Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewssandy springsroom was cleanfront desk stafffamily reunioncomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areahotel stayclose proximitybreakfast staffwould recommend this hotel to anyoneeasy accessa wonderful staynight staymarta stationgreat customer serviceenjoyed my staychecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent, well cared for facility. The staff were uniformly friendly, well-informed and helpful. I will return to this hotel every time I travel to this area. The management and staff clearly hold themselves to a high standard. I would be hard pressed to improve on the quality of this excellent non-luxary hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
PatriciaKilgore, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Bobby M.

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn-Atlanta Perimeter center. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again! Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience with this review!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn 3 or 4 times in the last 5 years. I will stay there again whenever I'm in the Atlanta area. The staff is friendly and helpful and the hotel meets all high expectations I expect in all Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Carolrife,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again. It was great to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that our team was accommodating. We will be sure to share your kind comments with our team. We thank you for letting others know of your stay and hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was in town for 10 days for training and was put up at this facility by the training company.

THE GOOD:

Room:
-The bed was sooooo comfortable!!!
-The multi-plug next to the bed was helpful, as I have a lot of devices to charge and use.
-Did I mention the bed was comfortable???

Misc:

-The shuttle drivers and most of the staff were nice and friendly, seemed to enjoy their work.

THE BAD:

General:
-The wireless internet is a joke. it's closer to dial-up then broadband. Even the paid service (which is supposed to be faster, for games or streaming etc) was NOT any better at all. I ended up using the hotspot on my phone, which I will likely have to pay for in the end. I wish this hotel had Ethernet ports like other Hamptons I've stayed at.
-Decals were coming off the interior elevator doors. They also had tracings on them.

Room:
-Carpet was not laid properly. The carpet spikes were not visible, but could definitely be felt if you happened to step where they were. Maintenance was asked to fix this twice, never did. Found multiple places in the room with this issue.
-Shower walls seemed VERY old and dirty at first, second, and third glances. It took some time to realize it was just how they were made. It doesn't look good.
-Fan vent in the bathroom was disgusting. Hasn't been cleaned in months easily. A wipe-down of it with a wet cloth took quick care of it, but shouldn't have had to do that in the first place.
-There was a door to the next room. I hate that. I could hear everything that went on in there. TV, talking, other things that happen in bed..
-Shower pressure was HORRID. Ever try to drip shower?
- The bathroom counter was layered with something caked on. It was clear, and all you had to do was touch it to realize housekeeping didn't properly clean it.
-Had to shut the door HARD to get it to stay shut. Otherwise it would LOOK shut, but it would just push open.

Breakfast:
-All the cereal boxes seemed to have suffered to humidity. The packaging wasn't totally sealed on any of the boxes I had. While it's something that can be hard to control, it also makes it seem like the QC isn't there.

Staff:
-A couple members of the staff really seemed to hate their jobs. One especially was either quite flighty, gruff and stern, abrasive, unhelpful and just not knowledgeable. Somebody like that should NOT have a job at a hotel. It's not welcoming, pleasant, and really off-putting.
-When asked about local food, and for menus, was told to go online. They had one menu for a pizza place, but the place didn't like to answer their phones. When staying in a place for 10 nights, and having no vehicle, it's important to be able to get good food information and menus from the hotel.

Housekeeping:
-Not consistent. Bed was made differently about 8/10 nights. Pillows placed differently most days. Had to search for some pillows a few nights, as they were moved to different places in the room.
-Came back more then once, hours after "finishing" the room, apparently having forgotten something.
-Frequently didn't restock the room with towels, washcloths, etc. Some days it was restocked, some days not. Some days I didn't even get the floor mat.
-They were slow to clean up places like the elevator, hallways, furniture in the halls.

I did speak to the manager about the staff and wireless, and asked to have maintenance up to the room about the door and the carpet spikes. Apparently, though, nothing was done. The manager DID have the room cleaned a bit better after I brought the condition of the bathroom up, but it shouldn't have had to be done in the first place.

Room Tip: Top floor, facing away from highway is your best bet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Chris•

Thank you for taking the time to write us an insightful review. The details of your comment will help us improve our service delivery. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the Internet and appreciate your comments. We appreciate your time and comments and hope that if you return to the area that you stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Love the Hampton Inn experience....breakfast always good, excellent coffee and ALWAYS clean and well-appointed but THIS Hampton had the best shower I've ever had the pleasure of using in a motel/hotel. Traveling roads for close to 50 years, I've stayed in a lot of places but I have rarely been able to take a good shower. Not here. I've tall so most just hit me around the waist. THIS one was mounted with me in mind. Also, The stream was great and the controls worked. The location was within walking distance of numerous restaurants and next door to a Brusters.This is, hopefully, the Hampton Inn at Sugar Hill. The receipt did not identify which one and I went on the web site. If not, this is on Exit 115. GREAT stop..easy on/off. We were worried when we saw a lot of teenagers staying here for a lacrosse tournament but by 10:00 they were all quiet.

Room Tip: Just ask. VERY good people. I would recommend 1st floor. Park around the side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael J

Dear Michael J,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us. It is great to know that all aspects of your stay were to your liking. We appreciate that as a long term traveler that you found your room to have the perfect shower.
Thank you for your time and comments. We know that you have many choices to stay while in the area and we appreciate that you stayed with us.. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've stayed at tons of Hamptons and this is one of the nicest I've been at. Everything was very clean and it seemed the rooms had been recently redone. I agree with the other reviewer on the pillows - they were very lumpy but overall the room was nice. I had a king room that had a sofa with it, so that was a nice plus as you don't often see that at Hampton Inns.

The staff were great - each morning they never failed to say good morning. The breakfast was also very good for being a Hampton breakfast. They had a rather large spread and everything was well-supplied. The lobby itself is very small, so the breakfast area can get crowded if the hotel is full.

Overall it's a great option for the budget and very conveniently located.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AnnelinP

Dear Annelin P

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your stay with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay with us. We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area that you will choose to stay with us again.