it has slipped back into the old situation (street people in doorways passed out, people getting mugged, etc). We work at Five Points, and ride the MARTA from the Dunwoody station. We feel safe in the Perimeter area and find the hotels to be clean and well managed. I have also traveled in the northeast and have found that Atlanta has some of the best hotels in the world which sets a high standard.This one meets it very well.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter - ate somewhere else except the breakfast - which is excellent
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center.Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our pricing was reasonably priced.

Thank you for letting us know that all team members exceeded your expectations. We will be sure to let our team know. It is our goal to ensure that all our guests have a great stay with us.
We know that you have many choices to stay while in the area and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We hope that when you return to the area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The room was what you would typically expect from Hampton, updated hotel furniture, clean room, fresh towels, big TV, mini-fridge etc. Friendly breakfast staff. Front Desk rep was often slow to respond or MIA. Not friendly or helpful with recommendations or assistance. Parking lot not well-lit. Small workout facility (with no TV). It wasn't a horrible stay, but they didn't have all the accommodations you typically see with Hampton Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to learn that your guest service experience did not meet your expectations due to our guest service agent no being accommodating to your needs. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have a great experience with us. We strive for impeccable customer service and I apologize that you did not find that during your stay with us. We know that you have many choices to stay while in our area.

The service that you described that you received at our hotel is unacceptable and we have addressed this issue with the guest service agent that was working during your check in at our at our hotel is unacceptable and we have addressed this issue with the guest service agent that was working during your check in at our hotel. Thank you for the opportunity of hearing your comments. Your satisfaction and loyalty is important to us. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality.

Sincerly,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was there on a business trip and found the hotel to be very convenient to the nearby businesses. Since the price was similar to other hotels in the area, I decided to stay there for my week long business trip.

The hotel is quite far away from the airport. There was a suggestion to get a rental car and I am very glad that we did as there is no restaurants within walking distance, especially at this time of the year. However, be aware that Atlanta's traffic on the Interstate is amongst the worst that I've ever been in. One of the people said it took him 1.5 hours to go 5 miles. My co-worker took over 45 minutes to get to the nearest McDonalds from the hotel in the evening. After hearing stories of the Atlanta traffic, we were very glad that we stayed so close to where we needed to be.

The hotel has lots of available parking. There is a convenient driveway in the back that makes it easy to get into and out of the hotel. The hotel has all the normal Hampton amenities including waffles, sausage, cereal, juice, oatmeal, fruit, in-room refrigerator, iron, desk, and free wi-fi that ran at a decent speed. The oatmeal raisin cookies during the evening were fantastic.

When I checked in, one of the two elevators was out. On an 8 floor hotel, that meant that it took a long time for the elevator to get to me. The elevator was repaired by the next day. I also noticed that one of two waffle irons was out of service the entire week I was there. Initially, I was on an end room on the 8th floor and heard a continuous high pitched noise coming from the vent in the bathroom. I thought I could just close the bathroom door and sleep through it, however, I ended up changing rooms.. I was told that the noise was coming from the fans on the roof. The next morning, I moved to a room on the 6th floor. The noise was still there, however, this time I could eliminate the noise by closing the bathroom door.

The in-room TV was annoying. It took a long time to display the menu. After selecting the channel, the volume was always reset to very low. However, there were a lot of channels to choose from.

The breakfast lady was a Sweetie. She greeted each guest and was always pleasant and willing to help. In addition to the normal cranberry, apple and orange juice, they had a sweeter juice which was a nice change.

There are lots of hotels in the area with an affiliation to all the major hotel chains. They were all about the same price, however, when you find a good price, book it quickly. I booked the same room for $20 a night less expensive than my co-worker, and he booked less than 12 hours after I did. All the other hotels prices in the area changed as fast also.

Overall a decent hotel with above average staff. However, they need to do something about the noise of the fans on the roof of the hotel so that they can utilize all the rooms of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 7th and 8th floor have quite a bit of noise from the roof fans. It is coming thought the vent system. If you think you can get a room at a decent price, book it quickly as the room rates of all the hotels in the area can go up quite fast.
1  Thank travelingsenior

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and letting us know that our staff was accomodating and nice during your stay with us. We know that you have many choices to stay while in the area and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.